Day 5 on Keto - Itching

Options
Pineapples
Pineapples Posts: 246 Member
Hello Everyone,

I just seriously started the Keto diet five days ago and last night I started itching everywhere it seems. there is no rush just itchiness. Has anyone experience this before? and does it go away after a few days?

Replies

• kpk54
    kpk54 Posts: 4,474 Member
    Options
    Do a google search on Keto Rash if you haven't already. i suppose one could have a mild case with just the itch and not the rash. Don't know.

Are you eating anything you've not eaten before? Are you eating considerably more of something? Are you taking any new vitamins? Any new medications? You could be allergic to the "new" something.

I've not experienced an itchiness personally but have seen many inquiries similar to yours.
  • Sunny_Bunny_
    Sunny_Bunny_ Posts: 7,140 Member
    Options
    Maybe dehydration. How much sodium are you supplementing each day?
  • Pineapples
    Pineapples Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    @sunny_Bunny_ No just low carbs, nothing that I haven't eaten before. But I seem to be fasting for about 15 hours without really trying. I started eating earlier in the morning, I also noticed that the itch starts to creep in if I haven't eating enough. Which is weird. but I hadn't considered low sodium. So far the itching seems to be in check for the most part.
  • Sunny_Bunny_
    Sunny_Bunny_ Posts: 7,140 Member
    Options
    Pineapples wrote: »
    @sunny_Bunny_ No just low carbs, nothing that I haven't eaten before. But I seem to be fasting for about 15 hours without really trying. I started eating earlier in the morning, I also noticed that the itch starts to creep in if I haven't eating enough. Which is weird. but I hadn't considered low sodium. So far the itching seems to be in check for the most part.

If you aren’t specifically aupppememting sodium then you can assume low sodium is an issue. Could be creating dehydration to a degree to cause skin issues.