• Safari_Gal
    Safari_Gal Posts: 888 Member
    edited December 2018
    Options
    AB0215 wrote: »
    Daily Post (Sunday)

Track: Yes
    Calories: Yes
    Exercise:Yes, 30 mins elliptical, 30 mins weight training.

Comments: Today is day one of my restart. I am challenging myself to stick to my goals, no matter how hard and not make excuses, so I went to the gym, even though I didn't want to.

And on a side note, I am quite upset right now. I work pretty hard at keeping this challenge running each month, and someone just said something reaaaaally upsetting to me, and I'm trying not to let it get to me, but it is. Basically this person said that it's too complicated to register (and if she had even tried, I would have helped her) and secondly she said that we're offensive, basically making fun of fat people....something I would NEVER do! I mean I'm a fat person myself! I completely understand what it's like to be overweight and have health issues... I just don't understand any of it and I'm trying to shake it off but I can't. I know you can't make everyone happy, but this one is cutting deep because I just don't see it, maybe if I come back to it later, I can see her side, but right now, I just can't. I'm not that person, I help everyone, I go out of my way to help everyone, even if I lose sleep to do it, and I would never ever make fun of anyone who's trying to lose weight and live a healthier lifestyle, it's what I strive for and what I want for each and every one of you, and believe we can get there if we try! So to have someone say that really upset me and she didn't technically say it directed at me, but I'm the primary moderator of this group and I took offense and maybe I shouldn't have, but I did. Sorry, just a rant. I'm going to get past it, and right now I'm going to try and take a nice hot shower to see if that helps!

Yay for day 1! (Humor there :) )

I’m sorry someone was so insensitive. I can personally attest to how generous and hard working you are with this challenge. You’ve always been personable, positive, warm and welcoming. I’m always analyzing and sensitive - so I know how hard it is to brush it off!
    You could always write a note back. Sometimes it really is the other person and their limitations in communication. Most of the time - it’s all about them. All of us in this challenge have registered without a prob. We appreciate you and are so very happy you are here with us. We are all shapes and sizes and I’ve found everyone to be balls of wondrous 🌞 sunshine. Power to the nice posse. 💜
  • tinak33
    tinak33 Posts: 9,883 Member
    Options
    Daily Post (Sunday)

Comments: Today is day one of my restart. I am challenging myself to stick to my goals, no matter how hard and not make excuses, so I went to the gym, even though I didn't want to.

And on a side note, I am quite upset right now. I work pretty hard at keeping this challenge running each month, and someone just said something reaaaaally upsetting to me, and I'm trying not to let it get to me, but it is. Basically this person said that it's too complicated to register (and if she had even tried, I would have helped her) and secondly she said that we're offensive, basically making fun of fat people....something I would NEVER do! I mean I'm a fat person myself! I completely understand what it's like to be overweight and have health issues... I just don't understand any of it and I'm trying to shake it off but I can't. I know you can't make everyone happy, but this one is cutting deep because I just don't see it, maybe if I come back to it later, I can see her side, but right now, I just can't. I'm not that person, I help everyone, I go out of my way to help everyone, even if I lose sleep to do it, and I would never ever make fun of anyone who's trying to lose weight and live a healthier lifestyle, it's what I strive for and what I want for each and every one of you, and believe we can get there if we try! So to have someone say that really upset me and she didn't technically say it directed at me, but I'm the primary moderator of this group and I took offense and maybe I shouldn't have, but I did. Sorry, just a rant. I'm going to get past it, and right now I'm going to try and take a nice hot shower to see if that helps!

I have been in this group for over a year and you have always gone above and beyond with your encouragement, support, understanding, and assistance in everything.
    Don't let 1 person make you doubt yourself. You are amazing, and I think most people here would agree with me when I say you are the best captain anyone could have ever asked for. ❤❤❤
  • Jaydoh120
    Jaydoh120 Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    Username : Jaydoh120
    Week : January Week 1
    PW : 227.1
    CW : 225.5

This is okay but I'm not sure why I have slowed down so much. If I was closer to my goal I would understand but it's a bit disheartening when I still have such a long way to go.

