Leslie Sansone November 2018 Walk Challenge

Options
texasgardnr
texasgardnr Posts: 2,660 Member
edited November 2018 in Social Groups
The November Walk Challenge starts.... now, so this is the time to be thinking about our new individual monthly challenge goals!

Having Leslie's, or other walking DVDs, to pop in the player can be a great addition to walking outdoors in the crisp cool days of November. For those who are enjoying the wonderful cooler weather, walking or hiking outdoors might well continue to be a pleasant alternative to the DVDs. For those walkers who live where there is more rain, or perhaps snow, the DVDs are a tremendous help when it is impossible to get outside for a walk.

This group is open to any and all walkers. The majority of us use Leslie Sansone Walk At Home DVD workouts, as well as those great walks or hikes outside on the trails or pathways that are available to us, or a walk in our neighborhood, and on the treadmill, as well as other Walking DVDs by various instructors. All of these many options count toward our miles, steps or minutes. However you get your walk in, or however you like to keep track of it come on in and join us! Post your miles, minutes, or steps that you have walked, however you did it... it is all good! In fact it is much more than 'good', it is quite awesome and wonderful o:) .

We are a happy, supportive group, and I promise that joining this walk challenge will motivate, challenge, as well as inspire you!

Set your personal goal for how many miles, minutes, or steps that you want to walk, indoors or out, this month. This is your own personal goal :star:. Post your results daily, weekly, or whenever you like. It is such an encouragement to read each others' posts.

If you find this challenge somewhere in the middle of the month, or even near the end, it doesn't matter which day of the month that you join in. Just set your goals to reflect what you want to walk for the remaining days in the month. You are always welcome :) !
So, if you are new to the group please feel free to start today so that by the end of the month you will be that much closer to your health goals. It is never too late to join in

Tie up those walking shoes and get some water, and let's start walking :smile: !

It is always fun to read which DVD, whether Leslie or another instructor, that you used. Or whatever form your walk took, whether outdoors or on the treadmill or anything in between. We all could use some new inspiration sometimes, or inquiring minds sometimes just want to know . So please share if you would want to :p .

Come on in, and let's start walking the Monthly Walk Challenge together. I know that I always write this each month, however, I am truly grateful for each one of our precious walkers who continue to inspire and motivate mile by mile, and step by step, each month. Especially during months when I'm pretty much absent for any number of reasons.

I know that we are all excited to see our long time faithful walking friends o:) join us for yet another amazing month together, and we are awaiting the opportunity to welcome newcomers to this month's Walk Challenge!

So... lace up those walking shoes and get some water... and maybe a heavier jacket, as we begin to walk outside, or indoors, into November 2018!

Let us walk with thankful hearts <3 .

texasgardnr :flowerforyou:

Replies

• eatsleepmove
    eatsleepmove Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I'm going to jump in and join all of you this month. I really appreciate all the regular posters who have kept these monthly challenges going all these years.

Here's to everyone having a healthy, active, and awesome November!
  • Deeder522
    Deeder522 Posts: 1,035 Member
    edited November 2018
    Options
    I fell off the walking wagon sometime mid-October when the grey skies blew in. October I came in with 99.88 miles tracked. With that, I'm shooting for an even 100 miles in November.
    Apple Watch Goal: Reach my daily exercise goal 7 times this month.
  • PinkyPan1
    PinkyPan1 Posts: 3,018 Member
    Options
    I'm in for 100 miles. Let's up for some decent fall weather and that I can continue rack up miles while golfing. We have had nothing but rain for the past 2 days and more tomorrow. UGH!

3/100

2 Mile Walk This Way
    1 Mile at Home Brisk Walk

• texasgardnr
    Options
    Happy to see you jumping in this month, @eatsleepmove!

@Deeder522, great mileage as well as Apple Watch goal for November!

@PinkyPan1, I also hope for some wonderful fall golfing weather for you B) .

My goal is to do a workout/walk/or an activity that requires extra walking or exertion like yard work, however I do it, 5 days a week.

