AUGUST 2018 CHALLENGE

Options

Replies

• chinatowninchina
    chinatowninchina Posts: 1,279 Member
    edited August 2018
    Options
    Weird fact of life, husbands loose weight faster than wives, even if they aren't 'dieting'! Just one of those very annoying things! :/
  • Freischuetz
    Freischuetz Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    as a husband, i can tell you its pretty easy for me to lose an amount of weight in short time. much more harder is to put a few pounds of lean mass on!

@tcunbeliever nice stats!
  • eggfooyamyam
    eggfooyamyam Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    My bizarre Keto accomplishment is that I got my visiting friends on Keto. They've lost almost 12 lbs between them. Why didn't I do it with them? They have two kids and the house was full of tempting treats my pantry hasn't seen the likes of in 5 months. Those little lemon wafers cookies, party mix, tater tots...!!! You get the picture. Let the games begin!!!!

You crack me up eggfooyamyam :D When I look at your profile Pic (keto food pyramid)I don't see any of the above mentioned food. Me thinks you and I have been on a similar diet the last week. Lets make a pact to both attempt a keto clean week. What do you say????

I think I do need a partner to hold me accountable, so yes, if the offer is still good it's sounds like we both need some help. I'm having a hard time getting back on track. I have been able to maintain by eating low carb but I haven't been in ketosis in well over a month and I'm definitely not loosing. I'm up for a pact!!!!
  • dw1305
    dw1305 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Good morning my clothes are baggy! Every 20 lbs I lose I'll treat myself to an outfit or two. 2 months ago post pregnancy I was 227 I started IF 18 hours a day with tons of water & two cups of coffee. I keep putting off going to the cricut gym but I have to go it's just a struggle because I'm out of shape.
    7.25 Sw 204 Gw for August??? Gw overall 125
    Sunday 8/05: 196.8
    Sunday 08/12: 194.2
    Sunday 08/19:
    Sunday 08/26:
    Friday 08/31:
  • skctilidie
    skctilidie Posts: 1,404 Member
    Options
    SW - 209.8 (SW for keto 4/15/18 - 206.8)
    GW - 150
    End of August GW - 175

Wednesday, August 1 - 180.8
    Sunday, August 5 - 178.6
    Sunday, August 12 - 176.8
    Sunday, August 19
    Sunday, August 26
    Friday, August 31

It's been a great couple of weeks for me - staying in ketosis, dropping weight, AND making big progress at the gym. Now the challenge is to keep all of those things going as I adjust back into the schedule of the kids' school and 4 nights a week soccer practice plus working lots more 12 hour nights than I do during the summer.
  • PaulaKro
    PaulaKro Posts: 5,693 Member
    edited August 2018
    Options
    HW: 317
    May 2018 Keto SW: 178

Goal weight: 145 +/-

08/05: 156.5 (-1.5)
    08/12: 154.5 (-2.0)
    08/19:
    08/26:

Within ten pounds of my goal, but already at an extremely comfortable level. I'm going to start trying for maintenance by increasing consumption of proteins and vegetables. I'll probably bounce (gain/lose) during this process, and starting now will give me some wiggle room. When the practice is over, I may drop the last 5-10 pounds.

• stormywxs288
    stormywxs288 Posts: 795 Member
    Options
    @Eggfooyamyam I’m on my way home from my 50th HS reunion where I was definitely kicked out of ketosis. When I get back home today, I plan to get right back on the keto road. However, I’m not so good at recovering from the old bad habits I’ve created over the last 68 years. So, I would really appreciate a partner looking over my shoulder to keep me keto clean for a week.

If you would watch my logging starting Monday until next Sunday I will do the same for you. If I don’t see your food post on my news feed I will bug you and vice-versa. Maybe we can motivate each other to get back on the keto wagon.
  • dlaforest59
    dlaforest59 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Well it looks like I've been at a stand still the last 2 weeks. Time to tweak macros or ride it out? The scale may not be moving but I'm feeling lighter & clothes are feeling looser. That is still a win for me. On to a new week!

Keto SW : 211 (6/27)
    Healthy Goal: 160
    Aug Goal: 195

07/29 - 201.8

Sunday 08/05 - 201.2
    Sunday 08/12 - 201
    Sunday 08/19
    Sunday 08/26
    Fri. 08/31
  • eggfooyamyam
    eggfooyamyam Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    I gained about 2.5 lbs over the last 6 weeks while on vacation and with many visitors coming and going. I'm actually very pleased with this because I have not followed Keto, just low carb. I injured my knee and that is keeping me from exercising and being as active as usual. I am back at KETO and very focused! No more out of town trips, no more visitors! My goal is to aim high and lose 20-25 lbs before my birthday in 3 months. I have managed to cut down on caffeine. I drink coffee that is 2 parts decaf, 1 part regular. I'm on a one alcoholic drink limit if I'm having drinks at all, which I expect will also lessen as the summer socializing has come to an end. I'm happy to be back!!

SW - 184 March 1, 2018
    GW - 135

Wednesday, August 1 - no weigh-in
    Sunday, August 5 - no weigh-in
    Sunday, August 12 - 160.4
    Sunday, August 19
    Sunday, August 26
    Friday, August 31
  • kpk54
    kpk54 Posts: 4,474 Member
    Options
    @d_dc_lady, I'm sorry to hear about your kitty's failing health and I understand the emotions you are experiencing. Just last April we put our beloved Wally to sleep. Sparing details of his illness and our sadness, I am posting to let you know of a service we used that may be available to you and you might want to consider: Lap of Love.

The last thing I wanted to do was put that poor little guy in his carrier which he truly hated and take him to the veterinarian's office. In home euthanasia was a much more compassionate and private experience for both Wally and us. You will know when it is time. <3
  • db19732018
    db19732018 Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    Sunday 08/05 - 274
    Sunday 08/12 - 275
    Sunday 08/19
    Sunday 08/26

Considering my drinking getting out of hand these last few weeks, with all the concerts and such, I'm surprised I'm only up a lb. Going to lunch in a bit with a girl I've had a crush on for 16 years. Oughtta be interesting...