Staying on plan while travelling

Options
nicsflyingcircus
nicsflyingcircus Posts: 2,393 Member
edited October 2018 in Social Groups
het90fxf675k.jpg
Excuse the shadows. Weird lighting. 3 egg ham and cheddar omelet (of which I was able to eat about 3/4), 4 lovely slices of tomato and 5 dill pickle slices, of which I had already eaten 3. Nice lunch.

I am traveling for 4 days for my daughter's hockey tournament and am guestimating and ball parking.

Replies

• tcunbeliever
    tcunbeliever Posts: 8,219 Member
    Options
    I love breakfast food any time of day, and it is totally a great way to fit on plan foods when away from home!
  • canadjineh
    canadjineh Posts: 5,396 Member
    Options
    Yep! When you can't get anything else there's always cheese, mushroom and ham omelette!! Wtg!
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    Options
    FABULOUS! I love eating on plan while traveling. And, to be honest, having a well defined goal/plan makes it EASIER to eat on plan while traveling.
  • nvmomketo
    nvmomketo Posts: 12,019 Member
    Options
    Nice! Looks tasty.

Good luck with the tournament!
  • GaleHawkins
    GaleHawkins Posts: 8,160 Member
    Options
    I find it is easy since most towns have a McDonald's. :)
  • IronGiant0
    IronGiant0 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    Chicken wings. No breading. Dry rubs like Cajun or sea salt black pepper. Fat and protein. No wet sauce = no carbs...
    One of my go to foods in restaurants.
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    Options
    I suppose it counts as sticking to plan if all I consume for the rest of the day is 2 cups of coffee with minimal cream and 7.5oz of vodka, right? No carbs!

Wine calories and carbs take up a bit of my calories when I travel. Not gonna lie. I loathe traveling and have to do it often.
  • nvmomketo
    Options
    Especially travelling with a kids' sports team! LOL 7.5 oz sounds stingy if anything. ;)
  • nicsflyingcircus
    nicsflyingcircus Posts: 2,393 Member
    Options
    nvmomketo wrote: »
    Especially travelling with a kids' sports team! LOL 7.5 oz sounds stingy if anything. ;)

It had been a long day!
  • nvmomketo
    Options
    LOL No doubt!
  • gwendyprism
    gwendyprism Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    I'm leaving tomorrow for a few days away. Taking some keto friendly snacks but I shouldn't have any trouble with restaurant eating. Most places have keto friendly options.
  • JessiBelleW
    JessiBelleW Posts: 815 Member
    Options
    I have the worst time when I travel! I get distracted by the fries!
  • amandammmq
    amandammmq Posts: 394 Member
    Options
    salad with meat on top. repeat. ;-)
  • AbbieOffman
    AbbieOffman Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    Going to an All-Inclusive in 3 months, food wise I will try to stick to my diet...drink wise tho, that will be rough - I love pina coladas :(
  • mmultanen
    mmultanen Posts: 1,029 Member
    Options
    I travel a lot for work and I've been really successful maintaining my eating habits while traveling. I'm headed out tomorrow to visit old college friends, and to see Cher in concert. I know I will make some choices I wouldn't make in the course of my daily life but this ain't daily life. lol That happens so have those Pina Coladas @aoffman while you're on holiday. Just don't keep having them once you're off holiday. :lol:
  • tcunbeliever
    tcunbeliever Posts: 8,219 Member
    Options
    Cher!!!

<3B)<3

kinda jealous
  • mmultanen
    mmultanen Posts: 1,029 Member
    Options
    We're a ridiculous group and will be dressing up wigs and all. I'm not a huge concert "person" but c'mon! Cher!
  • IronGiant0
    IronGiant0 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    @ahoffman ...
    Vodka, sparkling water, lime slice...
    Not a Pina Colada, but refreshing..