Foods you find most filling?

13»

Replies

• SwimMighty
    SwimMighty Posts: 38 Member
    An apple! Helps so much when craving! Especially a crunchy one.
  • foreverhealthy3
    foreverhealthy3 Posts: 107 Member
    edited October 2018
    I am needing to eat less craved carbs; and substituting protein, and hearty grains. If I eat steel cut oatmeal, prepared in advance and reheat with a grain toast; holds off cravings for awhile. Other snack options, hard boiled eggs, laughing cow cheese with triscuit crackers; celery slices with peanut butter and a couple of raisins; nuts, cheese slice few strawberries.
  • beckinah
    beckinah Posts: 3 Member
    I think we can all agree to disagree about fat versus carbs for satiety. I believe whatever makes YOU feel full is what will work best. My husband loves soups to feel full. I on the other hand don't feel satisfied enough from a bowl of liquid. I personally like legumes, potatoes and bananas to keep me full. Those usually hit the spot.
  • Safari_Gal
    Safari_Gal Posts: 888 Member
    Anything with raw greens - 2 cups of salad with romaine and I’m good! I made cooked spinach last night / 6 cups steams down to like....nothing lol
  • marycilec
    marycilec Posts: 31 Member
    Beans, rice or corn, tomatoes, avocados, onions, jalapeno make a good, high-protein meal that costs less than most meals with meat.
  • sylvia270
    sylvia270 Posts: 33 Member
    I have been trying to increase fiber and protein to decrease my appetite. Fruits like berries, oranges and melons are said to have water in them to help with feeling full and help with hydration.
  • newtnest
    newtnest Posts: 37 Member
    I find that focusing on getting ENOUGH of the right things keeps my cravings at bay. It's a mind thing. Instead of focusing on what I can't have, I focus on what I have to have, and it feels so much better mentally and physically! I often eat a monster salad for lunch, like a dinner plate of greens and assorted veggies. I will add a Babybel cheese or 1/4 avocado and maybe a few nuts and a small amount of dressing. Seems to work for me every time. Oh, and drinking water helps too!
  • marycilec
    marycilec Posts: 31 Member
    I find pinto bean soup and nachos made of beans and cheese on tortilla chips are very filling
  • njitaliana
    njitaliana Posts: 814 Member
    edited December 2018
    I'm never hungry. I never skip meals and I have an evening snack. My dietitian has me eating up to 1600 calories and she has me set my macros at 40% fat, 30% protein and 30% carbs. I have 3 lbs to go till I have 50 lbs off.