How much do you drink, get up 5times to pee at night

Options
fatsork
fatsork Posts: 82 Member
Hi guys so i know you pee a lot during keto, but lately i get up about 5 times is that normal? In the beginning it was a lot too then it calmed down to about once or twice a night now its gone backwards. I do t drink specific amounts just enough to be hydrated and have pale pee i stop drinking around 8. Help

Replies

• 2t9nty
    2t9nty Posts: 1,578 Member
    Options
    Getting up at night to pee has been problematic for me. For a while I thought it was vivid dreams that were waking me and then once I was awake I was aware that I needed to go pee. My current theory is that I just need to go every 2 hours, and the dreams have nothing to do with it. I have tried not drinking much of anything after supper, and when I talked to my doctor about this, he said I was basically dehydrating myself. He seemed to think I might not be emptying my bladder completely, and he gave me a med which did not seem to have any impact.
  • fatsork
    Options
    2t9nty wrote: »
    Getting up at night to pee has been problematic for me. For a while I thought it was vivid dreams that were waking me and then once I was awake I was aware that I needed to go pee. My current theory is that I just need to go every 2 hours, and the dreams have nothing to do with it. I have tried not drinking much of anything after supper, and when I talked to my doctor about this, he said I was basically dehydrating myself. He seemed to think I might not be emptying my bladder completely, and he gave me a med which did not seem to have any impact.

Sounds very similar to my situation but how can you be dehydrated if youv gydrated throughout the day? Hope we get more insight from fellow ketoers. In regards to emptying bladder properly i know this isnt the case for me...
  • teresamwhite
    teresamwhite Posts: 947 Member
    Options
    I drink about a gallon of water and other beverages combined per day, starting around 6AM, and ending around 6PM...I use the restroom before bed, around 930PM, and I am good to go until my alarm goes off the next morning. I haven't noticed an increased need to go since I have been on keto.
  • fdhunt1
    fdhunt1 Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    I think it's a guy thing and older age related. Welcome to getting older fellas!
  • fatsork
    Options
    I drink about a gallon of water and other beverages combined per day, starting around 6AM, and ending around 6PM...I use the restroom before bed, around 930PM, and I am good to go until my alarm goes off the next morning. I haven't noticed an increased need to go since I have been on keto.

Lucky you
    I’m thinking i may stop drinking at 6 try that
    fdhunt1 wrote: »
    I think it's a guy thing and older age related. Welcome to getting older fellas!

Im a lady
  • ccrdragon
    ccrdragon Posts: 3,365 Member
    Options
    I was going to say it's not a guy thing - my wife rarely makes it thru the night w/o having to pee once or twice.
  • Everyonelies
    Everyonelies Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    I have noticed this too...at first I wasn't getting up, the last few days I have to get up at least once...and i feel like I a drinking less water now...
  • fatsork
    Options
    I have noticed this too...at first I wasn't getting up, the last few days I have to get up at least once...and i feel like I a drinking less water now...

I wouldnt recommend less water i mean for me i dont have a specific amount i just stay hydrated, once sounds like a dream!
  • Everyonelies
    Everyonelies Posts: 225 Member
    edited October 2018
    Options
    fatsork wrote: »

I wouldnt recommend less water i mean for me i dont have a specific amount i just stay hydrated, once sounds like a dream!

I am only drinking it based on my thirst...so not purposely drinking less...and not forcing myself to drink more either...
  • 2t9nty
    2t9nty Posts: 1,578 Member
    Options
    fdhunt1 wrote: »

I am guilty as charged -> guy who is getting older...
  • nvmomketo
    nvmomketo Posts: 12,019 Member
    Options
    I find I get up to pee more when I am waking more at night. If I am having pain, or went off my eating plan, or something, it will wake me up and then I need to use the bathroom. If I don't wake up, I can make it through most of the night.
  • fatsork
    Options
    nvmomketo wrote: »
    I find I get up to pee more when I am waking more at night. If I am having pain, or went off my eating plan, or something, it will wake me up and then I need to use the bathroom. If I don't wake up, I can make it through most of the night.

Do you stop drinking fluids at a certain point?

• sparksgirl1
    sparksgirl1 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I am new to Keto and this group it’s been four days of tracking and learning but immediately I noticed that I was peeing way more than usual. I thought it was my liver detoxing or water weight at this early stage I only have slight ketones and am not fully into Ketosis.
  • fatsork
    Options
    I am new to Keto and this group it’s been four days of tracking and learning but immediately I noticed that I was peeing way more than usual. I thought it was my liver detoxing or water weight at this early stage I only have slight ketones and am not fully into Ketosis.

At the start i had this too i think thats normal
  • ccrdragon
    ccrdragon Posts: 3,365 Member
    Options

This is normal - you will drop a lot of water as you use up the glycogen stored in your muscles and liver. Be sure to increase salt during this period to avoid the 'keto flu'.
  • nvmomketo
    nvmomketo Posts: 12,019 Member
    Options
    fatsork wrote: »
    nvmomketo wrote: »

Do you stop drinking fluids at a certain point?

Only when camping and getting up to the bathroom at night means adding layers and a 2 minute walk. ;)

I do notice that I am more likely to get up to pee if I drink a lot at night, but a few cups after dinner is usually fine.