TEAM: The Big Butt Theory (November)

Options

Replies

• ddeliciosa
    ddeliciosa Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    My original starting weight was 165.4, and I am currently weighing in at 160.2. I am glad to have kept off the original 5 lbs that I lost, but my next goal is to get to 155 lbs (overall goal is 135lbs).

You're my stats twin, Mikayla! Right now I'm around 161 and hoping to get down to the 130s. Here's to 155, we can do it B)
  • bizgirl26
    bizgirl26 Posts: 1,808 Member
    Options
    Saturday mini challenge
    Y to logging calories and exercise 😊
  • HASWLRS
    HASWLRS Posts: 7,997 Member
    Options
    bizgirl26 wrote: »
    Saturday mini challenge
    Y to logging calories and exercise 😊

Yes!! Back on track!!
  • Nicoletime4me
    Nicoletime4me Posts: 531 Member
    Options
    November 3
    Tracking -yes
    Calories- yes
    Exercise- yes
  • RinsenRepeat
    RinsenRepeat Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    Username: RinsenRepeat
    Weigh in week: week 1
    Weigh in day: Sat
    Previous Week's weight: 80.5
    Todays Weight: 78.9

Mini Challenge:
    Tracking - no
    Calories- no
    Exercise- no

couldnt keep up with hectic week.
  • ENRiyard
    ENRiyard Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    Hi Everyone! My name is Kat, age 27. Healthy eating and excercise are passion to of mine.Looking to loose around 2kg/4.4lbs this month. I have done a body composition test and my total target at the moment is to loose 4-5kg/11lbs - mostly body fat and keep musle mass. October was very slow month as I was very sick for couple weeks with chest infection. Still taking it easy with excercise, because I'm easily out of breath. But I'm tracking all my food. Wish luck to everyone in this challenge and I'm sure we will do great!

P. S @HASWLRS I'm changing my Weight in day to Fridays.
  • ddeliciosa
    ddeliciosa Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    Username: ddeliciosa
    Weigh in week: Week 1
    Weigh in day: Sunday
    Previous Week's weight: 161.3
    Todays Weight: 157.6

What went well this week: Stayed within my goal of 1200 calories. I do have my fitbit synced up to MFP though, so I do eat back those adjustments!
    What to improve for next week: I started C25K on Monday, then got some super cold on Wednesday and didn't do it for the rest of the week. I also didn't eat hardly anything Wednesday, so I feel like I might've lost a little extra due to that.
  • khadl07
    khadl07 Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone. My name is Kari. I'm 29 years old and live in Kansas City! I've always struggled with being overweight. I am an emotional eater and it's hard to overcome. In December 2017 I was the heaviest at 326. I am currently down to 300! Not a lot of weight loss but it's better than last year!! My goal weight is 200lbs. I am excited to restart this journey. I'm on the Slim for Life program so chicken and veggies mostly.
  • HASWLRS
    Options
    Username: RinsenRepeat
    Weigh in week: week 1
    Weigh in day: Sat
    Previous Week's weight: 80.5
    Todays Weight: 78.9

Mini Challenge:
    Tracking - no
    Calories- no
    Exercise- no

couldnt keep up with hectic week.

The good news, Marion, is that you lost a little weight!! The really good news is that, because your weigh-in day is Saturday, you have a whole week before you have to officially weigh-in. (The Challenge runs Sunday to Saturday). Your first official weigh-in day is Saturday the 10th!! Just think how much more you can lose in a week!!

The Mini Challenge also runs Sunday to Saturday, so today, Sunday the 4th, is the first day of the Mini Challenge!!
  • HASWLRS
    Options
    khadl07 wrote: »
    Hi everyone. My name is Kari. I'm 29 years old and live in Kansas City! I've always struggled with being overweight. I am an emotional eater and it's hard to overcome. In December 2017 I was the heaviest at 326. I am currently down to 300! Not a lot of weight loss but it's better than last year!! My goal weight is 200lbs. I am excited to restart this journey. I'm on the Slim for Life program so chicken and veggies mostly.

Welcome, Kari!! Slower is definitely better than not losing at all!! Congratulations on losing your first 26 pounds!! We will be here to celebrate with you when you get rid of that first "3" ......forever!!!
  • HASWLRS
    Options
    ddeliciosa wrote: »
    Username: ddeliciosa
    Weigh in week: Week 1
    Weigh in day: Sunday
    Previous Week's weight: 161.3
    Todays Weight: 157.6

What went well this week: Stayed within my goal of 1200 calories. I do have my fitbit synced up to MFP though, so I do eat back those adjustments!
    What to improve for next week: I started C25K on Monday, then got some super cold on Wednesday and didn't do it for the rest of the week. I also didn't eat hardly anything Wednesday, so I feel like I might've lost a little extra due to that.

Well done, Danielle!! A fantastic loss for you, and a great start to the November Challenge for team The Big Butt Theory!! Don't beat yourself up for coming down with a cold last week. When you are feeling well enough, you will start up your C25K again! It is important to rest when illness dictates. You wouldn't want to injure yourself!!
  • HASWLRS
    Options
    We have a lot of new members on our team this month, so I think I might post weigh-in reminders for this first week, until we all get the hang of it.

