OMAD while work from home and Coffee

cqdejavu
cqdejavu Posts: 8 Member
Hello friends.

I'm new to this forum, just joined yesterday.
I have been doing OMAD + Keto since almost 3/4 months and very much comfortable. But since I started working from home (night time work due to different time zones) since new year, I'm finding difficult not to think about food through out the day. I still follow OMAD with enthusiasm but now these days I kinda getting obsessed, with always having thoughts of food. It's certainly not because I'm hungry though.
I started drinking black coffee (approx 3 cups through a day) but coffee has impacted my sleeping pattern a lot. Any suggestions are most welcome.

Replies

• mistymeadows2005
    mistymeadows2005 Posts: 3,737 Member
    cqdejavu wrote: »
    Hello friends.

I'm new to this forum, just joined yesterday.
    I have been doing OMAD + Keto since almost 3/4 months and very much comfortable. But since I started working from home (night time work due to different time zones) since new year, I'm finding difficult not to think about food through out the day. I still follow OMAD with enthusiasm but now these days I kinda getting obsessed, with always having thoughts of food. It's certainly not because I'm hungry though.
    I started drinking black coffee (approx 3 cups through a day) but coffee has impacted my sleeping pattern a lot. Any suggestions are most welcome.

Caffeine doesn't really affect my sleep so I can't help you there - but maybe try green tea? Only about 1/4 the caffeine of coffee and works just as well for cravings for me...
  • volgirl1322
    volgirl1322 Posts: 2,086 Member
    Yeah I am no help on the coffee either.....I have acquired a taste for seltzer water though, it has a fizz to it and flavor as well. My coffee drinking is during the day I really don't like it after that point……..
  • jadeblue14
    jadeblue14 Posts: 182 Member
    Welcome! I have the most trouble when I'm home, too. And it's the same thing. I want to eat because I know food is there, not because I'm hungry.
    I have a problem with caffeine, too, but soda was my vice. I went cold turkey and wen through caffeine withdrawal. If you're looking to cut back or cut out your caffeine, try herbal tea instead of one of your cups of coffee. Maybe work down to 1 cup of coffee and 2 cups of tea, or whatever works for you.
  • cqdejavu
    cqdejavu Posts: 8 Member
    Thanks a lot friends, your comments are really helpful. Earlier it was just impulsive for me to visit kitchen and unnecessarily open refrigerator, i stopped doing that now.
    Also last two days I stopped coffee in night while working and it has improved my sleep when I go to bed in morning.
    As your suggestions, i will only drink coffee after I wake up and will go for tea in evening.
    Thanks again, appreciate.
  • jadeblue14
    jadeblue14 Posts: 182 Member
    Good luck!
  • Brendalea69
    Brendalea69 Posts: 3,863 Member
    Welcome, maybe you could try decaffeinated coffee. Good luck :)