Getting on the wagon again.....

Options
DawnCumm
DawnCumm Posts: 212 Member

Please tell me your secret to get back on track when you swayed off a little (or a lot). I have gone three days eating what I should not with visitors over the weekend, etc. Gained 1.5 pounds so hopefully I will take that off this week for a quick turn-a-round but wondered what are the tricks of the trade everyone uses? Getting started for me is always a little hard still not a habit that can not be broken, so this made me think maybe others have tips on how they get back on that wagon. For me I need to just start, one foot in front of the other makes me feel I am making progress, it is the start that seems to be difficult but once I drink my protein drink and take my am walk I am somewhat refreshed. Just interested in what everyone does to kick them into healthy choices. Welcome all thoughts, ideas, actions.....

Replies

• SimplementeSM
    SimplementeSM Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    So one thing mu nutritionist recommended was to sent a date when I would be done with my "diet vacation". Much like a real vacation, it can't last forever and we gotta get back to real life 😊 kinda silly, but I hope it helps!
  • KarlaYP
    KarlaYP Posts: 4,439 Member
    Options
    Yesterday is not today. That was a good time with friends but it doesn’t have to carry over into more than just that. You have that ability because you deserve the results of what it takes!

I get those foods out of my home so there isn’t any lingering temptation. I take them to work and let the people at work eat them or they just go in the garbage if there’s anything leftover.

That pound and a half is likely just water weight from eating off plan and will be gone quickly too once you’ve spent a couple of days back at it!

• DawnCumm
    Options
    One day at a time, but feel good about my choices the last few days. I love the idea of getting back to real life and stop the 'food' vacation. And I did rid my home of it all, gave it to my kids and their kids to eat away....they were super happy!
  • Molliepops35
    Molliepops35 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I find having an incentive helps - a goal to reach, which is time-based and has a worthwhile reason. For me, its my upcoming holiday. I know that the holiday will come around whether I stick to my diet or not - and i do not want to spend another vacation covering up in flowy kaftans!

Set small, achievable targets - like a calorie total for the day - and record your success. soon each day will add up and you'll have lots of little successes.

I also visualise - I imagine myself easily zipping up my favourite (currently too small) suede skirt and feeling great - keep thinking of the results you'll achieve,over and over.

You've done it before - remember how good you felt - less sluggish, full of energy.

Design your own life. At the end of the day YOU are in control of your own body. You choose what goes into your mouth. You choose how much you move in a day. You can choose to keep on track or not - the only person you are cheating is yourself, so treat yourself to a wonderful new slim body instead!! YOU CAN DO IT xx

• NicoleL874
    NicoleL874 Posts: 684 Member
    Options
    Getting the crap out is a great first step!

Now, about food vacations...I cannot allow myself to take them. That's how I am facing this regain and struggling to get it back off! It's such a slippery slope that I cannot allow myself that option! If I make ONE bad decision, I live, I move on. If it's even a whole day, my goal the next day is perfection with my food. Right now, I'm really trying to control every bite I take, trying to decide if it's worth it, if I need it, if there's an available alternative that's better.
  • HLaR79
    HLaR79 Posts: 1,519 Member
    Options
    Food diary! My surgeon said the number one reason he sees people gain weight is that they don’t log their food! Not necessarily daily, but certainly regularly! For example I log 4 days a week no matter what that day brings.
  • DawnCumm
    Options
    Some really good advice ladies. I do have a goal, Jamaica in March at a huge music event. I totally can not cover up. Logging, reading, trying to make sure I keep my mind on the goal. Plus been exercising as best I can, hoping that will help me feel more confident with skimpier clothing. Plus I want to do tons of physical stuff while there. Hiking, rafting, snorkeling, etc. LOL I doubt I will ever feel that confident physically but finding clothing items that can cover the areas I don't like. Found some wonderful swim pants and those alone are making me feel really happy. My legs are the worst, I can deal with my arms showing....not pretty but way better than those thighs. : )
  • abcmommyx3
    abcmommyx3 Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    I start by logging my food and aim for 30 min of exercise a day even if it is just a walk. Then I will move on with tweaking my food choice to include more protein and veggies