TEAM: Gutbusters (September)

Options

Replies

• Rocknut53
    Rocknut53 Posts: 1,794 Member
    Options
    grebber1 wrote: »
    Yesterday was the worst day I have had in years. I had to put down my dog last night. She had either cancer or liver failure. Neither of which had a good outcome. Is she was my best friend. She was better than most humans I have met. Wound up cooking last night I made lunch for the rest of the week and had some dinner but really lost my appetite. Basically made chicken with onions broccoli and peppers with some fajita seasoning. No wraps or anything like that

I'm so sorry for your loss. My dogs mean more to me than most of the people I know. Over the many years I've had many and had many put down. It's never easy in spite of doing what's best for the dog. My brother won't have another dog and can't understand why I would put myself through that much heartbreak. The joy and memories I have make it worthwhile.
  • grebber1
    grebber1 Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    Rocknut53 wrote: »
    Yesterday was the worst day I have had in years. I had to put down my dog last night. She had either cancer or liver failure. Neither of which had a good outcome. Is she was my best friend. She was better than most humans I have met. Wound up cooking last night I made lunch for the rest of the week and had some dinner but really lost my appetite. Basically made chicken with onions broccoli and peppers with some fajita seasoning. No wraps or anything like that

I'm so sorry for your loss. My dogs mean more to me than most of the people I know. Over the many years I've had many and had many put down. It's never easy in spite of doing what's best for the dog. My brother won't have another dog and can't understand why I would put myself through that much heartbreak. The joy and memories I have make it worthwhile.

Indeed. It's so hard. Worth it so many times over tho. She was such a great lab. Irreplaceable. Some day I'll get another dog. There companionship, loyalty and love make it worth it.
    Just feel so guilty tho. Just takes time I suppose
  • Colleen790
    Colleen790 Posts: 813 Member
    Options
    Week 3 Weigh in
    September 20
    PW. 178.7
    CW. 177.0
    I'm so grateful for this group. It's the first thing that's actually working for me. It's the accountability. Thanks again.
  • Rocknut53
    Options
    Rocknut53 wrote: »

Indeed. It's so hard. Worth it so many times over tho. She was such a great lab. Irreplaceable. Some day I'll get another dog. There companionship, loyalty and love make it worth it.
    Just feel so guilty tho. Just takes time I suppose

One of my current dogs is a lab, love the personality. The one before her was a lab and developed uncontrollable seizures, right after we had put our 15 year old border/Aussie down. It took me about a week to start looking for a new dog. In April we adopted a mutt from an organization called Rez Dog Rescue. They find unwanted litters of puppies on the Indian reservations, get them healthy if they're not already, vaccinate & neuter...all for $150. So yea, I'm dependent on my dogs. It does take time to get over losing one, and you will never forget her.
  • edising
    edising Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    Username: edising
    Weigh in Day: Wednesday
    Week: 3
    Previous Weight: 196
    Current Weight: 195.8

Well, at least it is going in the correct direction :|:|
  • Rocknut53
    Options
    September 19
    Exercise: yes, mowed lawn and other yard work
    Calorie: yes
    Tracked: yes
  • craigo3154
    craigo3154 Posts: 2,572 Member
    Options
    September 19
    Exercised?: Yes (20 mins to and from work)
    Calories?: Yes
    Tracked?: Yes

Another work day in Spain. Late finish again.

Flying home tomorrow (20th), so got a very early night. Need to time slip back 8 hours over 2 days (and 24 hours flying), so starting time adjustment now.

So posting this early morning on the 20th. Morning meetings before afternoon flight.

Daily Strength challenge

Challenge for September 19 is side planks. ()

2 sets
    • First set 15s, 30s each side, wait 2 mins
    • Second set 15s, 30s each side.
  • Colleen790
    Options
    Sept 20 Week 3
    Exercise. Yes treadmill 30 mins
    Calories. A little over
    Tracked. Yes

• grebber1
    Options
    Week 3 weigh in
    Name: grebber1
    Last week: 351
    This week: 346.4
  • LesIckaBod
    LesIckaBod Posts: 719 Member
    Options
    inshapeCK wrote: »
    @LesIckaBod

I just wanted to say thanks for all the time and effort you put into our group.
    I've run groups before and I know how time consuming they can be.
    I know you spend a lot of time responding to people's posts.

