Tuesday no
  • ImjustBev2019
    ImjustBev2019 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    November 13
    Tracking- yes
    Calories-- yes
    Exercise- yes

This week no gym for me, but will be working out at home.
  • murdog3t
    murdog3t Posts: 2,033 Member
    Options
    November 13

Tracking: yes
    Calories: yes
    Exercise: yes
    60min yoga & meditation
    40 min (2miles)walk treadmill
    35 min recumbent bike ride
    Steps: 8469
    Water: 88oz.
  • HASWLRS
    HASWLRS Posts: 8,000 Member
    Options
    T34S3l wrote: »
    MINI CHALLENGE
    13/11/18
    Tracking = Yes
    Calories = Yes
    EX = 25-minute walk through the park
    Day = Lots more walking today, managed to park the car really far away from all of the things that I needed to do 😊 Just realised I’m doing calorie counting wrong, been doing it a while too! (I have lost over 70lbs) So MFP calculates my intake and increases with exercise. I haven’t been eating the exercise calories. I just stay above 1200 and below 1570 which is what MFP gives me before exercise. Having looked into it a bit more, my TDEE is 1791 but I like losing a lot at a time and quickly, that’s why I’m here! I need to get my head around just losing 1lb a week and accept that it’s the best way to do it because this is going to plateau!

So the whole time you were losing 70 pounds, you were not eating your exercise calories back? You must have been eating enough so that you were never "hangry"....otherwise you would have folded a long time ago! How long did it take you to lose those 70 pounds? I think one of the main reasons experts advocate for losing only a pound or two a week on average is to try to maintain as much muscle mass as possible while losing. That is why they also suggest weight bearing exercises along with the cardio, which I know you do.
  • HASWLRS
    Options
    mikea2g wrote: »
    MINI CHALLENGE
    DATE: Tuesday, November 13, 2018
    Logged food: Yes
    Under calories: Yes - barely. Been stressed and a bit down lately. Really hard to make the right food choices right now. I am, just feel yucky about it.
    Exercised: Yes - even though I’m a bit sick I felt like I had to do something. Picked up sticks until I had the burn pile at 7’ tall by 8’ wide. (~ approx 1 hour of walking and throwing) / 1 hour of burning the pile down, adding more to it and adjusting the fire. It was like light exercise in a sauna :) / 10 minutes of chopping wood

Hope you are feeling better, Mike. Getting outside for some fresh air and some light activity sounds perfect. Just listen to your body, and be sure to take it easy.
  • HASWLRS
    Options
    November 13
    Tracking- yes
    Calories-- yes
    Exercise- yes

This week no gym for me, but will be working out at home.

I think that is what I may have to start doing, too. There is plenty one can do at home! The internet is full of many great ideas.
  • HASWLRS
    Options
    Looking for weights from:

@ForLangston and @MelsLeanDream
  • lozenger1984
    lozenger1984 Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    Tracking yes
    Calories yes
    Exercise 1.5 hours of taekwondo.
  • T34S3l
    T34S3l Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    HASWLRS wrote: »
    T34S3l wrote: »
    MINI CHALLENGE
    13/11/18
    Tracking = Yes
    Calories = Yes
    EX = 25-minute walk through the park
    Day = Lots more walking today, managed to park the car really far away from all of the things that I needed to do 😊 Just realised I’m doing calorie counting wrong, been doing it a while too! (I have lost over 70lbs) So MFP calculates my intake and increases with exercise. I haven’t been eating the exercise calories. I just stay above 1200 and below 1570 which is what MFP gives me before exercise. Having looked into it a bit more, my TDEE is 1791 but I like losing a lot at a time and quickly, that’s why I’m here! I need to get my head around just losing 1lb a week and accept that it’s the best way to do it because this is going to plateau!

So the whole time you were losing 70 pounds, you were not eating your exercise calories back? You must have been eating enough so that you were never "hangry"....otherwise you would have folded a long time ago! How long did it take you to lose those 70 pounds? I think one of the main reasons experts advocate for losing only a pound or two a week on average is to try to maintain as much muscle mass as possible while losing. That is why they also suggest weight bearing exercises along with the cardio, which I know you do.

No! I was never eating back so my deficits must have been HUGE! I wasn't balancing macros so there were days when I would eat 1200 calories of chips or bread and my protein consumption has never been this high. I think I was big enough that it didn't matter. I have lost in "shelves" So I lost it calorie counting, in a super stressful situation and I fluctuated a lot until 2016, when I hit 252 and started again, I got down to 193.3 but I was overdoing it on cardio and still not eating back so I just couldn't maintain it. This time I'm focusing more on keeping it manageable so I'm on 1500, it's still about a 500 cal deficit but should see me loosing 1lb a week (now that I finally get it! :lol: )

MINI CHALLENGE
    14/11/18
    Tracking = Yes
    Calories = Yes
    EX = BWE, 23 minutes active
    Day = Spent the day sat down, more motivation today, despite the aching muscles. Nice and high on protein and lots of water 😊 Good day!
  • mikea2g
    mikea2g Posts: 384 Member
    Options
    MINI CHALLENGE
    DATE: Wednesday, November 14, 2018
    Logged food: Yes
    Under calories: Yes
    Exercised: Yes - 30 minutes on the bike / 20 minutes pushing and pulling the prowler sled until I could barely move :)
  • ForLangston
    ForLangston Posts: 951 Member
    Options
    Yeeehaah, finally in the 240s again. Last week 250. This week 249, every little bit counts. Yay and hoping to keep the momentum going!
  • ForLangston
    ForLangston Posts: 951 Member
    Options
    Mini challenge:
    Tracking: Y
    Exercise: Yoga and walking
    Calories: Y
  • heaz10
    heaz10 Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    11/14 mini challenge:
    Tracking: yes
    Under calories: yes
    Exercise: yes 55 minutes aerobics
  • Nicoletime4me
    Nicoletime4me Posts: 531 Member
    Options
    November 14
    Tracking- yes
    Calories- no over by 101
    Exercise- yes ( 30 mins on treadmill)
  • HASWLRS
    Options
    Yeeehaah, finally in the 240s again. Last week 250. This week 249, every little bit counts. Yay and hoping to keep the momentum going!

You have summed it up nicely....every little bit counts!! A pound a week is 52 pounds in a year, and that definitely beats not losing at all!! Yes...keep that momentum going!!
  • HASWLRS
    Options
    November 14
    Tracking- yes
    Calories- no over by 101
    Exercise- yes ( 30 mins on treadmill)

Not over by much at all....a good day!!
  • abowersgirl
    abowersgirl Posts: 3,409 Member
    Options
    Nov 14