Jamie's OMAD Journey

Hey everyone,

My name is Jamie.

I'm new to the forum, but I've been following OMAD Revolution for awhile now. Like many, I started on Keto and started questioning the need to limit and restrict so much.

I started at 297lbs in March and through a combination of Keto/IF/EF/OMAD, I'm currently at around 240lbs.

My goal is to hit 199lbs by the end of the year.

Last week, I started doing OMAD without any restrictions. I've added back in carbs, grains, fruits and veggies.

My TDEE is 2,400 and while I'm not eating to my macros, I'm purposely trying to eat at least 1,500 calories in my OMAD.

Starting next week when I check the scale again, I'm going to check in here weekly going forward and track my progrss. I'd also like to offer my support to others who are doing the same.

So here we go, less restrictive OMAD and a goal of dropping 40lbs in 4.5 months.

Let's do this! :)

Replies

• blambo61
    blambo61 Posts: 4,372 Member
    Good luck! I'm interested to hear how it goes. You should immediately gain 3-4 lbs due to storing more glycogen/water and then you should continue steady losses at that calorie intake.
  • jadepearl
    jadepearl Posts: 3,113 Member
    Good luck! :)
  • dkayingram
    dkayingram Posts: 737 Member
    Best of luck. And welcome!
  • Brendalea69
    Brendalea69 Posts: 3,863 Member
    Welcome Jamie :)
  • KatsNewYear
    KatsNewYear Posts: 47 Member
    You can do it. You are doing great so far.
  • mrbrantford
    mrbrantford Posts: 2 Member
    SW: 297LBS
    CW: 250LBS
    GW: 199LBS

Well, I wasn't expecting to GAIN 10lbs after re-introducing carbs, but I know it's water weight. Looks like I'm starting at 250lbs, not 240lbs.

My TDEE is 2,400. I'm going to keep my meals in the 1,500 - 1,700 range and ensure my fasts are all CLEAN (Water only)

Here's hoping I can settle into a groove of at least 2lbs per week to hit my year end goal.

I'll be updating weekly, thanks folks.
  • blambo61
    blambo61 Posts: 4,372 Member
    Good luck!
  • narasal
    narasal Posts: 6 Member
    I am also doing keto, but I have had a stall for over 3 weeks and started omad 2 days ago with no results. I am still restricting my carb intake but am confused on what I am doing wrong to kick start my weight loss again. Normal calorie intake is 1200-1300 when I was on keto, but down to 900-1000 since starting omad. Help with any suggestions getting really frustrated.
    Starting weight 7/1/2018: 181
    CW: 169
    That is 7 weeks I dropped to 164 but started gaining weight back week 6.
  • Brendalea69
    soorez wrote: »
    SW: 297LBS
    CW: 250LBS
    GW: 199LBS

Well, I wasn't expecting to GAIN 10lbs after re-introducing carbs, but I know it's water weight. Looks like I'm starting at 250lbs, not 240lbs.

My TDEE is 2,400. I'm going to keep my meals in the 1,500 - 1,700 range and ensure my fasts are all CLEAN (Water only)

Here's hoping I can settle into a groove of at least 2lbs per week to hit my year end goal.

I'll be updating weekly, thanks folks.

It's water weight for sure...Have a great week :)
  • Brendalea69
    narasal wrote: »
    I am also doing keto, but I have had a stall for over 3 weeks and started omad 2 days ago with no results. I am still restricting my carb intake but am confused on what I am doing wrong to kick start my weight loss again. Normal calorie intake is 1200-1300 when I was on keto, but down to 900-1000 since starting omad. Help with any suggestions getting really frustrated.
    Starting weight 7/1/2018: 181
    CW: 169
    That is 7 weeks I dropped to 164 but started gaining weight back week 6.

You might not be eating enough, try eating more every other day and see if that helps.
  • DarthWaderMT
    DarthWaderMT Posts: 231 Member
    welcome! Keto is not for everyone. It works great for me in removing inflammation and taking away pain from arthritis, but if you are mainly going for weight loss, eating one meal a day will get it done, no matter what you eat. I think you will feel better eating whole foods however, whatever macro nutrient ration you do. good luck!
  • narasal
    narasal Posts: 6 Member
    edited August 2018
    Thank you, I am starting to rethink keto. I am so confused, because everywhere I read or watch Utube videos I am constantly being told I need all these supplements to succeed ( electrolytes, acv, magnesium, green juice powder). I though just doing it with acv was good enough without all the add ons. Hopefully omad will help. I am going to increase my carb intake by a little to see if it also helps, on keto you are not allowed any fruit except berries. I hope it help you with your inflammation.
  • jadepearl
    jadepearl Posts: 3,113 Member
    Hang in there and keep it up! The results will show, slowly but surely! Have a good weekend!
  • catuccifranco08
    catuccifranco08 Posts: 218 Member
    You got this ! You can do it ! Stay in a pattern ! Good luck !
  • EstrangedTiger
    EstrangedTiger Posts: 543 Member
    narasal wrote: »
    Thank you, I am starting to rethink keto. I am so confused, because everywhere I read or watch Utube videos I am constantly being told I need all these supplements to succeed ( electrolytes, acv, magnesium, green juice powder). I though just doing it with acv was good enough without all the add ons. Hopefully omad will help. I am going to increase my carb intake by a little to see if it also helps, on keto you are not allowed any fruit except berries. I hope it help you with your inflammation.

Yep, too much information. Low carb makes me feel better, overall. So, I use the simple electrolyte solution (potassium salt, sea salt, lemon) to help counter the diuretic effect after exercise. A keto diet with plenty of vegetables should have everything you need. That other stuff is expensive. ACV does have some amazing health benefits for anybody. Required? Nah.