When you come in from work what’s your go to snack?

Options
2»

Replies

• keezo1
    keezo1 Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    Pickles or cheese
  • NicoleL874
    NicoleL874 Posts: 684 Member
    Options
    Pocket meat, cheese stick, or protein shake
    What is pocket meat?

• NicoleL874
    NicoleL874 Posts: 684 Member
    Options
    We have tins of smoked oysters. Love them. We buy them by the flat (pack of 10 tins)! Walmart sells Reese brand, best we've found and their large or colossal are the best! They sell them near the canned tuna.

I LOVE the "pickled" egg idea! Going to totally gross out my boyfriend with that one next time I finish a jar, heh!

• tierrafuego
    tierrafuego Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Nuts or cheese, appreciating every bite. I do have to count them out before I start though.
  • KarlaYP
    KarlaYP Posts: 4,439 Member
    Options
    I will have to try the pickled eggs too! I keep the big jars of pickles mainly for the pickle juice to help with occasional headaches and leg cramps, but will be willing to use some for this!
  • dkginger
    dkginger Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    I do nuts. I count out 5 almonds and 5 pecans.
    I've been making pickled eggs in leftover pickle brine for years!
  • camtosh
    camtosh Posts: 898 Member
    Options
    canadjineh wrote: »
    Cheese or pickled eggs.
    I usually eat too much cheese if I choose it after work (coming in from shift at 5:30 AM) and my tummy isn't exactly happy if I eat that just before I head to bed (asleep by 6 AM). Pickled eggs work a bit better as I don't overdo it with them. I just do it the lazy way: hard boil eggs, peel, stick in ex-pickle jar (juice left after the pickles are gone) along with some whole peppercorns, extra dill and thinly sliced onion if you like, and top off with extra vinegar. Don't touch for at least 1 week - then they are perfect.
    Yummier with extra pink salt in your hand to lick up as you eat them.

wow, I am making these this weekend! thanks @canadjineh
  • canadjineh
    canadjineh Posts: 5,396 Member
    Options
    I'm all about shortcuts. If you want really interesting pickled eggs pack them fairly tight in the jar and fill in brine level with very good old balsamic. You will get amazing spotted eggs with a lovely rich brown color and white spots where they've been pressed against the glass or each other. If I find a picture I took of mine a while ago, I'll post it here again. They look and taste so neat.
  • maddog1769
    maddog1769 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Chicharrones