Looking for Clean Eating Friends

Options
2»

Replies

• Safari_Gal
    Safari_Gal Posts: 888 Member
    Options
    For about 8 months I've been very unhealthy. I live on coffee, don't eat during the day most of the time and maybe eat noodle soup and snacks. I have a busy bookkeeping business so I'm at my desk all day. I've gained 12 lbs this year.
    Every other week I actually cook lunch and supper because my husband is home.
    Now my husband is away 2 weeks at a time.
    I need to learn to be disciplined, leave my desk, figure out what to eat and actually eat. I don't have any more snacks in the house. I do have a new instant pot.
    Where do I start? I'm so used to not eating, I don't have much of an appetite.

Hi Teina!

I too am a coffeeaholic. :) Discipline has also been something I’ve been working on. I used to eat late night a lot and “fast foods” always on the go- I noticed my energy lacking though so I started to eat more nutrient dense foods. Instead of croissants I’ll eat a salad. I pre pack my food for the office - that’s helped a lot. What kind of foods do you like? I’ve been focusing on a lot of vegetables, seafood, eggs and poultry.
    Ohhh I’ve been looking at instant pots! I saw some great recipes for lemon chicken with garlic and broccoli..
    I saw this recipe - for instant pot Cuban Picadillo - I’d love to try! Maybe I’ll crock pot it. ;)
    https://www.skinnytaste.com/instant-pot-picadillo/

All best!
    M
  • Heather_J_May
    Heather_J_May Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    Good to have found you all! I’m vegetarian leaning more towards veganism. I try to eat cleanly as much as possible but I do fall off the wagon occasionally! It’s great to have support. Please feel free to add me. All the best.
  • marycilec
    marycilec Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    I am following a no added salt, no added sugar diet with free-range eggs, grass-fed meat, organic fruits and vegetables. I am 51 yo, happily married, thankful mom who is 200 pounds and only 5 feet tall. I believe clean eating is the way to go. I have Crohn's and other medical issues, am disabled and looking to lose 60 pounds. Add me if you are female and similar.
  • slpowers45
    slpowers45 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Clean eating probably means different things to different people but to me it means eating foods made with my own hands pretty much and ridding my pantry of foods filled with additives and preservatives.
    I did a 'whole30' diet about 3 years ago and that really helped me get started on a clean eating plan. I didn't lose much weight but then I had a bit of a problem with portion control and night time eating. I currently do not follow a particular diet - I'm 73 years old and tried most of them out there and I just can't do diets anymore!
    I am am avid label reader and don't buy anything with preservatives in them and try to keep the sugar low. And I eat ample 'good' fat. For the most part I make my own condiments, yogurt and bread products but try to keep the carbs at bay.
    I started back on MFP back in July after knee replacement surgery. I found 2 weeks after I had lost 6 lbs and wasn't feeling much like eating so thought it was a good opportunity to pay attention and try to get some of this weight off. That was 20 weeks ago and I have dropped just shy of 19 lbs. A nice steady loss that I am happy with and MFP has helped me stay on track.
    Look forward to interacting with the group. Good luck to all in your respective journeys.
  • oskeyt812
    oskeyt812 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I am way over due to clean up my diet. I just completed my master's degree and now have the time to focus on my health. It has been over a year that I have been eating fast and processed food on the go almost exclusively. I feel like I may have forgotten how to cook, and I am definitely struggling with making a meal plan and grocery list. I have been slowly cleaning out my pantry of costco size convenience food and bringing them to work to share with my coworkers. I am doing 40-30-30 and this app helps me keep track without being a daunting chore. I'm glad to join you all in your healthful journey!
  • GrandmaJackie
    GrandmaJackie Posts: 35,842 Member
    Options
    :), I’ll definitely be back to check out this group :)
  • SwimMighty
    SwimMighty Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    @oskeyt812 congrats on the masters!
  • Sue2bthin
    Sue2bthin Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    I sure can relate to every post here! Whether going vegan or paleo - I have great success on either - clean eating has worked wonders for me, along with exercise of course. I have researched and for me, I only need to exercise for 1/2 hour or so a day for the benefits. It simply feels good to feel good! No dairy, sugar, processed foods...that alone has made all the difference. Glad to join this group. How do I add someone as a friend here? I am technologically challenged. Thanks for any help.
  • Safari_Gal
    Safari_Gal Posts: 888 Member
    Options
    Sue2bthin wrote: »
    I sure can relate to every post here! Whether going vegan or paleo - I have great success on either - clean eating has worked wonders for me, along with exercise of course. I have researched and for me, I only need to exercise for 1/2 hour or so a day for the benefits. It simply feels good to feel good! No dairy, sugar, processed foods...that alone has made all the difference. Glad to join this group. How do I add someone as a friend here? I am technologically challenged. Thanks for any help.

Hi Sue- click on someone’s name - then on lower right hand side click little person icon with plus sign on it.
    :)
  • Sue2bthin
    Sue2bthin Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Thanks