Snacks for airplanes?!?

Options
misty1535
misty1535 Posts: 2 Member
Hey guys! I just started Keto on the 2nd and am feeling pretty motivated on it. However, I have a vacation this weekend and I’m a bit nervous it’s going to screw me up, specifically the airport and plane rides.
Any suggestions on easy food/snacks to take on the plane? So far I have only come up with a cheese stick and some almonds 😕
Thanks!!!

Replies

• cinnygirl38
    cinnygirl38 Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    I'm flying Monday, here's what am taking. Duke's short sausages, pepperoni stix, macadamia nuts, individual Justins almond butter packs and an almond peanut blend called Barney's butter. Mind you, I'm taking just a couple of these on the plane with me since it's a short flight, but I'm going to be gone all week so I'm planning on not being able to eat any of the food I'm offered (work) - so I need some things to keep me from starving for a week.
  • cinnygirl38
    cinnygirl38 Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    I travel a LOT for work and this is my first trip since starting LC back in late November. I'm doing so well staying away from the carbs and I am super nervous too. I hate being stuck eating what is served and not having a choice. All the meals are super carb heavy! I don't want to go off plan!
  • gedanjj
    gedanjj Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I'm flying to the Philippines from LAX on Thursday, and I'm taking (1) Kirkland (Costco) protein bars, (2) pork rinds, (3) peanut butter/Walden Farms jelly tortilla wraps using low carb tortillas....
  • tcunbeliever
    tcunbeliever Posts: 8,219 Member
    Options
    I usually don't eat when I travel, but I like beefsticks or jerky for portable snacking.
  • misty1535
    misty1535 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Thanks all! Got some good options in there. Really appreciate the help!
  • swagosweetheart
    swagosweetheart Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    gedanjj wrote: »
    I'm flying to the Philippines from LAX on Thursday, and I'm taking (1) Kirkland (Costco) protein bars, (2) pork rinds, (3) peanut butter/Walden Farms jelly tortilla wraps using low carb tortillas....

I find it very difficult to "not eat" the airline food on asian airlines. It's all so good and yet, there are so many rice and noodle items. Also the flights are so long, that you have to carry a lot of food. Last time I flew to Asia, it was 36 hours and they wanted to feed us every 6 hours!!! Have a fun trip!