This December I Will....

Options

Replies

• Heidijens123
    Heidijens123 Posts: 289 Member
    Options
    Made it to class this morning. Then came home and did yoga by Christmas lights with my Maui kitty. A great way to start the day. 93ewobex6at6.jpg
  • PackerFanInGB
    PackerFanInGB Posts: 3,335 Member
    Options
    Wow are there ever some great goals for December! I kind of want to steal @nebslp's word for word! LOL!

I have so many that I want to do, but I know if I try to do more than one, I won't succeed. I've been having such a difficult time deciding! But I'm going with my water intake since I didn't succeed in November and it is so important I begin drinking more water and less coffee.

Beginning tomorrow, 12/7/2018:

1. This December I will....drink half my weight in water every day.
    2. The small actions I’ll be taking to accomplish this goal: I will place a blue cup next to my faucet to catch my eye and remind me to drink more. I will bring a 20 oz red bottle with me to work and try using some orange or lemon oil flavoring to make it taste better and get some nutritional benefits at the same time. I will come on here and be accountable every day.
    3. The trigger or cue to remember to do my habit: My red and blue cups. Getting up to use the restroom at work should be refill time also.
    4. How often will you do your new habit (daily is best if possible): Daily
    5. What reward will you immediately give yourself for doing your habit? I will take a moment to recognize how my body feels, how my brain feels sharper, how my hunger pangs are less and whether my fingers are swollen like sausages or not. My real NSV from this would be to have slimmer fingers and be able to wear my wedding ring again for the first time in 7 years! I will feel rewarded also by coming on here and being able to share that I did it!
    6. What help do you need from us? Just be here and report on your own successes! It is so inspiring!
    7. What does success look like to you at the end of December? Perhaps I will have less brain fog and hopefully will be wearing my wedding ring again!
  • PackerFanInGB
    Options
    @PinkyPan1 Good for you! I love to read and I have also slacked off since I started using my laptop, iPad and phone all the time! Nothing feels better than holding a book and turning the pages... Love it. I'm actually going to bed right now to read! (after I listen to my Calm meditation...) :)
  • PinkyPan1
    PinkyPan1 Posts: 3,018 Member
    Options
    I read for 2 hours this morning. I am almost done with my latest book.
  • nebslp
    nebslp Posts: 1,649 Member
    Options
    I love reading all of your posts! Thanks for sharing!! 2 more marker holders to do tonight so tomorrow I will reread and enjoy the posts the second time around.
  • PackerFanInGB
    Options
    Did not drink half my weight in water today, but I did drink more water than yesterday, I'm going to give myself credit for at least improving!
  • SwimMighty
    SwimMighty Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    1. My goal for this month (This December I will..."): workout consistently, 5 days a week. I’ve slacked off on workouts and my vertigo is sneaking back in. I am pretty sure regular exercise helps keep the vertigo at bay.
    2. The small actions I’ll be taking to accomplish this goal: schedule it in. Also want to work on developing a new workout in the morning habit, so I need to make sure my work schedule allows this.
    3. The trigger or cue to remember to do my habit: my calendar and my alarm clock
    4. How often will you do your new habit (daily is best if possible): 5 days a week...
    5. What reward will you immediately give yourself for doing your habit? (Small positive feedbacks such as a fist pump, saying "I'm awesome", or a star/check mark on your calendar help cement the habit you are trying to build.): marking it as done in the calendar
    6. What help do you need from us?: y’all just keep being awesome and posting.
    7. What does success look like to you at the end of December?: no vertigo, lots of checks in the calendar. Maybe a bit stronger too.
  • SwimMighty
    SwimMighty Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    @MadisonMolly2017 I love your enthusiasm and happy post! Keep at it.
  • MadisonMolly2017
    MadisonMolly2017 Posts: 10,987 Member
    Options
    @SwimMighty
    Thanks❣️ Great plan for your exercise. Good luck with your vertigo!!
    SwimMighty wrote: »
    @MadisonMolly2017 I love your enthusiasm and happy post! Keep at it.

• themedalist
    themedalist Posts: 3,212 Member
    Options
    Such great goals for December and well thought out plans to achieve them! I’m glad you are updating us regularly on your book reading, @PinkyPan1 and I’m glad to hear that @nebslp, @Heidijens123 and @SwimMighty are all prioritizing exercise this month. I do hope it helps with the vertigo, @SwimMighty. And more water sounds like a great goal, @PackerFanInGB and @texasgardnr. And sewing and having more fun are fantastic goals for this month, @77tes and @MadisonMolly2017.

How’s it going for you, @littlebear0121 in trying to expand your social network this month? I love your goal!

And hello @prgirl39mfp! I know you’re still getting acclimated to your new job but no we are thinking about you and wishing you well!
  • littlebear0121
    littlebear0121 Posts: 1,073 Member
    Options
    I’ve been reading James Clear’s fantastic book Atomic Habits and it’s solid gold. Do yourself a favor and read this book! Here is a great passage on the importance of starting small in building a new habit.

Thank you for sharing this! Today I was upset with myself and wondering if it was even worth it to get in short (like 12 minutes today) workouts when I'm crunched for time. Since February I have had the habit of working out daily, sometimes taking one day off per week. This has helped my weight (lost 23 pounds), my health, and my mood. After reading the quote you shared, I realized that keeping up my habit with a short workout is MUCH better than breaking the habit.
  • themedalist
    themedalist Posts: 3,212 Member
    Options
    My social goal is going well for the most part. I have been talking or texting with my mom most days and enjoying that. I have made plans for each week of the month to get together with a friend or friends (last week went ice skating with two groups of friends.) I have also contacted at least a friend a day, and realized that I was already doing this--didn't have to try. However, the area I need to work on is LOCAL friends. While not less valuable, the friends I've been in contact with are mostly from the area we moved from. Even half of the social plans I made for the month are with friends from out of town.

I think you are doing great! For many people, December is the busiest month of all. You may find people are more available come January.

• 77tes
    77tes Posts: 7,775 Member
    Options
    Great point about the 2 minute rule @themedalist, so last night I sewed the pom-pom onto my granddaughter's Santa hat. Goal accomplished and Santa (or his assistant) can wear her hat proudly.

@littlebear0121, making friends in a new area is very hard. I was in a similar situation many years ago, and frankly, I made few friends and found it very depressing. Still, keeping the friends from your old town is important too. Sometimes an exercise class is a good way to meet friends (and that would help with exercise too). Holiday events in your new town or volunteering for something might also give you contacts.