Small Win!

Options
brittlb07
brittlb07 Posts: 313 Member
I know you ladies in this group specifically will appreciate this as I didn't want to post in my other groups as to rub it in as I know some other members are losing dozens of pounds so to them I am a joke...

But anyways... I start by saying that I am VERY short... I am 5'4 and have a very petite frame. Anything over 130 on my frame is not flattering, and really, 120 is healthy. I was anywhere between 110-120 in my high school and early 20's. After having two kids at 22 and 25, I spent a lot of time in the 125-130's. After a bought of depression this year with a family issue, I knew I had gained weight, but never knew just how much. I stepped on the scale on January 1st at 146! I didn't even get to 146 while pregnant with my first baby! As you can imagine, I was mortified.

I have always "dieted" on and off in my life. Heck- at 118 in my college days I fought to get to 110 (I should add I suffered from body dysmorphia syndrome at the time). What I'd give to be 118 today at the age of 30! When I stepped on the scale this year, I decided that this was the last day I'd ever weigh 146. I was getting sloppy and emotionally eating and I knew it. Now I KNEW it at 146 now that the scale validated this.

After 21 days of eating healthier and counting calories (honestly no formal exercise...I thought I'd introduce that in the spring when it's warmer and it's a fight to lose those last five-ten pounds!) I have lost 6 pounds and I am in the 130's.... even if 139.9 haha! While emotionally this is a win and celebration to be out of the 140's... a number I hadn't seen except PREGNANT... it is disheartening to think that I am still not even where I was when I started watching my weight even this time last year when I was 137 and got down to 130. This time is different, though. I am taking care of my mental health first and foremost. I also have support of my wonderful husband. And I feel a drive and push within me that I didn't have when I started this mission the last several times.

Thanks for letting me share my story and my successes!

Replies

• JRIV60
    JRIV60 Posts: 732 Member
    Options
    Congrats on the scale victory. :) Keep up the momentum and take a moment to measure yourself. It gives you another way to confirm you're on the right track even when the scale teeters.
  • Niki_Fitz
    Niki_Fitz Posts: 945 Member
    Options
    Congrats on your progress!
  • JBanx256
    JBanx256 Posts: 1,471 Member
    Options
    congrats
  • lbride
    lbride Posts: 248 Member
    Options
    That's great! Exercise is really not necessary to lose weight (but is great when it comes time to "tone up". ).
  • SimplyMicheleR
    SimplyMicheleR Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    Every little bit counts, don't let anyone tell you otherwise. We get to our goals with babysteps, and every one is a victory to me!
  • lbride
    lbride Posts: 248 Member
    Options
    This is great!!! I've been struggling to stay under 130 (5/'6) and have been working on consistently for the past year (working out is for muscle, not weight loss, b/c it usually has the opposite effect on me b/c I'm so hungry). After shopping this weekend, I was surprised to find out I went down a size, even though I'm the same weight! Small victory for sure!
  • JBanx256
    JBanx256 Posts: 1,471 Member
    Options
    good job!
  • HoneyBadger302
    HoneyBadger302 Posts: 1,970 Member
    Options
    Got to love the small victories - when there's not a ton to lose, it can seem a lot harder as we don't have the dramatic changes that others can see. Great job on the loss and for reaching the next stage.
  • Anniebotnen
    Anniebotnen Posts: 332 Member
    Options
    Very happy for you! Definitely a win!

• jillmkern
    jillmkern Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Congratulations!

I know it's hard to complain about weight when you only want to lose 10-15lbs around people - that's why I love this group.

Be proud of yourself!
    brittlb07 wrote: »
    I know you ladies in this group specifically will appreciate this as I didn't want to post in my other groups as to rub it in as I know some other members are losing dozens of pounds so to them I am a joke...

