See (but not edit) the
    spreadsheet here:

http://tinyurl.com/myac201402
    =============================

Dave
  • kar328
    kar328 Posts: 4,149 Member
    Options
    Adding a 3.3 mile run this morning. It was gorgeous out.

exercise.png

• JTH11706
    JTH11706 Posts: 2,918 Member
    edited October 2018
    Options
    @clepant - great news about the hearing aids. Speaking of hearing and eyesight, I went into the city today to have my eyes checked. I have a family history of glaucoma but fortunately everything was perfect. And I got in 5 miles of walking around. Win win! 5/75.

Regarding the guy from the Paris marathon, it's not that crazy that we recognized each other. It's not like we just said hello and then recognized each other 6 months later. It took us more than an hour to do those last 5 miles and we were chatting the whole way. @belle_74 I hope you had a better time running Paris than I did! I don't remember the stairs into the Paris metro but boy do I remember them going down into the New York subway after the NYC marathon! The New York Times made a video of people going down the subway steps after the NYC marathon and it is hilarious.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JL0TxvKRmaU
  • joannedrummond5
    joannedrummond5 Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    October 1 - 10 km
    October 2 - 10 km
    October 3 - 10 km

Total distance 30 km - goal 140 km.

• vhuber
    vhuber Posts: 8,779 Member
    Options
    @Clepant - It's amazing how much the right hearing aids can help. They filter noise rather than just amplify it. :smile:

@vhuber - I'm wearing HiViz yellow and people still don't see me. There was a rancher not too far from you that was painting "Horse", "Cow", and "Pig" on his livestock in big white letters. I think it happened after the guy from California shot the llama and put a deer tag on it. :wink:
    Serious??? I never heard anything about that! But really there are some people who have NO business out hunting.

• vhuber
    edited October 2018
    Options
    Just_Ceci wrote: »
    Short ride yesterday before a way too early sunset. Adding 10.08 miles.

exercise.png

My son left Arkansas in like 70* today & arrived over here to 32* with light snow coming down. He did have a long sleeve shirt on! LOL
  • vhuber
    Options
    clp212 wrote: »
    10/1 - 1.32 miles
    10/2 - 4.86 miles

6.18 / 75

dqTim5.png

Good job! You're moving it!
  • vhuber
    Options
    cpanus wrote: »
    10/01 - 1.23 miles
    10/02 - 5.72 miles

exercise.png

We had sprinkles of rain this morning in northern California.

Chris

That's good for California! We had rain first then it turned into a wet snow!!! All melted by 1pm.
  • vhuber
    Options
    Still not feeling up to par but after getting the bathroom scrubbed down I did get it painted today! Not done though cuz I'm painting the cupboards & drawer fronts too. I rode 20.5 miles on the ex bike this evening but with being sick & the miles my legs were like rubber walking up the stairs! Tomorrow my new sofa & loveseat arrive!

exercise.png

• anaconda469
    anaconda469 Posts: 3,461 Member
    Options
    Goal: 300.0 miles

10/01 - 01.0 miles rest day walk
    10/02 - 23.0 miles turbo trainer
    10/03 - 23.0 miles turbo trainer

Total: 47.0 miles

exercise.png
  • clepant
    clepant Posts: 3,355 Member
    Options
    @Vhuber: Pace yourself.....you don’t want to make things worse and take twice as long to feel better.
    @aJanet: Amazing what people will do for each other in races. I remember feeling totally out of it during my last mile of my Erie Half. It was brutal and runners were near the finish running with people. A guy must have known I looked bad and he ran with me and encouraged me to the finish line. I asked my hubby if it was 3 pm and he said no it was at 10 am. A girl dropped her glove at the start of a 10 mile race and I had to push out of my pace to catch her. She said that she had just bought them and hoped that it did not hurt my run. I told her that I had been trying to catch her for a half mile.

Well today was the last day in our Master Gardeners Demo Garden at the county park near me. Saturday we tear it all out and put it to bed except for planting garlic in a couple weeks. I am happy for a break.
    Oct. 3: Adding 16.5 for yesterday and today. I got 10 on my bike yesterday and walked my pup for 2.5 and hiked the other 4 miles.
    TTD: 26.5 miles

exercise.png

• sufferlandrian
    sufferlandrian Posts: 8,201 Member
    Options
    Adding 9 miles for 9 out of 250. Yeah! I'm on the board. :smile:

Adding 30 miles for 39 out of 250.

Adding 7 miles for 46 out of 250.
  • belle_74
    belle_74 Posts: 932 Member
    Options
    ... off to a good start!

exercise.png

• clp212
    clp212 Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    @vhuber - Thank you! I am trying. I'm not sure that I am not coming down with something. I just feel yucky. Really tired so I'm having trouble making myself get up in the mornings for my walk. Going to try to keep moving!

10/1 - 1.32 miles
    10/2 - 4.86 miles
    10/3 - 1.39 miles

7.57 / 75

wVW2m5.png
  • darkrider42
    darkrider42 Posts: 5,316 Member
    edited October 2018
    Options
    SPREADSHEET UPDATED TO HERE

See (but not edit) the
    spreadsheet here:

http://tinyurl.com/myac201402

@JANET - Now that was a a funny video! I sure do feel for them though! I've never run a marathon, but shorter races have done the same thing to me. :smiley:
  • JTH11706
    JTH11706 Posts: 2,918 Member
    Options
    A 2 mile walk today puts me at 7/75. Tomorrow is my long run (if I can get it together).
  • Lovemyalex
    Lovemyalex Posts: 3,806 Member
    Options
    10/03
    3.5 miles
    10/04
    29.51 miles
    83.83 miles MTD
  • clepant
    clepant Posts: 3,355 Member
    edited October 2018
    Options
    Oct. 4: Adding 7.5 today. Walking 2 and riding 5.5 miles
    TTD: 34 miles

exercise.png

@Janet : That video is too funny. We have a small subway called the T in Pittsburgh. I always park on the north shore and ride it to my start and back to the car.I am going down the stairs very carefully.
    At work, I am on the first floor but a third grade teacher who runs the marathon is struggling on the stairs. Each year I would walk to the bottom of his stairs to meet his kids on Monday and walk them back so he could save a trip on the stairs. I always forget the stairs agony. I live in a cape cod with very steep stairs and I am one foot down and bringing the next sideways so as not to wipe out. Thanks for sharing.
  • vhuber
    edited October 2018
    Options
    My husbands knees have gotten so bad this past 8 months & that is how he walks most of the time. Hopefully he can do surgery the first of the year. He used to be doing something ALL the time & would make people nervous just being around him & now he spends more time in the house in his easy chair. I get a little irritated sometimes but I also know he hurts real bad.
    After getting our new sofa, loveseat & coffee table I went into town for a back adjustment (needed to go after falling from apple tree), paint supplies & groceries. It wiped me out & had to take a nap after getting home. My husband asked if I was going to go on an antibiotic & I said I wanna build my immunity & beat this crud naturally. I did ride my ex bike this evening 13 miles. Not going outside. It is cold. We were in the 20's this morning. I have flowers & the end of garden covered but I think they are gone after these past nights being in the 20's.

exercise.png
  • Just_Ceci
    Just_Ceci Posts: 5,926 Member
    Options
    vhuber wrote: »
    Just_Ceci wrote: »
    Short ride yesterday before a way too early sunset. Adding 10.08 miles.

exercise.png

My son left Arkansas in like 70* today & arrived over here to 32* with light snow coming down. He did have a long sleeve shirt on! LOL

The cold front didn't quite make it here. We will be in the 80's through next week.
This discussion has been closed.