Let's get active!

Options
Hey y'all. I need your help. I'm ready and I'm excited about losing weight and getting fit, but I know my patterns and it never lasts long; then I wind up weighing more than I started with. I was so excited when I saw this group, but I'm gonna need some daily motivation! Let's make it more active on here. Or if you're part of a group that's really active and could point me in the right direction, I would sure appreciate it. Thank you!!

Replies

• violet456
    violet456 Posts: 674 Member
    Options
    I'm with you. The other group I'm in, is active on logging their weekly numbers, but not quite a chit chat motivation kind of board.

Last night I was exhausted, but because I had noted to my wife earlier that I wanted to get in some swim time, she motivated me to go. I only did 10 laps (small is pool) but got 15 minutes of strong movement. Sitting all day at a desk job, my IT band was annoyed yesterday.
  • violet456
    Options
    My one goal for today, is to NOT dip into the Halloween Candy. I do well at work (food everywhere) but then get home and dip in. Not productive. So that is my challenge today.
  • BrownLady2
    BrownLady2 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Can you ditch the candy? We donated ours at school to the soldiers overseas.
  • violet456
    Options
    We are taking the bulk to our little ones pre school on Friday. Main issue it just needs to not be on the counter as an easy temptation. Its neat you donate it to the soldiers.
  • HLaR79
    HLaR79 Posts: 1,519 Member
    Options
    The more people post the more people join in, I’m usually online every day!!!

Where I live it gets dark early and it’s cold and wet this time of year, it makes motivation harder to find!!!
  • violet456
    Options
    I was almost on point with my goal. I had a Reese Cup, but I logged it and was with in my target.

Today's goal is to go swimming tonight and get in 20 laps. *Small pool, and not dip into the candy/chocolate bowl, which is now away, so out of sight out of mind hopefully.
  • violet456
    Options
    HLaR79 wrote: »
    The more people post the more people join in, I’m usually online every day!!!

Where I live it gets dark early and it’s cold and wet this time of year, it makes motivation harder to find!!!

I can understand that. We are entering the season of Grey (Clouds most days and a decent days of rain), with early dark at about 4:30, so long before I get off work. At least it is still daylight going to work for now.
  • HLaR79
    Options
    Good job on your goal!

I try to go to the gym 5 days a week sometimes it’s hard to find the time but it always feels so good when I get there
  • Italian_Buju
    Italian_Buju Posts: 8,030 Member
    Options
    Hey I am loving the discussion going on here! There are long periods of inactivity here because for whatever reason, most people do not seem to stick! I am also online daily and I run a group that does a 10 point daily challenge if anyone is interested.

It is also getting cold and dark here early now :(
  • violet456
    Options
    The 10 point challenge sounds good but in the past I find that too challenging to keep track of. I can attempt it if others are interested. I'm starting small again, one mini step at a time.

As for my one goal yesterday I made it. 20 laps in 25 minutes and a nice hot tub soak afterwards. Sometimes my laps are more of progressive auqasizing, as I try to get as Much body movement as possible to stretch and move in lieu of sitting all day at a desk.

Today's goal is to go for a family advebture walk after my apt for about 30 minutes.
  • Italian_Buju
    Options
    Well there are 3 of us that do the challenge monthly now. No pressure, and you can always modify to fit yourself, do a five point or whatever.

I swim 4-6 days a week and am always disgruntled that we have no hot tub! Jealous!
  • violet456
    Options
    @Italian_Buju - great work swimming that often. I may be able to commit to a 4-5 point item.

Last night we didn't quite go on an adventure walk, but we did walk down to the park. It was a little jaunt, better than nothing.

Tonight my goal is to swim again. Tomorrow is weigh in day. Lets see how it goes.
  • HLaR79
    Options
    I tried to get back into swimming but our public pools where I am don’t have the best free swim/lap swim hours and I couldn’t make it work! I walk usually 5 days a week!!

Great job on your goals :)
  • jltheis7
    jltheis7 Posts: 496 Member
    Options
    My goal today was to log in to MFP after time away focusing on starting Overeaters Anonymous. It has been very helpful (42 lbs down) since January. It's great to see old group members and new!

• HLaR79
    Options
    jltheis7 wrote: »
    My goal today was to log in to MFP after time away focusing on starting Overeaters Anonymous. It has been very helpful (42 lbs down) since January. It's great to see old group members and new!

Way to go :)
  • HLaR79
    Options
    BrownLady2 wrote: »
    Can you ditch the candy? We donated ours at school to the soldiers overseas.

How are things going for you?

• violet456
    Options
    Goal Report: Friday I didn't make it swimming. A terrible cold hit. We did go on Sunday though, Saturday was a decent amount of walking around. Monday was a holiday for Canada, and we had a lovely day in the park with a walk around the small lake.

Today's goal, log everything, and go swimming tonight after the kids are down.
  • Italian_Buju
    Options
    jltheis7 wrote: »

Awesome!
  • violet456
    Options
    Yesterday was a good food day. Lunch at work was a little higher calorie that usual, but managed portions, and dinner was a pretty balanced meal, and I stayed away from any dessert afterwards. Having a good night's sleep is great to help next day sugar cravings, which has been helpful for me the past couple days.

I did make it to swimming, which was good. Mostly because my wife pushed me to go. I let her know the nights I plan on going so she nudges me at night when I'm getting tired and don't want to go.

Today's goal is.....maybe I'll take a non smoke break and go for a little 10 minute walk this afternoon to break up the day.
  • HLaR79
    Options
    Sounds like your having a good week for your goals :)