Anyone Short and over 50?

Options
DyanCB
DyanCB Posts: 138 Member
I am 55, 5 ft tall and new to MFP. I have weighed as much as 180lbs when I was in my early 20's. Aging brings its own set of issues, multiply that with being short. All of my old weight management tactics are no longer working so I joined MFP to learn something new but I need help.

I empathize with those with more to lose - I have been there - but I am tackling 10 lbs that simply do not want to go away. I am currently 120. I lost 25 lbs over the last two years but in the last month 5 lbs ave found me again.

Anyone with age AND height complications? Any advice?

Replies

• KetoBella
    KetoBella Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    That would be me... 55 and 4'11.5". It would be nice to support and be supported by others who experience the same kind of experiences. I love being petite but it does come with a few weight loss challenges.
  • kimbap
    kimbap Posts: 3
    Options
    5'0 (I swear).... and turning 50 this year. Goal was to lose 50 by 50 but I'm going for the 70. Nice to know other shorties... Your pictures are amazing. I've been doing the combo of weight and cardio for a couple of months now and seeing results in my body appearance and less on the scale but I've come to accept that, before that it was just diet.
  • marilou0511
    marilou0511 Posts: 591 Member
    Options
    I am 55, 5 ft tall and new to MFP - but I am tackling 10 lbs that simply do not want to go away. I am currently 120.
    Anyone with age AND height complications? Any advice?
    Hello from Chicago! Hi DYANCB. Congratullations on your weight loss. You're almost there! You are actually in a better position to give me advice. Sharing what a trainer at XSport Fitness in Chicago told me -- we need strength/weight training to have a steady weight loss. Cardio alone won't do it. Cardio alone will keep your weight fluctuating. Hopes this helps.
  • sthurst040262
    sthurst040262 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Hi all. Am 51 and 4.11. Find that being so small the pounds show quick. Cant afford to over eat too often. Just met a 6"2 hunk of a man so am gonna keep an eye on them cals and keep tight hold of him!
  • chekhov_liszt
    chekhov_liszt Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I'm 51 and 5'3". :smile: I am plugging away, trying not to get discouraged. I've discovered that 16 hour fasting works for me as far as how I feel. 20 hour fasting is too much at this point, maybe in the future. My calorie goal is 1400. I sometimes go over, but often stay under.

I have about 135 pounds to lose to get to my ideal weight. I'm not sure I want to go that low, but we'll see when I get closer.