What type of cancer...

Options

Replies

• shortchange1
    shortchange1 Posts: 146 Member
    edited September 2015
    Options
    Breast Cancer diagnosed in December 2014. Had a mastectomy in January, 2015 which revealed more cancer, so went on to 36 sessions of radiation. Luckily my oncotype revealed that chemo wouldn't be helpful for me. I'm due to have another mastectomy next month (Oct. 2015) and I continue hormone therapy which is playing havoc with my joints (lots of pain). But, I only gained back 5 pounds from what I had originally lost. It apparently is happy staying on my body. (sigh)
  • AngelaPea
    AngelaPea Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Leiomyosarcoma
  • tymberh
    tymberh Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    Cancerous Brain Tumor
  • Azeria75
    Azeria75 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Bladder cancer
  • GeorgiaM2015
    GeorgiaM2015 Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    Diagnosed with Bowel Cancer aged 21 in January. Total colectomy February 11th and then got the all clear March 11th. I thank God everyday they found it so early. Dad died Nov. 14 of the same disease. Congrats to everyone who are in remission and good luck to the ones still going through treatment.
  • caroluherek
    caroluherek Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    Glad to hear you got the all clear GeorgiaM2015. Sorry about the loss of your Dad.
  • GeorgiaM2015
    GeorgiaM2015 Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    Thank you :)
  • JourneeAfter0704
    JourneeAfter0704 Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    Diagnosed in sept 2015 with a grade 2 astrocytoma (brain cancer) went through 6 weeks radiation and oral chemo. They couldn't remove all the tumor so I have to have mris for the rest of my life.
  • anna0478
    anna0478 Posts: 505 Member
    edited August 2017
    Options
    Triple Negative breast cancer, dx 31 July, awaiting treatment to begin.
    Also this year, I had a melanoma removed from my face.
  • rankingfullstop
    rankingfullstop Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    I’ve probably posted to this thread before but... I’m also sure I have an update or two.

1999: Sarcoma (MPNST) left thigh
    2010: Sarcoma (Mets to lungs)
    2008: Sarcoma (MPNST right calf)
    2012: Benign tumor but I had a t-12 Spondylectomy and 7-level fusion to get rid of it. Was at risk of spinal collapse.
    2016: Sarcoma (MPNST right pelvis)

I have bilateral foot drop and lots of instability due to all the surgeries. I’ve had chemo and about 100 sessions of radiation including high-dose stereotactic rads.

Never thought I’d be walking with a cane at 45 but here I am. I’m hoping to get back on my recumbent trike next Spring.
  • abibilalbf426
    abibilalbf426 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Prostate Cancer. Just waiting on the biopsy results to see what stage I’m at.
  • ConleighS
    ConleighS Posts: 1,058 Member
    Options
    Pancreatic cancer. Diagnosed April 2018. Did G/A for 3 months but tumor grew. Now doing 5-fu first round of 5 then new scan. Hope to shrink tumor then have whipple.
  • lililomo2
    lililomo2 Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    i have stage four small lymphocytic lymphoma. was diagnosed in late 2016 after issues with severe cold urticaria and had major bloodwork done to discover why no meds were working. blood work initially showed chronic lymphocytic leukemia but upon meeting my oncologist for a physical, he diagnosed with with lymphoma as ALL my nodes are swollen. am not currently on chemo as my oncologist has me on *wait and watch*. have already had one bout of pneumonia and am majorly immunocompromised, so chemo would kill me and thus will not do it.

add to that a whole other bucket of health issues. :/ but i am here - working out as often as i can - and trying to keep the game face on. ;) my good wishes and hopes for you all.
  • emmaMaureen19
    emmaMaureen19 Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    I am two years out of treatment for Hodgkin Lymphoma. Started treatment on my 17th bday.Now I’m 19 and I do have so long term side effects. Doing great besides that.:)
  • impossibleashalee
    Options
    Hodgkin's Lymphoma
  • susiemoo69
    susiemoo69 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Non Hodgkin's lymphoma stage 4b. High dose chemo and autologous stem cell transplant. Remission 16 years 😊
  • pricer15
    pricer15 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Hereditary Diffuse Gastric Cancer caused by a genetic mutation in the CDH1 gene that normally produces a protein that suppresses stomach cancer. Found it early because my sister had an ulcer that had cancer inside it and she got DNA tested and found this mutation. No chemo or radiation needed since it was found stage 1a. BUT, I had to have my stomach removed and may need a double mastectomy since this gene mutation also causes lobular breast cancer.
  • krmsotherhalf68
    krmsotherhalf68 Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    Two-time breast cancer survior ('05 and again in '13).
  • sparkletexan777
    sparkletexan777 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Breast cancer. Cancer free 2 years
  • mlewj
    mlewj Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Diagnosed with stage 4 colon cancer back in February. So far I’ve undergone chemo and surgery. I have an appointment with my oncologist next week for an update.