But anyways... I start by saying that I am VERY short... I am 5'4 and have a very petite frame. Anything over 130 on my frame is not flattering, and really, 120 is healthy. I was anywhere between 110-120 in my high school and early 20's. After having two kids at 22 and 25, I spent a lot of time in the 125-130's. After a bought of depression this year with a family issue, I knew I had gained weight, but never knew just how much. I stepped on the scale on January 1st at 146! I didn't even get to 146 while pregnant with my first baby! As you can imagine, I was mortified.

I have always "dieted" on and off in my life. Heck- at 118 in my college days I fought to get to 110 (I should add I suffered from body dysmorphia syndrome at the time). What I'd give to be 118 today at the age of 30! When I stepped on the scale this year, I decided that this was the last day I'd ever weigh 146. I was getting sloppy and emotionally eating and I knew it. Now I KNEW it at 146 now that the scale validated this.

After 21 days of eating healthier and counting calories (honestly no formal exercise...I thought I'd introduce that in the spring when it's warmer and it's a fight to lose those last five-ten pounds!) I have lost 6 pounds and I am in the 130's.... even if 139.9 haha! While emotionally this is a win and celebration to be out of the 140's... a number I hadn't seen except PREGNANT... it is disheartening to think that I am still not even where I was when I started watching my weight even this time last year when I was 137 and got down to 130. This time is different, though. I am taking care of my mental health first and foremost. I also have support of my wonderful husband. And I feel a drive and push within me that I didn't have when I started this mission the last several times.

• afrye976
    afrye976 Posts: 21 Member
    edited March 2019
    Options
    Congrats on this big win! I’m 5ft and my SW was 144! Just like you I only saw the 140 being 9 months pregnant. I knew I have to take drastic measures to get the weight off. CW 134 ( last I checked) at least. Keep up the great work!! Today starts week 6 for me.. I hope loose another 10!
  • xxzenabxx
    xxzenabxx Posts: 935 Member
    Options

Congratulations on your win! How many calories are you eating if you don’t mind me asking. I’m also 5’ 4” and I weigh 154 lbs but a lot of muscle too. Just need to strip of this 25 lb layer of fat to reveal it. Also your weight loss seems really fast considering that in 2 months you’ve lost 15 lbs. I’d be lucky to lose 0.5 lbs a week at this rate!
  • RobinAlex666
    RobinAlex666 Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    Congrats! Having good mental health is definitely key to also having good physical health. I'm glad you're doing better!
  • brieannaquinn
    brieannaquinn Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    xxzenabxx wrote: »

Congratulations on your win! How many calories are you eating if you don’t mind me asking. I’m also 5’ 4” and I weigh 154 lbs but a lot of muscle too. Just need to strip of this 25 lb layer of fat to reveal it. Also your weight loss seems really fast considering that in 2 months you’ve lost 15 lbs. I’d be lucky to lose 0.5 lbs a week at this rate!

I am in this same boat!! I am 5'4" and weigh 145 with a lot of muscle. I don't think I could weigh 120 - my goal is 135ish. We will see when I get there...I lift a lot and eat around 1800-2000 calories right now as I am in a cut. I will bump it up to 2200 or so once I get back closer to 135. It may take me a full year to lose the 10 pounds though lol.
  • brittlb07
    Options
    xxzenabxx wrote: »

My goal for MFP is 1350 but some days I’m closer to 1200. I’m a teacher on my feet all day also. And as I mentioned, I have a very very small frame. Like I’m talking wedding ring size 4!
  • brittlb07
    Options
    Finally back in the 120’s (even if 129.6 haha)! It’s been a few years since this! Slowly but surely I’ll get this!
  • afrye976
    Options
    I’ve been stuck at 134... I can’t wait to be out of the 130’s...
  • afrye976
    Options
    What do people do to get out of the plateau?
  • rianneonamission
    rianneonamission Posts: 854 Member
    Options
    afrye976 wrote: »
    What do people do to get out of the plateau?

Go to maintenance for a few weeks, let your body settle down, and then introduce a deficit again.

Amazing progress @brittlb07! I'm glad you put your mental wellbeing first, that really is the first step towards success.