TEAM: Gutbusters (September)

Options

Replies

• eevang
    eevang Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    @LesIckaBod you are great at asking questions! Also thanks for the kind words in your earlier post. I noticed them even if life was too crazy to respond at the time.

I love your positivity and enjoy reading everything you write! So glad you're our team captain :) You're doing an awesome job.
  • eevang
    eevang Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    Username: eevang
    Weigh in Week: September Week 3
    Weigh in Day: Monday
    Previous Weight: 164.0
    Today's Weight: 163.4

Still trying to get rid of the entirety of last week's gain. I've got this! I really feel like I'm looking more muscular and my face is looking more angular. Confidence is still rising despite the blip on the scale.
  • Colleen790
    Colleen790 Posts: 813 Member
    Options
    Tuesday week 3. September 18
    Exercise. Yes. 35 minutes Treadmill
    Calories. Yes. Under
    Tracked. Yes
  • pilpolf
    pilpolf Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Week 3
    CW 150.5
    PW can’t remember but either the same or less

Tracking every day, going over calories occasionally but not by much and still exercising but the numbers seem to be going up 😕
  • LesIckaBod
    LesIckaBod Posts: 719 Member
    Options
    Happy Weigh-In Day to @littleflutterby !

We missed you last week - hope we hear from you today!
  • LesIckaBod
    Options
    grebber1 wrote: »
    I'm ready for week three. Counting on a 3 or 4 pound loss. Last week was good but I need to steady it out. Also I'm not logging as accurate as I want to. I really think tracking everything as close as possible is a huge key for my success. Without tracking, I'm just guessing. And that usually doesn't end up very well . Everyone should probably review how they track and see if there's something they can do a little better

@grebber1 I need to recommit to tracking as well. I feel like I've been getting sloppy with that as some other things have gotten busy, and my weight-loss Jiminy Cricket is on my shoulder telling me I better get back to tracking or I might be setting myself up to return to bad habits.

I've tracked my food for breakfast today, and I'm going back to yesterday to add in some things I skipped. How is your tracking going today?

• LesIckaBod
    Options
    eevang wrote: »
    Username: eevang
    Weigh in Week: September Week 3
    Weigh in Day: Monday
    Previous Weight: 164.0
    Today's Weight: 163.4

Still trying to get rid of the entirety of last week's gain. I've got this! I really feel like I'm looking more muscular and my face is looking more angular. Confidence is still rising despite the blip on the scale.

@eevang I'm glad to hear your grandma is doing better! Having a family member sick is especially hard, because often the rest of the family -- part of our larger support network -- feels the pain of the sickness, too, and so the whole network is weakened. I hope you have friends who have been able to help you bear with the frustrations and challenges of the time.

Also, great work holding steady on weight loss and exercise during this time. While we can't out-exercise a bad diet, building physical strength and endurance, and getting those exercise endorphins, definitely seems to help when the rest of life is wearing away at us. If your weight is holding steady but you're looking a little more angular and muscular, it sounds like you're shedding some fat and replacing with muscle mass. Way to go!!
  • grebber1
    grebber1 Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    LesIckaBod wrote: »
    I'm ready for week three. Counting on a 3 or 4 pound loss. Last week was good but I need to steady it out. Also I'm not logging as accurate as I want to. I really think tracking everything as close as possible is a huge key for my success. Without tracking, I'm just guessing. And that usually doesn't end up very well . Everyone should probably review how they track and see if there's something they can do a little better

@grebber1 I need to recommit to tracking as well. I feel like I've been getting sloppy with that as some other things have gotten busy, and my weight-loss Jiminy Cricket is on my shoulder telling me I better get back to tracking or I might be setting myself up to return to bad habits.

I've tracked my food for breakfast today, and I'm going back to yesterday to add in some things I skipped. How is your tracking going today?

Today in right on so that's a start. Last week I made a huge meal, counted everything that was in it then divided by 5 servings for five lunches at work. Some how it just didn't seem right tho. Cpl places last week we ate at, Healthy stuff but I had a hard time trying to figure out how to list it. Need to get back to the basics. Not eat out so much.
  • craigo3154
    craigo3154 Posts: 2,572 Member
    Options
    September 16
    Exercised?: Yes (22+km in 4 hours - More Sightseeing Madrid)
    Calories?: Yes
    Tracked?: Yes

LONG walk again today. 30C (86F) again in Madrid during the day.

Went "El Rastro" Market. Got a couple of tassled shawls for my wife (her request of what to bring back from Spain).

I realise why I don't like markets (Too many slow moving distracted people. Too much noise. Too much choice.). I don't go shopping, I go buying. Browsing for me is stressful.

