What kinds of positive effects have you experienced from being on keto?

Options
Behxo
Behxo Posts: 1,190 Member
Hi, I just started keto last Tuesday and I am honestly loving it so far, this diet has been so doable and I don't feel deprived at all! Since I am new though, I'm not sure what other positive effects I could possibly experience and would love to hear from others!

So far I've experienced my eczema clearing up a bit (although it still breaks out sometimes since I am currently under a bit of stress) and not needing to eat as much anymore. I also used to have a major sweet tooth, I tried 100% dark chocolate today and ACTUALLY liked it so my taste buds have already started to change. I still need to try out Lily's stevia sweetened dark chocolate though :smile:

Replies

• Behxo
    Behxo Posts: 1,190 Member
    Options
    Yea I've heard the overall keto makes you feel more energized, so that'll be nice too
  • CarolynRSB
    CarolynRSB Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    I find that I'm not hungry nearly as often as I used to be, which is nice.
  • ccrdragon
    ccrdragon Posts: 3,365 Member
    Options
    Better and deeper sleep.
  • ironmaidenchick
    ironmaidenchick Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    Severe pain in my hip has gone, my skin is clear and soft, sleeping is great, headaches are rare now :-)
  • mamaomefo
    mamaomefo Posts: 418 Member
    Options
    No longer draggy and unable to get myself moving. I have an abundance of energy. At my age, that is wonderful. 👍
  • kpk54
    kpk54 Posts: 4,474 Member
    Options
    Just better satiety and decreased cravings but that's enough. :) Keto taught me I needed more fat in my diet. Now I eat LCHF (compared to MFPs default macros) with no emphasis on ketosis.

• ironmaidenchick
    ironmaidenchick Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    Lol I agree with the fewer farts 😂
  • butterfountain
    butterfountain Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I usually never see any difference when I diet... but this time, I'm noticing I'm sleeping better, and I don't snore as bad, and I'm definitely not as hungry all the time. I don't know about fewer farts...but I call Atkins cookies and cream bars, fart bars. I have to think about where I'll be before I eat one.
  • nvmomketo
    nvmomketo Posts: 12,019 Member
    Options
    I usually never see any difference when I diet... but this time, I'm noticing I'm sleeping better, and I don't snore as bad, and I'm definitely not as hungry all the time. I don't know about fewer farts...but I call Atkins cookies and cream bars, fart bars. I have to think about where I'll be before I eat one.

Do they have sugar alcohols in them (ingredient ends in "ol")? Sugar alcohols affect my gut a bit. Too much = planning to be around toilets the next day. ;)

Plants definitely cause stink in my family. My oldest used to eat a bag of produce everyday when he was homeschooled - he wasn't concerned about stinking out his brothers. Now that he's in high school he skips the produce on school days. LOL

Now if only I could get my hubby to give up grains, beans and potatoes... Usually eaten before bed, darn it. :scream:
  • GaleHawkins
    GaleHawkins Posts: 8,160 Member
    Options
    @Behxo for the past 4 years I have seen many positives on Keto. I am started to read about the Epigenetic factor that may be behind some of my positive side effects.

Just keep doing what you are doing before you head down any rabbit holes. :)

https://ketonutrition.org/blog/2018/6/29/can-keto-affect-your-genes
  • Safari_Gal
    Safari_Gal Posts: 888 Member
    Options
    Hi All,
    New to this group! Hello!

Since being keto - 5 + months my skin is looking a lot better. I eat far more vegetables and my skin is clearer and more dewy. Bonus!
  • jogetsgains
    jogetsgains Posts: 341 Member
    Options
    I am low carb, not technically keto. My depression and anxiety is 1000x better when i cut the carbs, especially sugar and simple starches. If I have them i instantly feel agitated and so so sad. If I go on a full carb bender I can't even think properly. My body has less inflammation. I am less hungry and cravy. My nails are growing out so nicely. My allergies are less - not sure if it is related to diet, but it is a marked difference. No crashes. Good sleep.
  • RalfLott
    RalfLott Posts: 5,036 Member
    Options
    Lol I agree with the fewer farts 😂

That's a positive? >:)