Introductions

Options

Replies

• MsBaz2018
    MsBaz2018 Posts: 384 Member
    edited January 2019
    Options
    @teriseaton I am learning that it's not about the exceptional days. It's about what you do regularly.

I have had some days when I didn't feel like exercising or I felt like eating more than MFP set calories. But you'll also see a lot of people planning some days when they'll eat more or not exercise or not track.

This group allows encourages 3 pass days or less. So basically, if you are doing well 90% of the time it's more than good enough.
  • AbandondedKSCharger
    AbandondedKSCharger Posts: 562 Member
    Options
    @hkfleming I am so glad you are here. I have also benefited from MFP and even Sparkpeople in the past. But again find myself more then 50 pounds overweight. Like you, this is going to be my last time being overweight. I am determined to get healthy and keep it that way. I could use your help along the way.
  • AbandondedKSCharger
    Options
    @MsBaz2018 good to know...…..and what a relief. When I read the post like yours it gives me so much hope that I am going to be successful this time.
  • Chef_Barbell
    Chef_Barbell Posts: 6,644 Member
    Options
    Hi folks! I've been on MFP since 2013. Lost the weight. Started lifting and working out.
    Then I had a baby in 2016. Now I'm back to losing again.
  • strongscarlet
    strongscarlet Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    Hi. I just joined MFD yesterday. I’m F46, 5’4, 238lbs with a goal weight of 138lbs. I’ve lost 80lbs before, but was unable to keep the weight off, and gained more in addition. I am able to adhere to food plans well if I have a plan and accountable, but getting to the gym daily I know will be tough at first, especially at my current weight.

I’d really like to challenge my self to drop 100 in 10 months but seems way too fast. I’ll have to think about it and monitor my progress in February. However, my doctors say it is crucial to my health (and back and fatty liver problems) I do this expeditiously, and I refused surgical options. I am starting now until Feb 1 @ low activity with goal of losing 1lb weekly as I prepare for this challenge mentally and logistically.

I look forward to taking this challenge with you!
  • strongscarlet
    strongscarlet Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    @teriseaton I’m F46, 5’4, 238lbs and need to drop 100lbs. I have dropped 80lbs before, but gained it back and then some. Happy you are here along with me for the journey!
  • AbandondedKSCharger
    Options
    Good morning everyone!! I see a lot of new names. That's great! More support. I see similarities in so many of you.
    @KCJen Go Chiefs!! I'm in Kansas. Are you in KS or Missouri? Also thanks for all your words of encouragement.
    @debbywaines I am new to this group, and returning to MFP after over a year away. I think we are in good company of compassionate people full of support.
    @strongscartlet we are in the same boat......let's steer this ship!
  • vanityy99
    vanityy99 Posts: 2,583 Member
    Options
    Joining for the month of February and on.

130lbs, wanting to go down to 115lbs.