Introduce yourself! :)

kimba516
kimba516 Posts: 17 Member
Hi all, I am a 4th-time mom, just welcomed my daughter on November 1st. Looking to get back in shape! I love to run mostly but also bike, swim and enjoy a good spin class. I am breastfeeding so the weight loss needs to be slow and steady. Looking forward to connecting!

Replies

• Runningchick11
    Runningchick11 Posts: 53 Member
    Hello! Im a first time mom and had my son in March. Ive struggled losing any weight. I really need to get serious about losing my baby weight. I love to run. Its my thing. Ive run two races with a stroller and loved it. I live in mn and it's winter now so I have to hold off for a while.
  • shirree93
    shirree93 Posts: 2 Member
    Hey ladies! I am a mum to 2 little boys aged 3 and 1! Since having my second baby, summer 2017, my weight has spiralled out of control. I'm really struggling to lose this time. I'm just so tired and hungry all the time, I could just sit and stuff my face all day 😂😂
  • pennyks88
    pennyks88 Posts: 167 Member
    Hi all! I have a 2 and a half year old and a 4 month old. I'd like to lose at least 30 pounds. I'm currently breastfeeding, so I'm trying to find the balance of not eating too much versus eating enough to still maintain a good milk supply.
  • kimba516
    Yay! I’m so glad you guys have found the group! I haven’t done a group before so hopefully it will be motivating!

@Everestchick11 I’m in NH so I can relate to the cold being an issue! I have an elliptical in the basement but I hate it so I run year round but its SO much harder when it’s freeeeezing!!!

@shirree93 what are your goals? Kids are so exhausting I know what you mean!!

@pennyks88 I’m also breastfeeding-yay! But it does make losing weight frustrating because ill feel like I’ve had a successful eating day but if I’m not careful- whoops- there goes my milk supply! I’m also off dairy because my LO was having major gas issues and I love cheese so that has been a bummer!!!
  • Coral333
    Coral333 Posts: 194 Member
    Hi ladies,

So glad I've found this group. I'm a first time mum to a little girl who's 14 weeks old now. I feel lucky that I've lost the weight that I put on during pregnancy but I had quite a bit of weight to lose before getting pregnant (around 40lbs) that I now want to focus on getting rid of for good :smile:

Weigh ins for me are Fridays so will check back in with you all regularly to hopefully stay motivated! I'm aiming to exercise in some way every day to get my fitness back up too. How's everyone doing?

• kimba516
    Yay! Welcome!!

• ejslp1984
    ejslp1984 Posts: 3 Member
    Hi!! This group is exactly what I’m looking for! I’m a new first time momma, 6 weeks post partum with a beautiful little girl (Talia Gray) who decided to come 6 weeks early! I live in Washington state so the winter weather is not ideal for walks or jogs outside. I am 5’7 and was 192 when I gave birth. My goal is to be under 145!

I’m also off dairy now because of gas issues and breastfeeding and it’s so sad!! 😂

- Erica
  • Bezchick
    Bezchick Posts: 11 Member
    Hi mommas! I am the mother of 2 beautiful little girls, 2.5yrs and 9 months. My weight fell off at my first but it's sticking around after my second. I'm still breastfeeding so I am trying to be careful about weight loss so I don't affect my milk supply. I have about 30-40lbs to lose. I will be returning to work in March and would like to get on track so maybe I can fit some of my work clothes :persevere:
    I know it won't be an overnight change but I'm ready to get back on track! Looking forward to having a support group of moms :smile:
  • Coral333
    Hi ladies,

Hope you all had a good weekend. I managed 0.8lbs off on Friday. I'll be honest, I was hoping for more but a loss is a loss. Trying to stay on the band wagon this week before Christmas but the chocolate is calling my name haha!
  • kimba516
    So glad you’re all here! @Coral333 I’m off dairy, too, and it’s the worst!!! Hang in there!!

• gad8803
    gad8803 Posts: 5 Member
    edited December 2018
    Hi all, just had my second (5 weeks postpartum)...want to get back into shape. Not doing anything really strenuous yet, since I’m so fresh after baby, but excited to have some accountability partners. With my first I struggled most with cravings for sugary food especially while breastfeeding, so hoping to do better this time around. Not sure when the heck I will find time to workout, but I’m determined. With a 2.5 year old and my newborn, hopefully I’ll get time in the morning, but who knows. Oh and I’m also off dairy, which sucks but I made it last time to somehow, miss my cheese already. Excited to meet you all :)
  • Runningchick11
    gad8803 wrote: »
    Hi all, just had my second (5 weeks postpartum)...want to get back into shape. Not doing anything really strenuous yet, since I’m so fresh after baby, but excited to have some accountability partners. With my first I struggled most with cravings for sugary food especially while breastfeeding, so hoping to do better this time around. Not sure when the heck I will find time to workout, but I’m determined. With a 2.5 year old and my newborn, hopefully I’ll get time in the morning, but who knows. Oh and I’m also off dairy, which sucks but I made it last time to somehow, miss my cheese already. Excited to meet you all :)

Welcome!! Good luck getting back into working out and figuring out your post partum body! We are all here for each other
  • Runningchick11
    I hope everyone has had a great week! Keep up with your goals during the holidays. Is there anything you want to work on during the holidays? I want to not gorge myself and keep running! Limit the cookies and candy!
  • chloecopey7
    chloecopey7 Posts: 21 Member
    Anybody else breast feeding and cant stop eating? Bloody chocolate!!
  • gad8803
    gad8803 Posts: 5 Member
    edited December 2018
    Anybody else breast feeding and cant stop eating? Bloody chocolate!!

Me, me, me! It’s so bad. Not only do I crave all the sweets, but I also just feel hungry all the time! I am never going to lose if I don’t stop eating.
  • Coral333
    @Everestchick11 I want to try and boost my exercise while my husband is off work and can hold on to bubs for an hour and try my hardest not to binge. Been a tough week with celebrations already this week so not anticipating a loss tomorrow.
    Have a great Christmas everyone! Xx
  • kimba516
    Phew! We made it through the holidays. Now on to the new year! I go back to work in 2 weeks and while I’m dreading being away from the baby I do find more time to run when I’m working - lunch running is my favorite!
  • Runningchick11
    Its great to run during lunch, then you are done and the afternoon goes by faster! It is nice to have you time, and running is that for me!
  • SarahNina27
    SarahNina27 Posts: 4 Member
    Hi all, I've interacted with most of you briefly after you were kind enough to reply to my post and then I fell off the face of MFP over the holidays! I'm a mom of two who is struggling to lose the postpartum weight 18 months after my youngest was born. I lost 30 lbs after my first but haven't been able to shake the pregnancy weight (and additional weight since then) yet. I don't like the way I feel physically, and am looking forward to fueling my body properly and getting strong again. Getting back in to my extensive wardrobe that I can't squeeze in to won't hurt either! Thanks to Kimba516 for creating this group!
  • vetvicki
    vetvicki Posts: 62 Member
    Hi everyone, I have a 4yo and 2yo twins, all boys. I lost the baby weight from my first shortly before I got pregnant with the twins. I almost lost the twin baby weight a year ago but put it all back on as soon as the summer was over. Its summer here in NZ again and I'm 10kg over pre-baby weight. I have to get in a bikini in 6 weeks 😣
    I downloaded MFP many years ago but didn't even look at it. I started properly on Jan 1st. Its been a bit of an eye opener already as regards my mindless eating habits and poor choices.
    Not sure how all this community/group stuff works so bear with me!
    Vicki