November 1st: 4 miles, 4 Mile Power Walk

Walk strong,

• eatsleepmove
    Options
    Goal for November: 25 miles.

Nadyia's Classic Mile

1/25
  • PinkyPan1
    Options
    9.62/100

6.62 miles golfing this morning,
  • texasgardnr
    Options
    @PinkyPan1, looks like the rain held off for you to golf today! Well done :)

November 1: 4 miles, 4 Mile Power Walk
    November 2: 4 miles, 4 Mile Super Challenge plus 1 Walk Blaster for extra stretching

Have a fun weekend y'all
  • VeggieGirlforLife
    VeggieGirlforLife Posts: 777 Member
    Options
    Hello Walker Friends, old and new! :smile: I'm backing up my mileage this month due to my added goal of daily resistance or strength training. So I'm in for 130 miles this month.

Nov 1: 3 Fast & Fun Miles
    Nov 2: 6 Miles ~ 3 Mile Walk AM + 3 Mile Walk PM

9 of 130 miles

I'm loving this cool weather and gorgeous fall colors! Inspires me to get moving to warm up! :lol:
  • PinkyPan1
    Options
    14.28/100

4.66 miles golfing today
  • texasgardnr
    Options
    @VeggieGirlforLife, adding additional resistance & strength training to your routine is fabulous! You are doing great!!

November 2: 4 miles, 4 Mile Super Challenge, plus 1 Walk Blaster for extra stretching
    November 3: 5 Mix & Match Walk Blasters

Walk Happy
  • texasgardnr
    Options
    @VeggieGirlforLife, adding additional resistance or strength training to your daily exercise routines is fabulous!

November 2: 4 miles, 4 Mile Super Challenge plus 1 Walk Blaster for extra stretching

Walk Happy :smiley:

• eatsleepmove
    Options
    Wake Up & Walk--1 Mile

2/25
  • PinkyPan1
    Options
    21.11/100

6.83 miles golfing
  • texasgardnr
    Options

November 4: Out in the garden B)
    November 5: 5 Mix & Match Walk Blasters, Gazelle & rebounder, garden

Have a blessed day,
  • AnnofB
    AnnofB Posts: 3,588 Member
    Options
    Goal for November: 5 days of at least 30 minutes of activity.

11/1.... 41 minutes of the 5 Day Slim Down
    11/2 .... Rest day
    11/3 .... 21 minutes of one mile walk and 39 minutes of a weighted workout
    11/4 .... 60 minutes of yard work = moving biggggg rocks.... ouch my back!
    11/5 .... 45 minutes of 5 Mix and Match Miles by Jessica Smith

WALK Strong!
  • Deeder522
    Deeder522 Posts: 1,035 Member
    Options
    Nov. 1-4: 8.08 Miles tracked.

My miles will be a bit off this week as my Apple watch is on my husband during the night. I get up a few hours before him and that when I do my errands and walks. I hope to make up my "missing" milage next week.
  • AnnofB
    Options

11/2 .... Rest day
    11/6 .... 32 minutes of a strength workout and a 19 minute walk with Leslie

WALK Strong Everybody!
  • PinkyPan1
    Options
    30.31/100

9.20 miles golfing this morning.
  • texasgardnr
    Options
    @eatsleepmove, you definitely woke up and walked another mile. Well done!

@AnnofB, you are working out and walking very strong. Excellent!

@Deeder522, I'm certain that you will more than make up your "missing" mileage very soon!

@PinkyPan1, Wow! that is mega golfing mileage!! Awesome.

November 4: Out in the garden B)
    November 5: 5 Mix & Match Walk Blasters, Gazelle & rebounder, 90 minutes in the garden
    November 6: Walk Strong (express series) strength, 3 miles of Super Challenge (express series), 2 Walk Blasters

Walk, walk, walk....
  • AnnofB
    Options

11/2 .... Rest day
    11/6 .... 32 minutes of a strength workout and a 19 minute walk with Leslie
    11/7 .... 32 minutes of 5 Boosted Miles
    Week one, Done!

WALK Strong Everybody!