Weekly Post 10/09/2018 - 16/09/2018

Meghan509
Meghan509 Posts: 1,937 Member
Good morning all!

Hope everybody has a great week!

Goal is to eat clean all week and stay at around 1200-1500 calories per day. I am also hoping to get to the gym every day after work, through Thursday. I say hoping, just in case this week gets a little crazy with work and I have to stay late. Fingers crossed, but I don't think that my work schedule should be an issue.

I hope anyone celebrating Rosh Hashanah, has a nice holiday with their family and friends.

Have a good day and see you all soon!

Replies

• KateNkognito
    KateNkognito Posts: 1,505 Member
    After last week, yesterday was a breeze! I also have a much lighter homework load this week, too. It is mostly recording myself teaching a lesson I wrote, and then self-evaluating.
    Meghan, I hope work doesn't keep you too busy.
    Have a great day!
  • Meghan509
    Good morning all!

Hi Kate! Good to hear! Hope you have an easy week! Homework can be tough!
    I completed my Bachelors Degree online over ten years ago, while working full time. Evenings and weekends were a bust for a while, but I cranked it out and finished in a year and a half or so. (I started with an Associates).
    Just wanted to let you know that you got this! I actually liked writing papers and learning. I appreciated it more in my 30's then when fresh out of H.S. :)

Not too much happening here. So far so good with the work project. ;)

Have a good one and chat soon.
  • KateNkognito
    KateNkognito Posts: 1,505 Member
    So, apparently, the kids were making up for yesterday. LOL It wasn't, too bad, though. And I will end up with a low cal day because I don't have time to get dinner. If I can swing it, I might fast tomorrow. That would give me a good, long fast and help to burn some extra fat.
    @Meghan509 I really like what I am learning, and I love the online format. It is a lot of work on top of family and work, though. Only a little over a year left!
    Have a great week, y'all!
  • dryheatfitness
    dryheatfitness Posts: 97 Member
    Goal this week is clean breakfast and lunches. I spent the time on Sunday to meal prep and made chicken thighs, quinoa and black beans all using my Instant Pot. All got portioned up for lunch, with 300 calories on my fast days.
    Today was fast day #1 and it came out perfect. I was never hungry. Next will be Thursday. Challenge will be keeping clean rest of the week.
  • Meghan509
    Good morning everybody!

Too funny Kate! Good for you. Agree that fasting is the best thing for burning fat. :) Glad you like your program!

Hi there @dryheatfitness sounds like a great goal! Sunday is totally meal prep in our house too! I may have to cave and get an Instant Pot one of these days. Keep seeing so many recipes for it and it would make my life easier too. Did you pick up a recipe book for it, or is it pretty straight forward, etc. Just curious!

Back to work. LOL See you guys soon!
  • mamainthekitchen
    mamainthekitchen Posts: 929 Member
    Well guys, I’ve had real stupid eating habits lately. One fast last week wasn’t even a fast! So today I’m fasting and back on the train! Doing a ton of housework today and have already given the golden retriever and soapy end of summer bath! Lunch was 2 whole grain rycrisp and a thin smear of peanut butter!! Quite like that, feels like eating something and really fills me up for a long time. Poured 2 glasses of water to stay in the fridge...waiting until after I vacuum! What a life I lead! Then out to dog park but leaving the leash on!!!

Instant pot dinner prep sounds so organized! Great job dryheat!!

Kate glad you’re hanging in there with all you do!! Think of all the free time you’ll have after your course is over!!

Meghan I’m going to join you on the 1200-1500 cal for a while. That’s how I lost to begin with, it’s just motivation.... ugh... weird how the brain works. Going to try copying my menus from a couple of years ago. What’s that saying? It takes 21 days to make anything a habit?? Idk, some number... 21 sounds reasonable! Here’s to day 1!

Cheers people!
  • Meghan509
    Hi gang!

Happy Thursday!

Going to keep it quick since today has been crazy. UGH.

Yes, I hear you mama. I can say most days I don't feel like I am doing the "D" word (DIET) when I eat 1200-1500.
    I have not been weighing lately. The scale just stresses me out. My head has not been in this 100%. It will get there.

Going to run. Speak to you guys soon.... Have a great day if you are fasting!
  • Meghan509
    Hello all,
    That work project I mentioned earlier in the week came in full force today! BuSy! All good. Makes the day go faster.
    Been having a pretty good week here. Got to the gym, at clean and my size 8 jeans are still fitting. LOL Not weighing for a bit. Going to measure and go by clothing for a bit. Just can't get my mind around the scale. Too frustrating.
    Hope everybody has a nice Friday and weekend. Will pop in as I can. :)
  • Meghan509
    Happy Saturday all. :)