Well under calories for the day.

September 17
    Exercised?: Yes (20 mins to and from work)

Work day in Spain. More meetings. Late finish.

September 18
    Exercised?: Yes (20 mins to and from work)

Another work day in Spain. Late finish again.

Looking forward to heading home on Thursday (although it will be 24+hours travel).

Need to come back to Madrid again first weeks of October.

I'll leave you with a photo of The Palacio de Cristal ("Crystal Palace"). It is a glass and metal structure located in Madrid's Buen Retiro Park. Very pretty.

4fuzhs8bq2i2.jpg

Daily Strength challenge

Challenge for September 18 is side lunges ()

3 sets
    • First set 10 or 15 each leg (if 10 is too easy continue to 15).
    • Second set 6 or 9 each leg.
    • Third set 5 or 8 each leg.

• Rocknut53
    Rocknut53 Posts: 1,794 Member
    Options
    September 18
    Exercise: Yes, 3.5 hour hike with 1600+ elevation gain
    Calories: yes
    Tracked: yes
  • Colleen790
    Colleen790 Posts: 813 Member
    Options
    September 19. Week 3
    Exercise. Yes. Housework
    Calories. Yes
    Tracked. Yes
  • caitlynns727
    caitlynns727 Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    Username: caitlynns727
    Weigh in Day: Wednesday
    Week: 3
    Previous Weight: 178.9
    Current Weight 175.9

Finally broke through 176! Only 3 more weeks until my first goal date, so hopefully I keep pushing hard through them. I would ideally like to be at 172 if I can, but 173 is ok too. 172 would be put me at 20 lbs down! After that I'll be taking a short "break" at maintenance over fall break then back to it for the last 10!
  • LesIckaBod
    Options
    Happy Wednesday Weigh-In for:

@Bendiz_
    @caitlynns727 - Gotcha already - congrats on breaking through your 176 barrier!
    @edising
    @hayleymace90
    @inshapeCK
  • LesIckaBod
    Options
    Rocknut53 wrote: »
    September 18
    Exercise: Yes, 3.5 hour hike with 1600+ elevation gain
    Calories: yes
    Tracked: yes

@Rocknut53 These hikes sound wonderful - I can just imagine the mountain views! How is your husband doing? Last I remember, you had to cut a trip short for illness.
  • grebber1
    grebber1 Posts: 216 Member
    edited September 2018
    Options
    Yesterday was the worst day I have had in years. I had to put down my dog last night. She had either cancer or liver failure. Neither of which had a good outcome. Is she was my best friend. She was better than most humans I have met. Wound up cooking last night I made lunch for the rest of the week and had some dinner but really lost my appetite. Basically made chicken with onions broccoli and peppers with some fajita seasoning. No wraps or anything like that
  • LesIckaBod
    Options
    Yesterday was the worst day I have had in years. I had to put down my dog last night. She had either cancer or liver failure. Neither of which had a good outcome. Is she was my best friend. She was better than most humans I have met. Wound up cooking last night I made lunch for the rest of the week and had some dinner but really lost my appetite. Basically made chicken with onions broccoli and peppers with some fajita seasoning. No wraps or anything like that

@grebber1 I'm so sorry you had to put down your dog. I know some of what you might be feeling, having once had a dog who was like my best friend, who had to be put down because he couldn't be saved.

It feels a little wrong to talk about weight loss in the context of this sadness, but I'm glad for you that you cooked a healthy dinner for yourself, even though you had no appetite. You didn't feed your sadness.

The ones who love us want us to be happy and healthy. Taking care of yourself is essential for happiness and health. When you go for a walk, run or bike ride, and you feel yourself breathing deeply and feeling good about moving, picture your friend loping along beside you, happy for you that you're outside and living life.
  • mthomas0228
    mthomas0228 Posts: 594 Member
    Options

So very sorry for your loss! Wishing you peace.
  • inshapeCK
    inshapeCK Posts: 3,946 Member
    Options
    Username: inshapeCK
    Weigh in Day: Wednesday
    Week: 3
    Previous Weight: 145.9 pounds
    Current Weight: 145.8 pounds

Only down 0.1 pounds since last Wednesday BUT down 2.2 pounds since Sunday as I had put weight back on again after my previous Wednesday weigh in. Need to lose 1.1 pounds to get back to the weight I was on August 29th.
  • inshapeCK
    inshapeCK Posts: 3,946 Member
    Options
    @LesIckaBod

I just wanted to say thanks for all the time and effort you put into our group.
    I've run groups before and I know how time consuming they can be.
    I know you spend a lot of time responding to people's posts.
This discussion has been closed.