I will keep doing what I have been doing though because I know that all sorts of things can affect the scale reading. It is also shark week so that might have affected things.

I am proud of myself for not gaining over Christmas 😁. My boys both have their birthdays this month so I will have to resist some delicious stuff or else plan ahead like I did for Christmas.

This month my goal is to lose between 5-10lbs since that's what I have been doing every month so far. I don't do new years resolutions but I will promise myself to continue the journey I have already started even when it gets difficult. My weight loss goal is to get to 145-150lbs this year.
  • AB0215
    AB0215 Posts: 7,141 Member
    Options
    Jaydoh120 wrote: »

I will keep doing what I have been doing though because I know that all sorts of things can affect the scale reading. It is also shark week so that might have affected things.

I am proud of myself for not gaining over Christmas 😁. My boys both have their birthdays this month so I will have to resist some delicious stuff or else plan ahead like I did for Christmas

@Jaydoh120 Shark week can most definitely mask weight loss by extra water retention, it's super annoying and unfortunately there's little you can do about it. Hang in there, you're doing an amazing job. You did great with Christmas, and you should absolutely be proud of yourself!!
  • Safari_Gal
    Safari_Gal Posts: 888 Member
    Options
    Daily stats- Day 1 Dec 30
    Tracked: yes
    Calories: under
    Exercise: 30 minutes weights

Jan goals - Happiness & positivity
    I will see my Mom more often, I won’t sweat the small stuff and I’m going to get off more fat and build more muscle!
  • i_SWEAT_n_SWEAR
    i_SWEAT_n_SWEAR Posts: 3,300 Member
    edited December 2018
    Options
    And on a side note, I am quite upset right now. I work pretty hard at keeping this challenge running each month, and someone just said something reaaaaally upsetting to me, and I'm trying not to let it get to me, but it is. Basically this person said that it's too complicated to register (and if she had even tried, I would have helped her) and secondly she said that we're offensive, basically making fun of fat people....

You most definitely have been a motivational force for all of us here @AB0215 IDK why they'd think we'd make fun of anyone with a weight issue---everyone here is battling the scale together. Strange that she'd make that assumption, but that was her mistake. AND I think that she's cheating herself out of a very positive and inspirational experience with this group and especially with you as our leader---so thank you for all the time that you take to support us here Ashley! Sorry that you had to feel that way today. :(<3
  • batgirl140
    batgirl140 Posts: 433 Member
    Options
    Hi! My names Beth. I’m 42 yo. And I’m currently at my highest nonpregnant weight and I’m tired. Im good for a few days but get derailed easily. I need help with motivation and accountability and having a team dependent on you can be very motivating!
    My weigh in day is Friday so I’ll be posting my weight then. Let’s do this!
  • Jaydoh120
    Options
    Jaydoh120 wrote: »

I am proud of myself for not gaining over Christmas 😁. My boys both have their birthdays this month so I will have to resist some delicious stuff or else plan ahead like I did for Christmas

@Jaydoh120 Shark week can most definitely mask weight loss by extra water retention, it's super annoying and unfortunately there's little you can do about it. Hang in there, you're doing an amazing job. You did great with Christmas, and you should absolutely be proud of yourself!!

Thanks Ashley. I am always very hard on myself so I agree with what everyone is saying - you are an awesome team leader. I love reading your encouraging posts to everyone xx
  • gjaholy33
    gjaholy33 Posts: 2,626 Member
    Options
    Daily Post (Sunday)

@AB0215
    PLEASE BE ENCOURAGED I FOR ONE THANK GOD that you were able to STEP UP AND TAKE over leadership for this team when I had to deal with my own personal issues after my dad pass in April. You are truly a Godsend so please please don't let anyone stress you out. You are doing a supreme job in being a leader for this team and even going a step further by checking in and offering guidance when you notice someone hasn't check in awhile. I myself appreciate all you do and are doing and have done. So if I don't say it enough THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU for being there.
  • catvlmack
    catvlmack Posts: 415 Member
    Options
    Daily post: Sunday, December 30th

Tracking: No
    Calories: Over
    Exercise: Yes, walked 20,000 steps.