Sunday weigh-ins:

@Akrunr49 and @Cissy92
  • murdog3t
    murdog3t Posts: 2,033 Member
    Options
    November 3

Tracking: yes
    Calories: yes
    Exercise: yes
    60 min yoga & meditation
    Steps: 4916
    Water: 96oz
    Happy Sunday
    If we could turn back time lol
  • rawrxamberx
    rawrxamberx Posts: 646 Member
    Options
    Hey there! My name is amber & im 27 years old. I am an emotional eater and I just became my heaviest I’ve ever been and I feel so ashamed and disgusted. I’m currently 312.2 & now is the time to change. I’m hoping this challenge will keep me accountable and motivate me to lose !!

Back in 2012 , I started my weight loss journey the first time and within almost 2 years I lost 80 pounds. I was so proud of myself and I accomplished so much! In 2014, I lost my dad and within the 4 years I gained all my weight back and then some. I basically gave up and stopped tracking. My depression became really bad after my dad passed and once again I found comfort in food. Since then I struggled to find the spark I had in 2012-2013. Now that I see my heaviest , I’m hoping that will wake me up enough to put forward the effort to lose!
  • T34S3l
    T34S3l Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    Started logging on the 1st
    1/11/18
    CD = 751
    Ex = Walking – no BWE, fell asleep
    Day = Stressful day and I managed it on salad! Went into a bakery to buy for the boss and didn’t get anything for myself! Sabrina & hubby time tonight <3

2/11/18
    CD= 624
    Ex = Walking & BWE
    Day = Nice walk in the park otw to uni while eating breakfast. Resisted croissants and cake in café and did the shopping hungry so I bought roast chicken slices in the supermarket and had that with sweet chilli rice crackers (my new fave!). Had 2 Nairns chocolate cookies when I got home and held out until dinner. Lovely dinner of Indian takeaway – massive total calories but still have a deficit due to ex! 😊

3/11/18 (Saturday)
    CD= 109
    Ex = Short walk and BWE (Watch dead)
    Day = Had a lie in this morning, ate lovely food (just really low calorie) felt snacky at lunch so picked – well within my cal limits. Had pie for dinner and still had calories for crisps with Sabrina and some more yoghurt 😊 Feel full going to bed.

4/11/18 (Sunday)
    Tracking - Yes,
    Calorie Deficit= 358
    EX = Gardening/chopping up trees for bonfire & BWE
    Day = Lazy day no one wanted to go anywhere so I went out into the garden to do the usual autumnal tidy. Lovely Sunday dinner though and oatcakes and tea before wind-down. :)
  • Cissy92
    Cissy92 Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    weighed today 195.8 checking in
  • Cissy92
    Cissy92 Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    I have been tracking my weight an calories for a month now, an it seems like when i workout i dont loose as much weight, but when i dont workout i loose weight.is that weird or is it me?
  • mikea2g
    mikea2g Posts: 384 Member
    Options
    Cissy92 wrote: »
    I have been tracking my weight an calories for a month now, an it seems like when i workout i dont loose as much weight, but when i dont workout i loose weight.is that weird or is it me?

I’m constantly surprised when I lose weight following a week of inactivity. I know doing CICO is doing its job, but psychologically I feel like I just pulled a fast one.

Who knows, maybe when you workout you have a little more food? Maybe it’s those amazing muscle gains people talk about? Maybe it’s water retention? Maybe maybe maybe. As long as the trend is going in the right direction say thank you for being weird :)
  • mikea2g
    mikea2g Posts: 384 Member
    Options
    Hey there! My name is amber & im 27 years old. I am an emotional eater and I just became my heaviest I’ve ever been and I feel so ashamed and disgusted. I’m currently 312.2 & now is the time to change. I’m hoping this challenge will keep me accountable and motivate me to lose !!

Back in 2012 , I started my weight loss journey the first time and within almost 2 years I lost 80 pounds. I was so proud of myself and I accomplished so much! In 2014, I lost my dad and within the 4 years I gained all my weight back and then some. I basically gave up and stopped tracking. My depression became really bad after my dad passed and once again I found comfort in food. Since then I struggled to find the spark I had in 2012-2013. Now that I see my heaviest , I’m hoping that will wake me up enough to put forward the effort to lose!

Hey there Amber. I’m right there with you. Emotional eater and tried so hard to get motivated. Lost a lot of weight long ago and gained it all back. My mother passed away a year ago and I swore I would change so that didn’t happen to me. I didn’t change. Marriage falling apart, I didn’t change. Kids might grow up without me. I didn’t change. Honestly not sure what flip switched for me, but hopefully your switch has been flipped and you’ll find yourself making those small changes again, staying consistent and watching your life change for the positive.

I’m half way to goal (309 to 265 / goal is 225). I hate the way I look almost daily. Of course, I also love the progress I’ve made almost daily. Constant struggle, but making my food choices a priority I keep trending down. You can do it!
  • cossmoss15
    cossmoss15 Posts: 509 Member
    Options
    Hi All,

I'm excited about this challenge - I think it will be very motivating!

At 61 years old I'm guessing I'm the oldest one here. I hate to confirm this, but as I get older yes my metabolism has slowed down.

With a desk job my weight as continued to increase and now it's time to stop. I'd be happy to lose 5 lbs in November. I live in Southern Ontario (Canada) and do belong to a gym - it's time to use it!

My goal is to stay below 1300 calories and to improve my fitness!

Username: cossmoss15
    Weigh in day: Thursday
    Weight Nov 1st: 135.0 lbs

Mini Challenge for Saturday, Nov 3rd:
    Tracking - yes
    Calories- yes
    Exercise- yes (60 min spinning)
    Steps - 6,087
    Water - lots!
This discussion has been closed.