Looking for friends

Options
Hi guys! I had my RNY gastric bypass - looking for some mfp friends for support and to support! I can’t figure out how to add people anymore - I haven’t been on the app in awhile. Add me or let’s chat here! Kelly

Replies

• minca1920
    minca1920 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone, I started at 322lbs a few months ago. had the Billo Pancreatic Diversion on the 29th of October ans so far I have lost quite a bit. I struggle with the soft diet and some depression of not having food as a comfort. Looking for friends that is either before, in or done with their journey. Bianca
  • HLaR79
    HLaR79 Posts: 1,519 Member
    Options
    minca1920 wrote: »
    Hi everyone, I started at 322lbs a few months ago. had the Billo Pancreatic Diversion on the 29th of October ans so far I have lost quite a bit. I struggle with the soft diet and some depression of not having food as a comfort. Looking for friends that is either before, in or done with their journey. Bianca

I think that’s pretty normal! It’s a big change, but with time you will find a new way to cope (exercise, art, writing etc) and one day you will have a new normal :)

• Jenneke0269
    Jenneke0269 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Hey there! Sleever here, I had the sleeve done in June '18, already down 100lbs. If anyone wants to hang out and cheer each other on, send me a friend request.
    I can’t figure out how to add people anymore...
    You gotta click their username to bring up their profile, then tap their picture, and tap the icon of two people on the right side of the screen. That will bring up the friend request message box.
  • NicoleL874
    NicoleL874 Posts: 684 Member
    Options
    Hello! My surgery was 10/15/15. I have VSG. I lost 165lbs. I've had some regain, lots of excuses behind it, lol, but working diligently to get my *kitten* back together!

I'm on MFP all day Mon-Th while at work and happy to answer questions.

@minca1920 now I have to research your procedure! I think that's a revision of friend of mine had, but not sure!

Good luck to all!
  • JourneyToWorlds
    JourneyToWorlds Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    I guys! Greats to have some new MFP friends! I hit -40 pounds today in the nose (RNY oct 5) so pretty happy!! I seem to be slower then others but it is what it is.

Minca - thanks for the add! I struggled the first few weeks with depression too but things have been slowly getting better - I don’t really have advise but I’m always here to talk or listen 💜

Jenneke- thanks for the add and tip! Already 100 is AMAZING!! I’d like to lose about 80-100 more. I’m
    Here to cheer!! Gooooo Jenneke!!

Nicole - congrats on your amazing success! I want to be like you !! 🤩

Have a wonderful week ! Kelly
  • JAnanda51
    JAnanda51 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hello...my name is Joyce. I had my gastric bypass on 11/28/18. I’m happy to find this group and will be connecting with you all.

HW 270
    SW 255
    CW 247
  • fit_chickx
    fit_chickx Posts: 571 Member
    Options
    I'm a sleeve four years out June of 2014. I'm in maintenance mode. Had a bit of a gain from my holiday shenanigans. I'm not happy where my weight is at the moment. Back to basics to get it down.
  • SimplementeSM
    SimplementeSM Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Another Sleever here! I'm 2 weeks post op today and I'm down 20ish pounds since surgery, 60ish overall 😊
  • stacyvon
    stacyvon Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hello! I just got my DOSA appointment of January 3rd. I will know when I get my RNY that day. ACH!
  • akindofmagick
    akindofmagick Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    I would love to have some new friends! Had VSG on 18 June 2015. Stats:

5'4" 61 yrs
    HW: 234
    SW: 228
    LW: 148 (for one day only)
    CW: 178

ACCKKK!!

I went back to work in Feb of this year, and have steadily put on about 3/4 pound a week. I'm back on MFP, cutting the carbs and alcohol, and determined to lose. I feel awful, and look worse. Built myself a standing desk yesterday, and am committed to using it.
  • barefootot
    barefootot Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me. I had gastric sleeve 8/2017. I have a bout 30 more pounds to lose. I have been about the same weight for the past year with a lot of serious health challenges for my son. I am ready to kick it and get the last part off.
  • MayB6474
    MayB6474 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I need friends too! I had the lap RNY, February 11th, 2009. Add me please, I could use the motivation and support!💜🌹💐🌸💜
  • 21RelentlessOne
    21RelentlessOne Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Hi Everyone. I'm back. I had VSG in 2014 & a revision to RNY in 2018. I had severe complications and required 3 surgeries in 4 days due to a blood clot in my small intestin and then 2 days later I had an obstructed bowel. I barely survived the trauma. It left me with a large incisional hernia and a wound infection. I was in the hospital for a month. I really don't want to talk about it at all anymore. Today is a new day and I am back. Looking for a friend or two who is understanding. I'm not here to answer a lot of questions about what I went through. I trying to start all over again today. I hope to meet a friend or two that is understanding of the complications and a buddy for support.
  • HLaR79
    HLaR79 Posts: 1,519 Member
    Options
    Hi Everyone. I'm back. I had VSG in 2014 & a revision to RNY in 2018. I had severe complications and required 3 surgeries in 4 days due to a blood clot in my small intestin and then 2 days later I had an obstructed bowel. I barely survived the trauma. It left me with a large incisional hernia and a wound infection. I was in the hospital for a month. I really don't want to talk about it at all anymore. Today is a new day and I am back. Looking for a friend or two who is understanding. I'm not here to answer a lot of questions about what I went through. I trying to start all over again today. I hope to meet a friend or two that is understanding of the complications and a buddy for support.

Good luck on your new journey, reliving the past won’t change it so wtg for looking ahead :)
  • lleeann2001
    lleeann2001 Posts: 410 Member
    Options

The future will be bright for you. Leave the complications behind. As you move forward stay focused because "YOU CAN DO IT!!"
  • lleeann2001
    Options
    MayB6474 wrote: »
    I need friends too! I had the lap RNY, February 11th, 2009. Add me please, I could use the motivation and support!💜🌹💐🌸💜

Honey we could all use some motivation right. We WILL conquer this thing called fat and CONTINUE to love the bodies we are in!!
  • lleeann2001
    Options
    MayB6474 wrote: »

I would add you but I dont know how. ( pretend i am making a sad face). Ive restarted on mfp about two weeks ago. have been inputting my food evefyday and weight weekly i think. The first time I started MFP all I did was put in my weight and didn't know how to use or add food and whatnot....My weight graph looks like I lost 63 pounds in one day.....
  • lleeann2001
    Options
    I would love to have some new friends! Had VSG on 18 June 2015. Stats:

5'4" 61 yrs
    HW: 234
    SW: 228
    LW: 148 (for one day only)
    CW: 178

ACCKKK!!

I went back to work in Feb of this year, and have steadily put on about 3/4 pound a week. I'm back on MFP, cutting the carbs and alcohol, and determined to lose. I feel awful, and look worse. Built myself a standing desk yesterday, and am committed to using it.

yes girl. Do It! I do drink beer sometimes. But MFP says its only 120 calories with only 10 gms of carbs.
  • lleeann2001
    Options
    Another Sleever here! I'm 2 weeks post op today and I'm down 20ish pounds since surgery, 60ish overall 😊

VERY GOOD! I am post op GB since December 20th 2017. Have lost 73 pounds but I got off track and stalled for 6 months. WLS truly is a tool. You HAVE to work it which I am currently doing. Have lost 10 pounds in the last 3 weeks with the assistance of Intermittent Fasting.