Your Daily Beverages

Replies

• arguablysamson
    arguablysamson Posts: 1,706 Member
    I drink a LOT of pepsi max :/ about 2 liters a day

Dang!

Careful of kidney stones. Be sure you are getting an equal amount of distilled water.
  • ArizonaToast
    ArizonaToast Posts: 231 Member
    Has anyone had success drinking Crystal Light as their low calorie beverage? I like the peach tea mix, but worry the fake sugar would create an insulin release.
  • arguablysamson
    Has anyone had success drinking Crystal Light as their low calorie beverage? I like the peach tea mix, but worry the fake sugar would create an insulin release.

Yes, it's fine. It will not create an insulin response.
  • nadel2016
    nadel2016 Posts: 25 Member
    Wondering about the answers here about insulin responses for different drinks .
    Was reading about it and says the opposite so how can you say it’s ok to drink diet pop, Chrystal light, stevia etc ?
  • bandwidthbandit
    bandwidthbandit Posts: 74 Member
    I always looked at it from the perspective of a diabetic. If there was an insulin response from no-calorie drinks, wouldn't medical professionals dissuade diabetics from consumption? I am not a doctor, but I do have a diabetic aunt who lives off of Diet Coke.

I don't drink artificially sweetened drinks as a general rule, but only because I am not fond of the flavor. Others here may have more insight, though.
  • vaughnche
    vaughnche Posts: 10 Member
    I drink mostly water. I have a green tea when I wake up and make some unsweetened iced tea to sip while at work. I'm not a big fan of coffee, and if I have a diet soda, it's always with my meal and not during my fasting period.
  • RED26RED
    RED26RED Posts: 7 Member
    Is there anything wrong with coffee, almond milk and splenda as my beverage?
  • tlblanksfit
    tlblanksfit Posts: 1,573 Member
    Would this be with your meal or during your fasting time?
  • RED26RED
    That would be during fasting time.
  • tlblanksfit
    tlblanksfit Posts: 1,573 Member
    It is recommended to drink calorie free beverages during fasting times. The almond milk will add some calories. I would say see how it is affecting your losses and if you are still losing continue, but if you see where you are stalling or not losing then try your coffee without the milk,
  • RED26RED
    edited April 2018
    Thank you tlblanksfit :-)
  • Eddy_65
    Eddy_65 Posts: 66 Member
    Preferred drinks for me during fasting are: water, unsweetened tea, diet soda, or, when feeling fancy, plain sparkling water with a slice of lemon or lime.
  • vaughnche
    vaughnche Posts: 10 Member
    Water water water. I also usually have a cup of unsweet tea at work, and there's a blackberry sparkling water that I drink every once in a while.
  • KatsNewYear
    KatsNewYear Posts: 47 Member
    red rose black tea, water, seltzer water, english breakfast tea, later in the evening red wine.
  • Ameks711
    Ameks711 Posts: 2 Member
    I prefer to stick to a clean fast. I don’t want to trigger a release of insulin anytime during my fast.

Morning: One cup of black brewed coffee with no sugar or sweetners.
    Daytime: One bottle of San Pelligrino and sometimes spring water when my SP is done early.
    Dinner: Spring water, sm glass of milk or sometimes wine or sparkling wine. More Spring Water during the evening and if I wake up during the night to soothe my dry throat.
  • Bearded_Beast2019
    Bearded_Beast2019 Posts: 262 Member
    litterally all i drink through the day is one black coffee and water. atleast a gallon a day.
  • kendria_c
    kendria_c Posts: 2 Member
    I am hoping I am not the only one! I prefer a cup of decaf coffee in the morning or early afternoon but I want cream and sweetener in it. I can't be the only one! I looked through all of the comments and don't seem to find anyone who does that. I have tried black coffee and just can't do it. Am I just going to have to give up coffee altogether? I don't foresee that being something I will do for life. Thank you for your help and advice!
  • arguablysamson
    Gotta keep your coffee calorie-free or you will have limited success.
  • WholeFoods4Lyfe
    WholeFoods4Lyfe Posts: 1,517 Member
    Right now I'm doing about 20oz of coffee in the morning with a couple of splashes of cream and some Stevia. I'm not quite ready to give up my cream just yet, but I will. Maybe when I finish this carton, we'll see.

The rest of the day I drink water. I keep a large stainless steel tumbler on my desk and sip on it all day refilling frequently.

I'll occasionally have an unsweetened iced tea.

I love Diet Soda, but I can go off the rails pretty quickly with it and try to only have it when we go out to dinner.
  • Expatmommy79
    Expatmommy79 Posts: 940 Member
    I have this 0cal squish syrup that I add to my water during the day it has caffeine and some B vitamins in it. I’m just going to keep it in unless I hit a big stall or so. But for now I need it to get the water down.