Suzie's "Love Good Fat" Bars

Options
Just noticed these today. Bit pricey but may be worth giving them a try.

https://www.lovegoodfats.ca/

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nb4V27oMj68

Replies

• canadjineh
    canadjineh Posts: 5,396 Member
    edited October 2018
    Options
    They are yummy. They are Canadian.... pretty popular in the health food stores here. I can't afford them all that often, mainly for a treat.
  • PaulChasinDreams
    PaulChasinDreams Posts: 439 Member
    Options
    canadjineh wrote: »
    They are yummy. They are Canadian.... pretty popular in the health food stores here. I can't afford them all that often, mainly for a treat.

My wife brought a couple of them home today. The coconut/chocolate and the chocolate/almond. They are quite small but pack a lot of good fat and protein in. I tried the coconut/chocolate one today and it was pretty good. Not sweet at all which I don't like a lot of sweeteners anyway so that's good and the texture was pretty good too. Bit on the dry side and I also like that too. I don't like chewy bars so I quite liked it. I noticed a bit of an energy spike after eating it too so that may have been related to it but still gonna take awhile for my metabolism to get back into the fat burning swing of things again.
  • youngmomtaz
    youngmomtaz Posts: 1,075 Member
    Options
    Everyone says they are expensive. I say that I pay about $2.79 Canadian each for them(plus tax) and thought that was good. Hard to find a protein bar for under $3 that is low carb, hard to find anything in Canada for as cheap as I see it when we travel south. I like them. I keep them in my purse for a quick bite when there is nothing else available to me.
  • PaulChasinDreams
    PaulChasinDreams Posts: 439 Member
    Options
    Everyone says they are expensive. I say that I pay about $2.79 Canadian each for them(plus tax) and thought that was good. Hard to find a protein bar for under $3 that is low carb, hard to find anything in Canada for as cheap as I see it when we travel south. I like them. I keep them in my purse for a quick bite when there is nothing else available to me.

True pretty much all protein/energy/etc bars are pricey. My wife said she paid $2.29 each today at Thrifty's in Canada. And I saw on the Walmart Canadian website they have them on for $9.97 for a box of 4
  • canadjineh
    edited October 2018
    Options
    Our Walmart doesn't carry them and they are close to $4 in the health food store. I can get Simply protein bars at the prices you are talking about, but definitely NOT the Good Fats bars for the good prices you guys mention. :'(
  • youngmomtaz
    Options
    Try well.ca to order. About the same.
  • rkmeyer41
    rkmeyer41 Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    Grenade Carb Killa Protein Bar Variety Pack, Delicious Low Carb, High Protein Bar 2.12oz - 5 Flavors (Pack of 12)

I ordered these from Amazon. About $2.59 ea and 23 g of protein. Not to sweet and I use them as a meal replacement. Thank you to a MFP friend who said he was addicted to them:)
  • youngmomtaz
    Options
    rkmeyer41 wrote: »
    Grenade Carb Killa Protein Bar Variety Pack, Delicious Low Carb, High Protein Bar 2.12oz - 5 Flavors (Pack of 12)

I ordered these from Amazon. About $2.59 ea and 23 g of protein. Not to sweet and I use them as a meal replacement. Thank you to a MFP friend who said he was addicted to them:)

Love those!! But have never found them for under $3.75/bar Canadian.
  • canadjineh
    Options
    Aha, my local Walmart HAS decided to carry them at a more decent price.... but I still can't beat the 77cents a bar for the Simply protein bars at Bulk Barn this week. They are still low carb and high protein Although not high in fats.
  • Phoenix_Dawn
    Phoenix_Dawn Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    I love the suzies goodfats bars. They sell them in superstore for 3 dollars and I got a ton of them when they had a sale for 1 dollar off per bar (limit 4) I was the jerk who went through the self checkout for 10 transactions. Anyways.... they taste great but they seem to suck the saliva right out of your mouth! Must be eaten with water lol!
  • nvmomketo
    nvmomketo Posts: 12,019 Member
    Options
    I love the suzies goodfats bars. They sell them in superstore for 3 dollars and I got a ton of them when they had a sale for 1 dollar off per bar (limit 4) I was the jerk who went through the self checkout for 10 transactions. Anyways.... they taste great but they seem to suck the saliva right out of your mouth! Must be eaten with water lol!

Funny! Are they really salty? Or just really dry?
  • youngmomtaz
    Options
    The are dry and crumbly, not really sure about the salt content. They don’t taste salty. But the crumbly texture turns some people off. I hate how some protein bars stick in my teeth though and love the texture of these high fat bars so ymmv.
  • AbbieOffman
    AbbieOffman Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    Dry, crumbly and tasteless. I was super underwhelmed for my 2.99.