@inshapeCK Thanks for these kind words! It's a little scary taking on this "captain" role (who I am to lead this?) but it's not so bad to enter weights into the spreadsheet and say nice things to people! Thanks for this, and way to go on reducing a bit from last week. I always kind of feel like maintaining is a bit of win -- at least with whatever's going on in life, you're not gaining, right?
  • LesIckaBod
    Options
    Colleen790 wrote: »
    Week 3 Weigh in
    September 20
    PW. 178.7
    CW. 177.0
    I'm so grateful for this group. It's the first thing that's actually working for me. It's the accountability. Thanks again.

@Colleen790 This group made a big difference for me, too, so I'm glad it's working for you! And congrats on your loss so far -- down 2.53% for September so far!
  • LesIckaBod
    Options
    Happy Thursday Weigh-in day for:

@cjscoey
    @grebber1
    @peacekeace
  • LesIckaBod
    Options
    Sept 20
    Tracked: Yes
    Calories: Yes, under
    Exercise: Yes, counting 15 min on treadmill and walking around outside and playing frisbee with my little dude

NSV: I pack my boys' lunches each day, and in one of their 2-compartment lunch containers I always put veggies on one side and some kind of carb thing on the other: pretzel chips, veggie fries, goldfish, etc. Maybe not the healthiest for them -- I really need to get some new ideas for packing lunch. But the NSV for me is, I have all these bags and boxes of those darn snacks, and I manage to get through the day without eating them all up myself. They don't even register as a choice for me.
  • LesIckaBod
    Options
    craigo3154 wrote: »
    September 16
    Exercised?: Yes (22+km in 4 hours - More Sightseeing Madrid)
    Calories?: Yes
    Tracked?: Yes

LONG walk again today. 30C (86F) again in Madrid during the day.

Went "El Rastro" Market. Got a couple of tassled shawls for my wife (her request of what to bring back from Spain).

I realise why I don't like markets (Too many slow moving distracted people. Too much noise. Too much choice.). I don't go shopping, I go buying. Browsing for me is stressful.

@craigo3154 Thanks for sharing the beautiful picture from Madrid! Sounds like a challenging trip in some ways, but also a good one. Safe travels back home!!

Also, I thought about what you said here about markets, and I generally feel the same way. But then I thought that maybe for some people, walking through the market is like going through a anthropological museum where you're looking at the handicrafts and artifice of a people. I suspect people in general don't view markets consciously that way, but I think I could do that next time I go, and maybe it would be easier to handle.

• grebber1
    Options
    LesIckaBod wrote: »
    Happy Thursday Weigh-in day for:

@cjscoey
    @grebber1
    @peacekeace

I posted mine. Up a cpl posts
  • LesIckaBod
    Options
    @grebber1 Thanks for pointing that out - not sure how I missed it. Way to go so far - down 4.31% for the month, with a week to go!
  • LesIckaBod
    Options
    Colleen790 wrote: »
    Sept 20 Week 3
    Exercise. Yes treadmill 30 mins
    Calories. A little over
    Tracked. Yes

@Colleen790 Did your profile pic change, or did I just notice the sweet baby? Are congrats in order?
  • pilpolf
    pilpolf Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Sept 19th
    Exercise - kind of 16 flights of stairs
    Tracking - yes
    Calories- yes
  • Colleen790
    edited September 2018
    Options
    @LesickaBod Yes, I did change my profile picture. It's my newest grand baby born in April this year. And thank you for your encouragement and all the time and effort to put into this group. It is so appreciated.
  • Bendiz_
    Bendiz_ Posts: 278 Member
    Options
    Oh no.. I forgot to post my weight on wednesday. Do I have to wait until next wednesday then?
This discussion has been closed.