How often do you eat?

Options
I'm hungry all the time since starting keto....

Replies

• RAFLowCarb
    RAFLowCarb Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Sorry to hear that. What are your calorie limits set too? I would start at a high amount (relative to you and you activity level) to get fat adapted then you’ll find it much easier to reduce intake after.
  • gimmekimchee_x
    gimmekimchee_x Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    It's set to 1900 calories a day
  • gimmekimchee_x
    Options
    I'm a big girl lol
  • gimmekimchee_x
    Options
    cgcrutch wrote: »
    Ur brain will always tell u ur hungry if it's expecting sugar. My first time doing keto I ate until I almost vomited from being so full, but everything was low carb and my brain STILL kept saying EAT SOMETHING! After breaking the sugar addiction my brain pretty much stopped saying eat, and i only ate to stop my stomach growling.

Thank you, that is interesting. I AM just starting so I will keep this in mind and hope I stop feeling hungry.

A friend told me I am not eating enough fat. Am I supposed to eat more fat than protein? I thought it was more protein than fat and almost no carbs?
  • cgcrutch
    cgcrutch Posts: 223 Member
    Options

Thank you, that is interesting. I AM just starting so I will keep this in mind and hope I stop feeling hungry.

A friend told me I am not eating enough fat. Am I supposed to eat more fat than protein? I thought it was more protein than fat and almost no carbs?

It may not have anything to do with fat and protein. It may just be sugar withdrawal. I'd say, willpower and/or low carb snacking. So u can be SURE ur full, not hungry, and you'll realize the hunger is in ur head. Also, it's possible u could actually be hungry too!
  • gimmekimchee_x
    Options
    Thank you!!
  • qweck3
    qweck3 Posts: 346 Member
    Options
    Since you are new to keto your body is going through the major change in what has been fueling it previously. Keto Flu is a possibility so stock up on some Powerade Zero and put a teaspoon of salt in it as needed.

Don't be too strict on the calories end this early on if you are hungry. Spend the rest of this month focusing on keeping those carbs in check while maxing out the protein and eating fat up to the point of satiety. The first two to three weeks are the roughest then things settle down.

Keto isn't a WOE that you should ever be hungry. I never once was and lost 55 pounds in less than a year with it.

As you enter February you will find yourself being less and less hungry if you are following strict keto which will then allow you to drop the calories and fat intake without thinking about it. Snowball effect as you start losing fat, weight, start to feel better and on and on.

Eventually you will become fat adapted and that is like running on premium fuel with non-stop energy.
  • Sunny_Bunny_
    Sunny_Bunny_ Posts: 7,140 Member
    Options
    Ur brain will always tell u ur hungry if it's expecting sugar. My first time doing keto I ate until I almost vomited from being so full, but everything was low carb and my brain STILL kept saying EAT SOMETHING! After breaking the sugar addiction my brain pretty much stopped saying eat, and i only ate to stop my stomach growling.

So here’s the problem with the statement “eat more fat than protein”
    What method of measure do they mean? Most people are saying it using grams of fat and protein but that’s not how it’s intended. The measure is calories. So when they say to eat more fat than protein, or as I usually hear it, to eat twice as much fat as protein, it’s supposed to be in calories. Therefore eating say 100g protein at 400 calories to 88g fat , 800 calories, is twice as many fat as protein.
    People repeat all kinds of misunderstood things about keto. Even people that otherwise seem reputable.
    Listen to experts like Phinney.

• Malimalai
    Malimalai Posts: 273 Member
    Options
    I'm a newbie too and still learning .For my weight and height,1200- 1300 calories a day is more than my BMR cal requirement.I'm too lazy to exercise.I try to eat close to 75% good fat,20% protein and 5% fat.Now,I eat only when I feel hungry.I used to eat all the time when I wasn't even hungry.Drink lot of water and eat lot of vegetables help too.I'm losing weight so I'm happy so far.I hope you stick with this diet. 👍🥑🥗💖
  • nvmomketo
    nvmomketo Posts: 12,019 Member
    Options
    I could be a bit if a need for more sodium too. I've heard a few people say that they feel hungry or tired when electrolytes are low
  • FrecklePatch
    FrecklePatch Posts: 71 Member
    Options

Same. I just rolled with it this time.
  • Malimalai
    Malimalai Posts: 273 Member
    Options
    I'm a newbie too and still learning .For my weight and height,1200- 1300 calories a day is more than my BMR cal requirement.I'm too lazy to exercise.I try to eat close to 75% good fat,20% protein and 5% carbs.Now,I eat only when I feel hungry.I used to eat all the time when I wasn't even hungry.Drink lot of water and eat lot of vegetables help too.I'm losing weight so I'm happy so far.I hope you stick with this diet. 👍🥑🥗💖

• tattoomary
    tattoomary Posts: 44 Member
    Options

This is exactly where I am at the moment. Not hungry but want to eat :/ Day 2....looking forward to when I stop wanting carbs ;)
  • KarlaYP
    KarlaYP Posts: 4,439 Member
    Options
    @tattoomary hang in there a few more days, and get through the carb withdrawals first and then you will be amazed at how wonderful Keto can be for you! Not being hungry is really weird at first, because sugar keeps us starving all the time!! You can do this!! Keep calm and Keto on (KCKO!)