Today is day 30

Options
fat2fitFawn
fat2fitFawn Posts: 10 Member
I’ve been doing keto for 30 days and I’m down 11.5 pounds while my husband is down 20 🙄lol. I can use the support so add me if you want to see what I eat everyday :)

Replies

• gwendyprism
    gwendyprism Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    That's great. I've been doing 1200 calories and low fat for last 3 years with little success. I did previously lose 50# when I also cut out sugar and white flour and have maintained that loss. Thinking keto might be the key to further weight loss.
  • bustercrabby
    bustercrabby Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    I’ve been doing keto for 30 days and I’m down 11.5 pounds while my husband is down 20 🙄lol. I can use the support so add me if you want to see what I eat everyday :)

To me, keto is not primarily about weight-loss. It is more importantly about eating as cleanly as you can. For example, my kitchen is now nearly 90% organic. Organic foods are clean with no artificial ingredients. I was a sourdough bread baker, so I had a ton of various types of flour and it was very difficult throwing away all my wheat based products. Once I got past that pain, I started to purchase more organic foods and paying careful attention to the ingredient list. I only eat uncured bacon and uncured ham, for example. That, together with the low-carb, high-fat and protein way of eating, I suddenly found myself feeling better than I've ever felt.

It was an incredibly odd experience flipping the food pyramid upside down. For our entire lives, we have been told that fat causes heart disease. It does not. The food industry was only too happy to create a mountain of low or no fat foods. Our brains use fat for fuel, so eating a low or no fat diet means you are literally starving your brain.

Your weight loss of 11lbs in a 30 day period is exactly how weight loss should occur. Slow and easy.

The high carb and sugar WOE is literally producing a nation of morbidly obese and severely diabetic people.

You will naturally lose weight, a byproduct of this way of eating. I sent you a friends request. You can add me as well.

I am not a doctor, nor do I pretend to be.