October Monthly Challenge

Options

Replies

• emmdawg1996
    emmdawg1996 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Wow what an awesome group!! How do i get started and join in on this monthly challenge?
  • cbishop7777
    cbishop7777 Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    It's been difficult to keep up with logging for the past 2 weeks and loss had slowed. (Actually stopped) I'm traveling this week so it won't get any better till I get home. Hope to get back on track next week.

Monday 10/1: 153
    Sunday 10/07:
    Sunday 10/14:
    Sunday 10/21:
    Sunday 10/28:
    Wednesday 10/31:
  • eggfooyamyam
    eggfooyamyam Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    Wow what an awesome group!! How do i get started and join in on this monthly challenge?

Just join in. We all weigh-in (generally) on Sundays.
    You can copy and paste the following weigh-in dates.

Sunday 10/07:
    Sunday 10/14:
    Sunday 10/21:
    Sunday 10/28:
  • tjbliven
    tjbliven Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I'm in! I started keto August 5 and have lost 21 pounds. I've been stuck at the same weight this week so hoping to move past it. I'm not sure where to find your spreadsheet so I just posted my info here.

Started Keto: Aug 5
    Starting Weight: 169.0
    10/01: 148.6
    Goal Weight: 140

Sunday 10/07
    Sunday 10/14
    Sunday 10/21
    Sunday 10/28
  • stormywxs288
    stormywxs288 Posts: 795 Member
    Options
    @KristinLeeD said: I know how important it is for me to be on track before the holidays hit full-swing, so I'm ready!

KLD thanks for the warning. The holidays are the most difficult time for me. Last year I ballooned up to 210 pounds and was very sick (currently 174). I was prediabetic, had bad joints, no energy, depressed and in a downward spiral. Then I heard about this crazy idea of eating high fat, moderate protein and low carbs. I tinkered around with keto over the holidays but didn’t fully commit until New Years. Keto pulled me out of my downward spiral!

This will be my first holiday season fully armed with keto. I’m totally with you KLD! Tracking is key. I’m starting today and keeping my good tracking habit through the holidays. I’m going to celebrate the holidays in a new way this year. Healthy, happy and habitual about tracking! I <3 keto.

• KristinLeeD
    KristinLeeD Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    I hear you @stormywxs288 . I was absolutely miserable last holiday season. Every year we take a family photo (for our Christmas cards) and a photo with just my husband and I. My husband keeps a wallet size copy of each of these pictures in his truck all year. Every time I get in his truck and see the picture of me I cringe remembering how horrible I felt. I can't wait to redo those pictures this year!
  • db19732018
    db19732018 Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    Going to Austin for a music festival this weekend. I'm going to still log in, and I'll stick to healthy eating and drinking if I can find it. Luckily there's a lot of options there.
  • stapi489
    stapi489 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hello All, new to Keto and have been on for the past 2 weeks.
    Staring weight - 217 on 9/30
    Sunday 10/07:
    Sunday 10/14:
    Sunday 10/21:
    Sunday 10/28:
  • d_dc_lady
    d_dc_lady Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    @KristinLeeD I'm right there with you! Back in the saddle. I know what I need to do to feel better and have movement on the scale :) I'm glad my keto friends have stuck around while I've been away.
  • Meljoy2018
    Meljoy2018 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Hi All Started Keto this week and so glad I found this group. My first weekend and just extremely anxious about it
    Starting weight : 112.5kg
    Sunday 10/07:
    Sunday 10/14:
    Sunday 10/21:
    Sunday 10/28:
  • jessicagrey27
    jessicagrey27 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Hey everyone! Just found this keto group! I’m on day 5 of keto and lost 4 lbs so far! I’m also intermittent fasting 16:8 :) I’m a 28 year old, single mom of 3 with a goal of 50 pounds to lose (46 now!) Please add me!
  • jaclynsmills25
    jaclynsmills25 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Hi all! My name is Jackie and I literally just started Keto today lol For the past few months I have been eating healthy, Whole Foods containing real ingredients. I still have slip ups and have even gained more weight. I’m the heaviest I have ever been in my life. I decided to give the Keto diet a try since I have heard all the raves about it and I am tired of slipping up on my diets. Any advice would be great! I have been looking up recipes and bought a book as well. I will love to weigh in with the group every Sunday. Since it’s only Friday I will state my current weight. I just got back from a Dr.’s appointment and was shocked at what the scale said...144 pounds! My goal is to lose 10 pounds to start with. Thanks and I look forward to losing weight with you all!
  • GrandmaJackie
    GrandmaJackie Posts: 35,877 Member
    Options

Sunday 10/07:
    Sunday 10/14:
    Sunday 10/21:
    Sunday 10/28:
  • Freischuetz
    Freischuetz Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    i reached my GW of 182 already. now i just have to reduce BF :#

10/06: 182.1 at 11.2%
  • Bear479
    Bear479 Posts: 58 Member
    Options

Hi all I also just started doing keto and could use the accountability. Normally I weigh on sat for my fat2fit challenge so this will keep me accountable all weekend.

Sunday 10/07:
    Sunday 10/14:
    Sunday 10/21:
    Sunday 10/28:
  • GrandmaJackie
    GrandmaJackie Posts: 35,877 Member
    edited October 2018
    Options

Sunday 10/07: 141.1
    Sunday 10/14:
    Sunday 10/21:
    Sunday 10/28:

I’m going to start inputting my weighs Saturday morning, I hope that’s okay, :) Once the speadshet is updated, I’ll transfer my weight to it.
    @Dundreggen, thanks a million for organizing this, :smiley:

• Bear479
    Bear479 Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    Sunday 10/07: 185.2
    Sunday 10/14:
    Sunday 10/21:
    Sunday 10/28:
  • d_dc_lady
    d_dc_lady Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    Last weigh-in Wednesday 10/3: 165.8

Sunday 10/07: 162.2 (-3.6)
    Sunday 10/14:
    Sunday 10/21:
    Sunday 10/28:

Back at it! Got my "whoosh" in just the first 3 days. Feeling and sleeping much better already. :)