TEAM: The Slimsons (January)

Options

Replies

• Elsiebeane
    Elsiebeane Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    HI all! I hope you had a great weekend. :)
    Is this where I post my weigh in?
    I will and if I'm wrong someone let me know.
    SW 328
    CW 326.2
    Loss for week - 1.8
  • AB0215
    AB0215 Posts: 7,141 Member
    Options
    catvlmack wrote: »
    Happy birthday, well, everyone!!! So many of us!
    @AB0215, I’m a sensitive person, so I totally get why you’re upset, just remember it’s the internet and it’s full of trolls and idiots who use it to make others feel bad. You’re doing a great job and one persons comments doesn’t change that.

So today is New Year’s Eve and a write off, I will hit at least 10,000 steps, but I am going to a friends for a buffet tea and to ignore the new year ( we both have anxiety and New Years sets us both off, so we will be ignoring it together, usually I just try to go to bed early, but I think our new neighbours will be noisy, so I have to go out). Tbh I hate hate hate New Years. Roll on tomorrow when I can forget about it. However saying that, I wish all of you that do enjoy it, a happy new year!
    @catvlmack The funny thing is that I'm not sensitive, but I think this one touched a nerve because I really try to help everyone and I really appreciate the encouraging comments, I really debated on whether or not I was even going to say anything, I'm generally the type of person to deal with that sort of stuff internally, but I was hoping that I could let go faster if I just said it out loud and it did help, so there's that.

We've (hubby and I) have been invited to 2 different New Year's Eve parties and with how I'm feeling today, I don't want to go to either. It's raining here and I woke up with a terrible headache so I'm hoping that as the day goes on, it will get better. And I might go, if I'm feeling up to it later, but I normally just go to bed, it's really just another day for me. I don't really focus on celebrations (unless it's my birthday--that day is my favorite day out of the year). But I think my hubby wants to hang out with our friends and I'm really trying to be more outgoing these days, something this group has really helped me with, and I might just go for a little bit. The downside is I won't have time for a nap so I'll just have to survive but we will see what happens.
  • AB0215
    Options
    SW: 168
    GW: 163

Alright, time to get back at it! I’m Kathleen, stay at home mom to a 1 and 1/2 year old. I’m down about 30 pounds and have about 30 to go to what I think is my goal weight. Ive been in this group for two months, but was MIA for most of December due to stomach flu, then strep, then a bad cough and traveling. Phew. So excited to get back to it! Getting to 163 by the end of this month would put me at pre-baby weight!

@kathleenford04 Welcome back! You got this!
  • digger61
    digger61 Posts: 3,803 Member
    Options
    Ya more snow to shovel but it's a great workout. Last day of the year. I hope all have a safe and happy day. Grandchildren and their parents arrive today and tomorrow all the kids and the rest of the grandchildren arrive for a turkey dinner. I am really going to have to watch my calories and make the right choices. I know it's up to me alone to do it.
  • AB0215
    Options
    digger61 wrote: »
    Ya more snow to shovel but it's a great workout. Last day of the year. I hope all have a safe and happy day. Grandchildren and their parents arrive today and tomorrow all the kids and the rest of the grandchildren arrive for a turkey dinner. I am really going to have to watch my calories and make the right choices. I know it's up to me alone to do it.

@digger61 You are right, only you can control what you eat, but it is also a challenge! You got this though!
  • vicky2767
    vicky2767 Posts: 2,472 Member
    Options
    Elsiebeane wrote: »
    HI all! I hope you had a great weekend. :)
    Is this where I post my weigh in?
    I will and if I'm wrong someone let me know.
    SW 328
    CW 326.2
    Loss for week - 1.8

Well done !!!!!
  • batgirl140
    batgirl140 Posts: 433 Member
    Options
    @batgirl140 Welcome Beth! I get that, I had a lot less energy at my highest weight. Changing my eating habits and adding in more exercise, slowly until you build up to it, it does take a little bit to get there, but it will all help with your energy levels! You got this!!

@AB215, exercise is key as I’m finding now that 40 is past me. Just need to do it! My plans are for activity after my boys get on the bus in the morning.

Here’s a question: As the soul food shopper in the house I find it hard staying away from snacks.

What does everyone do, aside from not going hungry, to keep the snacks and junk on the shelf and not in your cart?? Thanks!
  • CindyJNC1963
    CindyJNC1963 Posts: 895 Member
    Options
    AB0215 wrote: »
    Daily Post (Sunday)

And on a side note, I am quite upset right now. I work pretty hard at keeping this challenge running each month, and someone just said something reaaaaally upsetting to me, and I'm trying not to let it get to me, but it is. Basically this person said that it's too complicated to register (and if she had even tried, I would have helped her) and secondly she said that we're offensive, basically making fun of fat people....

I am really sorry that this happened. I have NEVER seen anyone made fun of in this group. It has been 100% supportive. I think in the general section of the forum people sometimes make fun of new people, but I have never seen it in this group so I have no idea what she's talking about. You are an awesome group leader....don't let one sour grape get you down.