Happy birthday, well, everyone!!! So many of us!
    @AB0215, I’m a sensitive person, so I totally get why you’re upset, just remember it’s the internet and it’s full of trolls and idiots who use it to make others feel bad. You’re doing a great job and one persons comments doesn’t change that.

So today is New Year’s Eve and a write off, I will hit at least 10,000 steps, but I am going to a friends for a buffet tea and to ignore the new year ( we both have anxiety and New Years sets us both off, so we will be ignoring it together, usually I just try to go to bed early, but I think our new neighbours will be noisy, so I have to go out). Tbh I hate hate hate New Years. Roll on tomorrow when I can forget about it. However saying that, I wish all of you that do enjoy it, a happy new year!
  • digger61
    digger61 Posts: 3,789 Member
    Options
    Daily post: Sunday, December 30th
    Tracking: No
    Calories: Over
    Exercise: No
    Company today to many treats
  • Jaydoh120
    Options
    @gjaholy33 Happy birthday Gloria. I hope you have a blessed year and I pray for your success with the mfp journey 🤗
  • Bm00re2u
    Bm00re2u Posts: 426 Member
    edited December 2018
    Options
    Daily Post (Sunday)

Calories: No
    Exercise: No

Rest day after killer workouts. Had family dinner with my hubby and kids, mom, brother and his family at a yummy local Jamaican restaurant! I was slightly over my calories because of this.
  • Bm00re2u
    Bm00re2u Posts: 426 Member
    edited December 2018
    Options
    gjaholy33 wrote: »
    HAPPY 40TH BIRTHDAY TO ME!
    Also celebrating my mom's 60th birthday!

It's official I AM 40 today! Yay! Me
    I may not be where I want to be healthwise but I thank God for His mercy in allowing me to see another year.

kc2b7dnqe98w.jpg

Track yes
    Calories yes under
    Exercise yes walking 15-20mins
    Water 45oz (need to drink more)
    Goals/comments
    Went to Golden Corral last night and so proud of my self because even though this was a cheat meal I did not over due it. It feels good to feel full after only a little small portion it means that I'm doing something right. Another Non scale victory (NSV)

Anyone else celebrating NSV at the start of 2019?? Share so we all can be encouraged. . . :D:D:D

Happy birthday to you and your mom! That's a great NSV btw! Mine is to drink at least 60oz of water per day because I am horrible at drinking enough 🤦
  • kathleenford04
    kathleenford04 Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    SW: 168
    GW: 163

Alright, time to get back at it! I’m Kathleen, stay at home mom to a 1 and 1/2 year old. I’m down about 30 pounds and have about 30 to go to what I think is my goal weight. Ive been in this group for two months, but was MIA for most of December due to stomach flu, then strep, then a bad cough and traveling. Phew. So excited to get back to it! Getting to 163 by the end of this month would put me at pre-baby weight!
  • AB0215
    Options
    batgirl140 wrote: »
    Hi! My names Beth. I’m 42 yo. And I’m currently at my highest nonpregnant weight and I’m tired. Im good for a few days but get derailed easily. I need help with motivation and accountability and having a team dependent on you can be very motivating!
    My weigh in day is Friday so I’ll be posting my weight then. Let’s do this!

@batgirl140 Welcome Beth! I get that, I had a lot less energy at my highest weight. Changing my eating habits and adding in more exercise, slowly until you build up to it, it does take a little bit to get there, but it will all help with your energy levels! You got this!!
  • AB0215
    Options
    gjaholy33 wrote: »
    @AB0215
    PLEASE BE ENCOURAGED I FOR ONE THANK GOD that you were able to STEP UP AND TAKE over leadership for this team when I had to deal with my own personal issues after my dad pass in April. You are truly a Godsend so please please don't let anyone stress you out. You are doing a supreme job in being a leader for this team and even going a step further by checking in and offering guidance when you notice someone hasn't check in awhile. I myself appreciate all you do and are doing and have done. So if I don't say it enough THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU for being there.

@gjaholy33 Thank you, that means a lot. I really want you guys to do well! I do what I can and I'm glad it helps you! I'm also really glad to see you're back in the game and you're doing better for yourself.
    Enjoy your special day, I know I will when mine comes in Feb :smile:
This discussion has been closed.