Replies

• mikea2g
    mikea2g Posts: 384 Member
    Options
    MINI CHALLENGE
    DATE: Friday, November 16, 2018
    Logged food: Yes
    Under calories: Yes
    Exercised: Yes - 30 minutes on the bike / 30 minutes strength training. (I was practicing some exercises I don’t really do at a challenging weight yet -squats, dead lifts, incline and regular barbell bench press. - been holding off on these for some irrational fear of being too fat and not cool enough to use the equipment). I’m a bit more comfortable after today’s session. Thinking of doing a more challenging strength routine with cardio second instead of first for awhile.
  • Nicoletime4me
    Nicoletime4me Posts: 531 Member
    Options
    November 16
    Tracking- yes
    Calories- yes
    Exercise- yes ( couch to 5k 28 minutes on treadmill).

@ HASWRLS you're right. I do know that I need to pack a healthy snack with me when I go a period of time without eating.I tend to make unhealthy choices and that is not good. I will work on that and see what results that will bring. I will definitely will weigh in early as possible for next Thursday. :)
  • MelsLeanDream
    MelsLeanDream Posts: 305 Member
    Options
    I think I missed the weigh in! So sorry :neutral:

Username: MelsLeanDream
    Weigh in week: November Week 2
    Weigh in day: Monday
    Previous Weight: 197.7
    Current Weight: 197.3
  • HASWLRS
    HASWLRS Posts: 7,997 Member
    Options
    I think I missed the weigh in! So sorry :neutral:

Username: MelsLeanDream
    Weigh in week: November Week 2
    Weigh in day: Monday
    Previous Weight: 197.7
    Current Weight: 197.3

Just in the nick of time! And you're heading in the right direction now, so all is good!!!
  • HASWLRS
    Options
    mikea2g wrote: »
    @HASWLRS
    The beard definitely aged me a bit :)

I definitely do similar things when I’m left alone at home. Sometimes I’m without wife or kids for various reasons and I seem to implode with poor decisions. I also feel strange when lifting weights at the gym, like everyone is watching me. I think we all feel that a bit. Just have to go and push through. You’re awesome for going. That’s what I think of other people at the gym, so obviously they’re all thinking that way about you and me too. :)

Thank you, Mike, for your kind words!

@T34S3l, thanks for that list of distractions. There are many to choose from!
  • HASWLRS
    Options
    Friday, November 16th

logged food: yes
    under calories: yes
    exercise: yes, curling
  • HASWLRS
    Options
    mikea2g wrote: »
    MINI CHALLENGE
    DATE: Friday, November 16, 2018
    Exercised: Yes - 30 minutes on the bike / 30 minutes strength training. (I was practicing some exercises I don’t really do at a challenging weight yet -squats, dead lifts, incline and regular barbell bench press. - been holding off on these for some irrational fear of being too fat and not cool enough to use the equipment). I’m a bit more comfortable after today’s session. Thinking of doing a more challenging strength routine with cardio second instead of first for awhile.

Yay for challenging yourself on the weights! I am feeling a little inspired by this...thanks, Mike! No more irrational fears at the gym!
  • HASWLRS
    Options
    November 16
    Tracking- yes
    Calories- yes
    Exercise- yes ( couch to 5k 28 minutes on treadmill).

@ HASWRLS you're right. I do know that I need to pack a healthy snack with me when I go a period of time without eating.I tend to make unhealthy choices and that is not good. I will work on that and see what results that will bring. I will definitely will weigh in early as possible for next Thursday. :)

Glad to hear you are thinking about ways to get the results you want!!
  • HASWLRS
    Options
    Last day to post a weight for November Week #2

Saturday weigh-ins:

@abowersgirl, @DoingItForMySon, @kc9agz, @RinsenRepeat and @rawrxamberx

Missing weigh-ins:

@melissan84, @khadl07, @mickey10111, @laurencoleman_807 and @Reanna143

Lose or gain or stay the same....no judgement here!!

• abowersgirl
    abowersgirl Posts: 3,409 Member
    Options
    @HASWLRS I am the same way when my hubby goes off for a weekend. I always plan for a great alone weekend, with work outs and house chores, all the things I can get done without him around but it always turns into a personal Binge fest. I think partially because he is an extremely picky eater where I love everything, so the idea of an everything pizza or jalapeno peppers is too tempting to turn down. He orders pizza once every two weeks or so and even though it's always the same I don't tend to indulge when he does order, so why I go crazy when he is gone is beyond me.

You are inspirational and you should never be ashamed of that. You look fantastic and you are an amazing person!! Life is too short to have others hold you back. I know it's easier said then done but you go this
  • abowersgirl
    Options
    Nov 16

Tracked yes
    Calories yes
    Exercise yes

It wasn't a very good eating day but nothing 5 hours of indoor beach volleyball couldn't fix.

Sunday no
    Monday yes
    Tuesday no
    Wednesday yes
    Thursday no
    Friday yes
  • abowersgirl
    Options
    Week 2
    Name abowersgirl
    Weigh in Saturday
    Last weeks weight: 146.2
    This week 146

Not much of a loss but it hasn't been my finest week not to mention TOM. Should see an even larger loss next week
  • T34S3l
    T34S3l Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    MINI CHALLENGE
    17/11/18
    Tracking = Yes
    Calories = Yes
    EX = 30 minutes of yoga
    Day = Still not terribly hungry. Got snacky at about 3 which is normal for me even when I've eaten all day! Decided to balance my days as BWE was making me achy and painful so yoga tonight if I don't fall asleep!
  • kc9agz
    kc9agz Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    kc9agz
    November week 2
    Weigh in: Saturday
    Last week: 130.0
    This week: 129.8

TOTM again so who knows on the numbers. Food at the competitions was definitely not ideal as it's all stadium food.

This was our bands first time ever at grand nationals and the ended up making the semi finals, but didn't place there or move on to finals. Everyone was extremely happy with the results. Out of 108 high school bands from all over the country only 37 made semi-finals and we were one of them. Now marching band is over (thank goodness), but concert season starts but luckily no 6:30am practices in 30 degree weather for this - lol!
  • murdog3t
    murdog3t Posts: 2,033 Member
    Options
    November 16
    Tracking: yes
    Calories: no
    Exercise: yes
    60min yoga & meditation
    Steps: 2794
    Water: 88oz
  • DoingItForMySon
    DoingItForMySon Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Sorry for posting so late been super busy with my little one the last few days.

Todays weight 228
    No lost but also no gain
  • HASWLRS
    Options
    Sorry for posting so late been super busy with my little one the last few days.

Todays weight 228
    No lost but also no gain

You really aren't late....your weigh-in day is Saturday! No gain this week....we'll call that a positive and try again next week!
  • Nicoletime4me
    Nicoletime4me Posts: 531 Member
    Options
    November 17
    Tracking- yes
    Calories- yes
    Exercise- yes ( walked on treadmill 30 minutes)
  • mikea2g
    mikea2g Posts: 384 Member
    Options
    MINI CHALLENGE
    DATE: Saturday, November 17, 2018
    Exercised: Yes - 45 minutes chopping wood. / lots of moving around doing stuff today. If I had a Fitbit I’m sure it would be a green screen day :)
  • HASWLRS
    edited November 2018
    Options
    @abowersgirl, thanks for the kind words...you are sweet! Yes, five hours of beach volleyball will burn a lot of calories. I love volleyball! I hope to play some beach volleyball myself in Mexico in January! As far as your weigh-in, a slight loss is superb, considering you said yourself it hasn't been a good eating week!
This discussion has been closed.