Jan 6
    Yes x 3 , walked an hour
  • djinn924
    djinn924 Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    Exercise: yes
    Calories: yes
    Tracking yes

Today was the easiest day so far no cravings high energy and I was able to get allot of work done around the house.

Discipline = Freedom
  • MadisonMolly2017
    MadisonMolly2017 Posts: 11,031 Member
    Options
    jan110144 wrote: »
    Exercise ... this is such an essential element for me. It helps to curb my appetite and it gives me an overall feeling of well-being. At 74, it is also crucial to keep me off of medications and moving!

My normal daily activity orior to MFP was riding. One of the reasons I got really serious about losing weight and getting fitter was moving into the upper levels of riding dressage. This level of riding requires significant core strength in addition to aerobic figness. So, in addition to riding I have added rowing (6 days a week) and strength training (3 days a week). These have had a super positive effect on my riding (and losing weight :smile: ). Finally, I added 60 minutes of pool exercises (primarily stretching and range of motion) as my recovery day off-horse exercise on non-strength training days.

As a result of all of this, I am actually in the best overall physical condition of my adult life and at the best weight since high school! I have never felt better.

Message ... it is never too late (although it might be a bit easier when you're younger :smile: )

@jan110144
    WOW WOW WOW!
    This post is the most inspiring one I have read in 397 days on MFP. I am in awe of you.

I will have to look into rowing and doing more stretches.

Thank you incredibly much, Jan.
  • Llamapants86
    Llamapants86 Posts: 1,221 Member
    Options
    Yes x 3 😁
  • AlecLightwool
    AlecLightwool Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Jan 6
    Exercise: yes, running
    Calories: under
    Tracked: yes
  • jan110144
    jan110144 Posts: 1,281 Member
    Options
    Yes x 3, although a bit of a squeaker as I was much closer to calorie allowance ce than usual.
  • MadisonMolly2017
    Options
    1/6

Exercise? Yes, over 3 and 1/2 hours total. Walk for 75 minutes in the village with DH. The rest was devoted to multiple 20-30 minute sessions of indoor aerobic exercise videos with Leslie Sansone, Gilad, and Jane. It was a grueling day for me...as it seemed I was forever trying to "catch up," but it beat taking a pass. Serves me right for starting off the day with poor choices (cookies and a doughnut). Lesson learned? You would think so...but a repeat performance is not out of the realm of possibilities in the future. I am not infallible...but let's hope the next incident with poor choices starting the day is in the distant future!
    Calories? Under by less than 100
    Tracked? Yes

@w8goal4life I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again.
    You Inspire Me Daily!!!!
  • MadisonMolly2017
    Options
    Hi All,
    UAC just saved the day for me Again.

Had 6 mins of exercise & cold & raining outside— didn’t want to face it.

All your talk about HIIT etc soo got on exercise bike, thought I’d do 20 mins, then my fingers punched in 30 min HIIT then I kept going to meet my Active calorie burned minimum of 500. Ended up with 63 mins of exercise so far. Will post final at bedtime.

THANK YOU!!
  • bisonpitcher
    bisonpitcher Posts: 519 Member
    Options
    1st day back from trip - Jan. 6

Exercise: Yes. Bowling in league for 2.5 hours

Calories: Yes. Under by 85. Back on track here.

Tracked: Yes.

Goals not met days this month: 2
  • RangerRickL
    RangerRickL Posts: 8,469 Member
    Options
    @corriepelc Since you walked over 12,000 steps on your 'rest' day, you are definitely getting more than 20 minutes per day of exercise. Well done!!
  • RangerRickL
    RangerRickL Posts: 8,469 Member
    Options
    Very cool and rainy in Arizona. My asthma is triggered by cool humid air. I exercised indoors today.
    Calories; under my limit be a nice margin

Tracking: good
  • holly2e
    holly2e Posts: 300 Member
    Options
    Calories: yes
    Tracked: yes
    Exercise: yes, 20 min stairs
  • BMcC9
    BMcC9 Posts: 4,408 Member
    Options
    Sorry if this is a repeat, but better to report twice than not at all ...
    Jan 6:
    Exercise: Yes - 49 minutes on the mini-trampoline
    Calories under: Yes
    Everything tracked: Yes
  • KCJen
    KCJen Posts: 1,089 Member
    Options
    Date: Jan 6
    Exercise Tracked In MFP: Treadmill off day, but 20 minutes of activity today
    Calories and Water Tracked In MFP: Yes
    Within Daily Calorie Range: No
    Extra:
    Daily Water Goal: No
    Pass Day Count: 6
    Disqualified but still posting to develop my healthy habits : )

• 57discovery
    57discovery Posts: 3,135 Member
    Options
    Yes to all