• CindyJNC1963
    CindyJNC1963 Posts: 895 Member
    Options
    gjaholy33 wrote: »
    HAPPY 40TH BIRTHDAY TO ME!
    Also celebrating my mom's 60th birthday!

Happy Birthday!!

• Safari_Gal
    Safari_Gal Posts: 888 Member
    Options
    batgirl140 wrote: »
    @batgirl140 Welcome Beth! I get that, I had a lot less energy at my highest weight. Changing my eating habits and adding in more exercise, slowly until you build up to it, it does take a little bit to get there, but it will all help with your energy levels! You got this!!

@AB215, exercise is key as I’m finding now that 40 is past me. Just need to do it! My plans are for activity after my boys get on the bus in the morning.

Here’s a question: As the soul food shopper in the house I find it hard staying away from snacks.

What does everyone do, aside from not going hungry, to keep the snacks and junk on the shelf and not in your cart?? Thanks!

If it isn’t good for my health- it doesn’t go in my cart! For Christmas every sweet treat that came our way got regifted. 😬 I was having a hard time saying no to wine so I boxed it all up and gave it away. It’s the hardest if it is in my house, so I decided not to have it in my house. I buy lots of low glycemic vegetables instead. I decided I had to make better choices for my health.
    I kind of like the idea of my house being a health food tabernacle. Lol
  • AB0215
    Options

@batgirl140 I, too, am the sole food shopper and my husband makes it sort of hard, he at least now eats the same type of food as me, he tends to like to snack a lot more than I can afford to with my calorie limits, and that does make it hard because believe me when I say this, I want to eat allll the foods. I feel like the trick is thinking of food in a way that makes it easier to pass on the things that won't help you reach your goals, before you eat it, you think...if I eat this, will I be closer to my goal or farther away. I think it makes it easier to pass on things that don't help when you realize you're eating for your goals and not for any other reason...but there isn't a magic thing other than just not buying it...and it helps to find snacks that are on your plan, like me, I tend to gravitate toward sugar free jello and I make "snow cones" out of ice in my blender and mio water enhancers (or generic versions) (0 calories, 0 carbs), that helps, makes me feel like I'm getting a treat, but low or no calories...some ideas...I'm sure we all have our tricks...
  • Safari_Gal
    Options
    Hi! My names Beth. I’m 42 yo. And I’m currently at my highest nonpregnant weight and I’m tired. Im good for a few days but get derailed easily. I need help with motivation and accountability and having a team dependent on you can be very motivating!
    My weigh in day is Friday so I’ll be posting my weight then. Let’s do this!

Hi Beth! Let’s do this!!
    gjaholy33 wrote: »
    HAPPY 40TH BIRTHDAY TO ME!
    Also celebrating my mom's 60th birthday!

It's official I AM 40 today! Yay! Me
    I may not be where I want to be healthwise but I thank God for His mercy in allowing me to see another year.

kc2b7dnqe98w.jpg

Track yes
    Calories yes under
    Exercise yes walking 15-20mins
    Water 45oz (need to drink more)
    Goals/comments
    Went to Golden Corral last night and so proud of my self because even though this was a cheat meal I did not over due it. It feels good to feel full after only a little small portion it means that I'm doing something right. Another Non scale victory (NSV)

Anyone else celebrating NSV at the start of 2019?? Share so we all can be encouraged. . . :D:D:D

Happy Birthday!!!🎉Yes a big thank you for God and the many mercies he has shown me!

Have a wonderful birthday for you and Mom!
  • Safari_Gal
    Options
    hkmz95u3sxi8.jpeg

Have a very happy new year everyone!!
  • Elsiebeane
    Elsiebeane Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    Question to all/any... Is this the only thread for interaction with each other or is there a thread for everyone in all groups too?
  • AB0215
    Options
    Elsiebeane wrote: »
    Question to all/any... Is this the only thread for interaction with each other or is there a thread for everyone in all groups too?

There is a thread that you can chat with others from other groups.
    https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10698519/youre-welcome#latest
  • NuggetBrain
    NuggetBrain Posts: 526 Member
    Options
    Username:NuggetBrain
    Weigh in week: January Week 1
    Weigh in day: Monday
    Previous Week's weight: 273
    Todays Weight: 273
  • i_SWEAT_n_SWEAR
    i_SWEAT_n_SWEAR Posts: 3,302 Member
    edited January 2019
    Options
    HAPPY 40TH BIRTHDAY GLORIA (and to your Mom)!! @gjaholy33
    ----AND HAPPY NEW YEAR!! <3
  • i_SWEAT_n_SWEAR
    i_SWEAT_n_SWEAR Posts: 3,302 Member
    Options
    Daily post: Sunday, December 31st - NEW YEARS EVE!!!!

Tracking: Yes
    Calories: Yes, under
    Exercise: Yes - 60 min. Tabata Spin Class and 60 min Inclined Treadmill walk 3 miles (with my son! :)<3 )

:)<3<3 HAPPY NEW YEAR ALL!!! <3<3:)
This discussion has been closed.