Belly Acres

Options
nisijam5
nisijam5 Posts: 10,390 Member
Hello to Team Belly Acres. This is your official team thread. If you would like to change the name that is fine - but, I think it's appropriate for me anyway. I will have more information regarding the workouts and how I handle the weigh-ins on a weekly basis. Stay tuned.

Aprilstar
Kikicooks
Jibeirish
Nisijam5
Sisumom
Chefgirlrd

Replies

• kanderson3698
    kanderson3698 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Hi my name is not on either team?
  • kanderson3698
    Options
    Sorry you must still be putting teams together Sure appreciate you doing all this I am just so excited if you can’t tell
  • kanderson3698
    Options
    nisijam5 wrote: »
    Hello to Team Belly Acres. This is your official team thread. If you would like to change the name that is fine - but, I think it's appropriate for me anyway. I will have more information regarding the workouts and how I handle the weigh-ins on a weekly basis. Stay tuned.

Aprilstar
    Kikicooks
    Jibeirish
    Nisijam5
    Sisumom
    Chefgirlrd
    Kanderson3698

• kanderson3698
    Options
    I added my name to Belly Busters
  • nisijam5
    Options
    Hi Belly Acres - we are officially a team!! I've had a good day yesterday and today. Sodium is always hard for me. I love pickles, olives, bacon, cheese, pizza, etc....

I've been getting up before work to work out in the mornings. It's a change for me and took a couple weeks to get used to. I have to admit, I love, love, love having it done first thing in the morning and don't have to worry about it all day.

I started tackling the stairs at lunch, I am up to the 4th floor from the basement. I think the highest I have access to is the 10th floor. It's a goal and maybe a heart attack.

2 workouts today, elliptical this morning and my strength class this afternoon. Tomorrow is Friday, I love my liquor filled weekends. I will only have cocktails one day and exercise for 3 hours to earn it.

Peace out for the day!!
  • nisijam5
    Options
    Hey all - just wanted to post a few ways to sneak in your abs for the week.

Standing hip circles - circle one way 10 times & circle the other way 10 times = Boom 10 abs

For those that don't want to count?
    One minute of abs is 20 abs.
    A five minute ab video is worth 100 abs
    A 1-minute plank is worth 20 abs.
    You cannot count the ones that you do during an exercise class if you are also counting the calorie burn from it. It's an extra perk.
  • nisijam5
    Options
    Hey Team, I will not drink wine tonight, I will not drink wine tonight, I will not drink wine tonight
  • kikicooks
    kikicooks Posts: 1,079 Member
    Options
    I'd love to say the same thing Kim but I'm not there yet LOL. I will get better, I will get better. :)
  • nisijam5
    Options
    kikicooks wrote: »
    I'd love to say the same thing Kim but I'm not there yet LOL. I will get better, I will get better. :)

I will definitely on Saturday - need to limit the sugar and not feeling vodka/soda when it's cold. Who's kidding, it's always about the wine.
  • vacamama
    vacamama Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    Hey all!! I'm excited to be a part of the team, and I am especially excited to be against my hubby! Let's win it!
  • nisijam5
    Options
    vacamama wrote: »
    Hey all!! I'm excited to be a part of the team, and I am especially excited to be against my hubby! Let's win it!

Being on the opposite team as him is scary....
  • kikicooks
    kikicooks Posts: 1,079 Member
    Options
    I'm working from home today so I plan to get up every so often to get flights of stairs in.
  • nisijam5
    Options
    Hey team,

I spent the past 2 days paying bills, on-line Christmas shopping, credentialing for my new job and credentialing for going back to school for my BSN. It's a lot of b@llshit paperwork.

I did win $125 playing Bingo on Saturday. I missed the $500 by 1 number - grrrr. Exciting for me, because I literally never win.

Tonight is strength training class and some abs.

I made a new pulled pork yesterday and it's been cooking all night. Easy enough to do and it sounded like heat meets a l'il bit of sweet. I'll make some slaw today. Possibly, some corn tortillas for tacos too!!

https://keviniscooking.com/pulled-pork-root-beer-glaze/

Today is my day off, I'll check out and hit up the new remodeled Aldi as well as Sur La Table because I have a 20% off coupon. Hubs ruins my pans. I have no idea what he does with them - but, alas, I just replace them.

Keep moving team!!

• vacamama
    Options
    nice win! $125 is better then nothing. Pulled pork sounds amazing. I made a roast last night, so we have meat and veggies left over for tonight.
    I am going to make a meal plan today for the week. My biggest problem is wanting what I scheduled. But I think it's the only way this is going to work.
    I think I am going to try and do a workout on my rowing machine today. And I will go for a walk.
  • kanderson3698
    Options
    I have been a little under the weather but working on stepping up the exercise even more, have a good day everyone.
  • nisijam5
    Options
    I have subscribed to the Daily Burn for $15 a month. I am really liking the videos from the cardio blast. They are 30 minutes and and easy to squeeze in the AM. I was up at 5:00 AM today getting it done. I love that it's just over and done.

Kanderson, take care of yourself!!

Vacamama, have 3 meals that are planned out, prepped in advance. 2 meals that you might want when you want them.

Tomorrow is first weigh-in!!
  • nisijam5
    Options
    I climbed 150 stairs just at lunch time. As I was warming up my lunch, I was standing there waiting and my legs were literally shaking. What a mess I say!!
  • vacamama
    Options
    @nisijam5 good job! I am planning on doing a row tonight. hopefully I don't die after 5 minutes like last time.... on the plus side I have been eating really well so far today and I actually planned out dinner! (spaghetti bolognese with mine on squash noodles)
  • nisijam5
    Options
    vacamama wrote: »
    @nisijam5 good job! I am planning on doing a row tonight. hopefully I don't die after 5 minutes like last time.... on the plus side I have been eating really well so far today and I actually planned out dinner! (spaghetti bolognese with mine on squash noodles)

Not sure I would like squash noodles - but, my friend says it is good. Five minutes is a long time to row if you ask me. Lots of upper body there.

I am home sick from work today. Yesterday, I was feeling achy and run down. Today, I have a honking, giant cold sore. Boo! I'm down 1.2 lbs and my goal is 1 a week. So, good there with a head start on next week. It probably would have been more but I ended up at happy hour last night and 1/2 price bottles of wine.
  • jibeirish
    jibeirish Posts: 244 Member
    Options
    so today i have the office to myself and we happen to have a mini gym room in the building so i've decided i'm going to get up away from my desk every hour and do the arm exercises, i have 15 of each done so far :)@nisijam5 with the curtsy lunges does one on each side count as one?