Replies

• mikea2g
    mikea2g Posts: 384 Member
    Options
    MINI CHALLENGE
    DATE: Sunday, November 11, 2018
    Logged food: Yes
    Under calories: Yes
    Exercise: Yes - 30 minute walk / jog (wog? Walg? Jalk?) / 15 minutes of kettle bell swings (which probably translates into 5 minutes of swing and 10 minutes of resting :) ) still wiped and sore afterwards. Got 100 reps at 45 pounds in. Best combo of reps and weight yet!
  • HASWLRS
    HASWLRS Posts: 7,997 Member
    Options
    mikea2g wrote: »
    MINI CHALLENGE
    Exercise: Yes - 30 minute walk / jog (wog? Walg? Jalk?) / 15 minutes of kettle bell swings (which probably translates into 5 minutes of swing and 10 minutes of resting :) ) still wiped and sore afterwards. Got 100 reps at 45 pounds in. Best combo of reps and weight yet!

You make your very intense workouts sound like so much fun!!
  • mikea2g
    mikea2g Posts: 384 Member
    Options
    HASWLRS wrote: »
    mikea2g wrote: »
    MINI CHALLENGE

You make your very intense workouts sound like so much fun!!

I’m just super happy I did it! I’ve always been a “only workout at the gym” type of person. Getting a good workout at home has been very challenging. Actually had my 3 year old help with this one. She drove her electric car while I jalked and then we raced on kettlebell sets. She had to drive around the house before I finished a set of 20 swings. She beat me 3 times :).
  • heaz10
    heaz10 Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    Mini challenge 11/11:
    Tracked: yes
    Under calories: yes
    Exercise: treadmill 30 minutes
  • murdog3t
    murdog3t Posts: 2,033 Member
    Options
    November 10
    Tracking: yes
    Calories: yes
    Exercise: yes
    60min yoga & meditation
    Steps: 2157
    Water: 88oz
    Air quality unhealthy no walk again today
    Happy birthday to me
  • lozenger1984
    lozenger1984 Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    Weigh in day. 197.7lbs.
    Slow movement in the right direction. I’m working the next 9 days on call so these are always tough weeks for staying on track so I’ve planned in my gym sessions and prepped most of the food too.
  • HASWLRS
    Options
    murdog3t wrote: »
    November 10
    Tracking: yes
    Calories: yes
    Exercise: yes
    60min yoga & meditation
    Steps: 2157
    Water: 88oz
    Air quality unhealthy no walk again today
    Happy birthday to me

Happy Birthday, Tami! Hope you had a wonderful day!!
  • HASWLRS
    Options
    Weigh in day. 197.7lbs.
    Slow movement in the right direction. I’m working the next 9 days on call so these are always tough weeks for staying on track so I’ve planned in my gym sessions and prepped most of the food too.

Key phrase is "in the right direction". Kudos to you for planning out your gym sessions and prepping most of your food. Planning and prepping are the tools for success when it comes to weight loss!!!
  • HASWLRS
    edited November 2018
    Options
    Sunday, November 11th

logged food: yes
    under calories: yes
    exercise: yes, 79 active minutes of raking leaves
    steps: 14,705, starting another Fitbit green screen streak
    water: got in my 10 cups!
  • abowersgirl
    abowersgirl Posts: 3,409 Member
    Options
    It was a busy weekend so I am so sorry I haven't posted

Nov 10
    Tracked yes
    Calories no
    Exercise yes

UFC got me. After about three hours of cooking I couldn't help but munch as I went...but once I started eating I couldn't stop

Sunday no
    Monday yes
    Tuesday yes
    Wednesday yes
    Thursday yes
    Friday yes
    Saturday no
  • abowersgirl
    Options
    Nov 11

I went to a family dinner and the food wouldn't stop coming...so once again I didn't stop eating and I am feeling the regret now

Tracked no
    Calories no
    Exercise no

Sunday no

For future I will be logging as I go into MFP especially with the expectation that more of these parties will start happening as the holidays start rolling in. Last night while reviewing my day, knowing I hadn't even attempted to try to and not eat as much as I had I began a mini mantra "food is sustanence not a friend"
  • HASWLRS
    Options
    Nov 11

I went to a family dinner and the food wouldn't stop coming...so once again I didn't stop eating and I am feeling the regret now

Tracked no
    Calories no
    Exercise no

Sunday no

For future I will be logging as I go into MFP especially with the expectation that more of these parties will start happening as the holidays start rolling in. Last night while reviewing my day, knowing I hadn't even attempted to try to and not eat as much as I had I began a mini mantra "food is sustanence not a friend"

Yes, 'tis the season for parties, get togethers, family dinners, etc. Each event has to be mentally prepared for well ahead of time. If there is no plan going in, then the food consumption will probably continue well past acceptable!! A mantra is a great idea, Stephanie!! You still have five days until weigh-in, so plenty of time to try to undo any family dinner damage.

You've mentioned it twice, and I still don't know what UFC is. The first time I thought you meant you were watching an Ultimate Fighting Club event, but after the second time, I am pretty sure I am wrong.
  • abowersgirl
    Options
    @HASWLRS it's ultimate fighting championship... you were close and teqnically right. I tend to call it UFC although I should probably distinguish when it's just a regular fight night and when it's an actual championship night. Regardless it is big in my house and we watch all types of MMA sporting events which means there is some thing almost every weekend Going on. Championships tend to be the hardest but this past Saturday, although just a small fight night, which usually isn't difficult because there usually aren't big names so the guys in my house don't usually plan for ordering out or anything, ended up being my night for cooking...with 5 or 6 boys it turned into a three hour munchies making fest...
  • HASWLRS
    Options
    @HASWLRS it's ultimate fighting championship... you were close and teqnically right. I tend to call it UFC although I should probably distinguish when it's just a regular fight night and when it's an actual championship night. Regardless it is big in my house and we watch all types of MMA sporting events which means there is some thing almost every weekend Going on. Championships tend to be the hardest but this past Saturday, although just a small fight night, which usually isn't difficult because there usually aren't big names so the guys in my house don't usually plan for ordering out or anything, ended up being my night for cooking...with 5 or 6 boys it turned into a three hour munchies making fest...

Do they always watch at your place? Do you enjoy it as well?
  • abowersgirl
    Options
    @HASWLRS Yes they always watch at my house, my house tends to be the hangout place for the guys. They teqnically are over every night..so it's the same crew of people I have over on a regular day but those nights tend to be when they hunker down and are all consintrated on the same entertainment, where usually there are four or five things going on at once every other night. Yes I am a big MMA fan as well. This past weekend was the only weekend so far I actually wasn't able to watch but on championship nights I feel like they order out so I can watch too...which is super considerate of them
  • heaz10
    heaz10 Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    November week 2 weigh in:
    Previous week: 239.6
    Current: 237
    Moving in the right direction!
  • HASWLRS
    Options
    heaz10 wrote: »
    November week 2 weigh in:
    Previous week: 239.6
    Current: 237
    Moving in the right direction!

Moving in the right direction, I'd say!! That's a solid two and a half pound loss!! You had a great week, were on track every day, and it showed on the scales!! Well done!!
  • kidkees
    kidkees Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    Sunday tracked and under
    Zumba am, and a long evening walk with the dogs and a friend. 18k total steps
  • HASWLRS
    Options
    kidkees wrote: »
    Sunday tracked and under
    Zumba am, and a long evening walk with the dogs and a friend. 18k total steps

Great day!!
This discussion has been closed.