Check in

Replies

• cnavarro002
    cnavarro002 Posts: 235 Member
    @bigghunny I am always up for a challenge.
  • bmeadows380
    bmeadows380 Posts: 2,981 Member
    I'm not going to do a check in this week, mostly for vanity, I know. I'm up from the last weigh in, but I'm yoyoing on water right now, and TOM is right around the corner, so I'd rather wait to make an update.

I've actually been doing better this week. I've been right at or only slightly above calorie limit for 4 of the last 7 days, and 2 more days were still no more than 500 over (I'm shooting for 2 lbs/week, so have 1,000 calories off my projected maintenance level, which also gives me some room for forgiveness when I can't stop myself from going over a bit!) And I have been seeing the scale going down slowly but steadying this week.

What's bad is that I've got the munchies today! I catch myself eyeing my lunch and wanting to just eat. Even worse - there's stupid krispy kreme donuts in this place! I've restricted myself to 1, but even though they are 3 days old and stale, I'm having a horrible time staying away. (and this is a clue to me TOM is on his way......)
  • kwiris0328
    kwiris0328 Posts: 51 Member
    @tammyfranks2 you look amazing!!! Woohoo my friend! Great job!
  • tammyfranks2
    tammyfranks2 Posts: 290 Member
    kwiris0328 wrote: »
    @tammyfranks2 you look amazing!!! Woohoo my friend! Great job!

Thank You so Much!!!
  • bmeadows380
    I can see a big change - you look fantastic! Great going!
  • PloddingTurtle
    PloddingTurtle Posts: 283 Member
    @tammyfranks2.

Wonderful difference. Hon, the clothes in your after pic are hanging. You need more new clothes. :)
  • bigghunny
    bigghunny Posts: 549 Member
    @tammyfranks2 you look absolutely radiant. Great job on the weightloss and transformation :):)
  • tammyfranks2
    3 days in a row over 5000 steps .....also joined a gym planet fitness , walked 18 mins first day and today walked 25 mins . wow that is huge for me . I am in pain , but i am ok with it .
  • CheezWhiz88
    CheezWhiz88 Posts: 116 Member
    Nice to meet you @bullchifrench123 ! It is great to see everyone! I thought I was done with work trips for a bit but I threw myself on one last one and as mentioned before, I leave all technology at home when I’m gone. But I am taking off the rest of the year officially (I made a promise to my husband and everything). While I was gone, I realized he had been eating healthy and even gotten himself a personal trainer. He looked wonderful and needless to say, baby planning is back in our minds so my health is more important than ever. Hope everyone is doing well; I will catch myself up on your progress shortly!
  • CassieBinTC
    CassieBinTC Posts: 59 Member
    Hi Everyone.

I think I am back. It has been one heck of a year. But I am back at it. As of this morning according to my scale I am 317. Which is not too bad considering I have been in a major MVA and I am now Cancer free. Back on the horse.

I am so happy to see all the new faces and plan on doing my best to reach through everything.

How is everyone?
  • cnavarro002
    Welcome back @CassieBinTC !!! Yay for being cancer free! That's awesome! So glad you are doing well and are back!
  • tammyfranks2
    Just checking in , I am still here and still doing Keto and fasting , BUT big monkey wrench has been thrown in my direction , I have to have a DnC biopsy , and I have to have this mass on my leg removed . I might really have cancer . won't know for sure til the DnC test are done ....but they will not see me until after dec 18 , so here I am just waiting . I am not going off the rails eating junk , but I am not fasting well at all, plus I am worried and upset and just plain off mad , because if I have this in me I want it out ...be done with it .so I can lose more weight and get on with my life ...plus I am on new meds for cancer , but they don't know if I have cancer ???? but the meds make me want to eat , says right on the list of side affects , may cause you to gain weight LOL Thanks Docs ...but I am sitting right at 398 and I am maintaining that , have not gained weight so only good part so far . OK thank you for listening , Have a wonderful Thanksgiving !!!
  • cnavarro002
    @tammyfranks2 I am so sorry you are going through this! I can imagine how scary and frustrated you must be! Take it one day at a time my friend, or even better, one meal at a time. Be strong, and don't give into the food temptations. Remind yourself that if you do end up having to have surgery, the more weight you can lose (or maintain) now, will help you during recovery. Plan ahead and surround yourself with healthy eating options for those times when you do feel like eating everything in sight. Stay strong!
  • CheezWhiz88
    CheezWhiz88 Posts: 116 Member
    @tammyfranks2 : sorry to hear that. Keep your head up, you’ve got this!
  • tammyfranks2
    So I had the mass removed and I am still fighting it , have to have the wound drained once a week , it's been a month now , but getting much better ................ drum roll I do not have cancer . all the DnC stuff they took out was all benign . so Now I am just focusing on losing more weight and healing up . BUT the Obgyn said he thought not eating sugar and stopping smoking and stop drinking diet soda has a huge affect on cancer , so maybe I slowed it down or maybe even stopped it , I am living this way of life now , I eat keto and I IF (interment fasting) I eat on a 16/8 or 18/6 scale everyday and sometimes go 24 hours or more . BUT I enjoy my new lease on life !!! Thank You for all the good thoughts you all sent !!!
  • cnavarro002
    @tammyfranks2 that is amazing news! Good for you! I am also happy that you found what works for you! Keep going girl, you've got this!
  • bmeadows380
    congratulations tammy! That is such a relief!

So the last several weeks have not been kind to me at all, and I cannot get back into the swing of things for the life of me. This week, I started out with 3 days at 1,000 over my goal, or right at or slightly over maintenance, so I decided on Tuesday to just continue rolling with that for a week or two and turn it into a full-fledged diet break, which is highly suggested for those doing long term weight loss anyway, and I hadn't take a real one since November.

It has helped with the stress a little, because now when I see that read number at the bottom, my mind doesn't start into the major guilt trip since I have given myself permission to eat that much. And the good news about it? My weight was actually the lowest its been in 3 weeks today!

I may go ahead and carry the diet break through next weekend, or maybe just continue the entire month of April to get me through Easter, too. Perhaps with the spring weather coming along, taking a month at maintenance will help energize me along with the warmer weather to buckle down. I can imagine that just giving myself permission to coast at maintenance for a while, to take that diet break, can help with the stress levels, right?
  • tammyfranks2
    @bmeadows380 sometimes taking a break really works, a few days this week I just blew my diet and I actually lost 3 pounds , I am back at it now , but that was an eye opener , maybe once in a while we need that cheat day or week to jump start our bodies back into to losing mode . Good Luck for the rest of this month and enjoy it . Then back at it come May .
  • tammyfranks2
    OH and Thank you Both !! @bmeadows380 , @cnavarro002 !!!!