Weekly Post 28/01/2019 - 03/02/2019

Options
Good Morning Monday!!

Hi everyone, guess I’ll start off the week for us .... since I’m up & ready to head on a ferry ride - 1 1/2hrs to Vancouver island then 1/2 hour drive to Victoria then lunch! Then head backwards all the way home again. If the weather is good I’ll try for a pic!

I’m not eating until lunch so I’ll be hangry! Hopefully good choices!

I’m preparing for a good week and plan on fasting tues & thurs this week.

Have a great day!

Replies

• Meghan509
    Meghan509 Posts: 1,962 Member
    Options
    Hi gang!
    Greetings from pretty Miami Beach, Florida.
    Back with more soon. :)
  • KateNkognito
    KateNkognito Posts: 1,521 Member
    Options
    Hey all! Work school and university are both back in full swing and I am on the run! It is SO COLD out that even though I would really like to walk in the afternoons, I can't. I may have to search my computer for my Leslie Sansone 2 mile indoor walk. I need to blow off some steam and take some time to de-stress. I haven't been too hungry lately, stress and sinus stuff. So that is a plus. :) My husband is out of town this week, which forces me to make better choices food-wise because it is just easier. New schedule at work also has me moving even more. :smile:
    I hope everyone is doing well! To all the lurkers: HI!!
  • KateNkognito
    Options
    What happens when one forgets one's lunch? One has an unintentional fast day! Also found a really yummy looking salad kit at the store that I am going to try tomorrow for lunch... assuming I don't forget it! I hope everyone is having a great week!
    @Meghan509 You have no IDEA how jealous I was of you this morning when I got up to a -5 degree (F) windchill!
    @mamainthekitchen I hope you enjoyed your day trip! That is such a beautiful area!
  • mamainthekitchen
    mamainthekitchen Posts: 929 Member
    Options
    Loved my little day trip, thanks Kate! Gotta love an unintentional fast day!!! Omg I’ve been reading about the temps back east!! Stay warm people!! Makes me want to make spicy drinks & soups!

I burned over 400 cals today doing a walk for me and the dog walk! Now, if I could just do that every day!

Tomorrow’s Thursday which means the weekend is almost here! Happy fasting to those fasting tomorrow!
  • Meghan509
    Options
    Good morning all.

Back in chilly New England now with a high of 10 degrees Fahrenheit. UGH. Got home last night late.

Miami was nice but busy and crazy with loooong days. Looking forward to getting back to some normalcy. Still crazy with picking up a new car tonight after work, returning the rental car before they close at 6:00pm, and then getting to my appointment with my physical therapist at 6:30pm. Feel like I am burning the candle at both ends lately.

Healthy choices - what's that? No time. Gym? Hahahaha. Hope to be back on track starting Monday. That's all I got for now. Trying not to sound as negative and overwhelmed as I feel. :(

Speak to you all soon. <3
  • KateNkognito
    Options
    @meghan509 Hugs and I hope things slow down soon! Enjoy your weekend!

I really liked my salad kit today, but I am glad I didn't use the dressing that came with it. It was buffalo ranch and the croutons by themselves had a good kick! I LOVE spicy, but this kind of snuck up on me. LOL I have a bunch of great leftovers in the fridge for lunch tomorrow, so I don't know what I will take. Maybe I will have one of the kids throw something in my bag and surprise me!
    I hope everyone has a great weekend! I am feeling really on top of things lately. I might actually become a real grown-up with my act together and everything! :D
  • Meghan509
    Options
    Hi all!

Been sitting on this page now for over two hours trying to write a post. Keep getting side tracked. Grrr!

Picked up the new car last night. I got the same thing I had before. Different color is all. I just want to drive safe. Simple request. Still afraid of four way stop intersections and drivers that are being stupid around me. :(

That's all I got for now. See you all soon. :)
  • mamainthekitchen
    Options
    Well at least you didn’t type a full page then forget to press ‘post’!! Ha!

Wow you got your new car already! Good for you. What a nightmare for you... I’ve often thought cars should be brighter coloured so to be able to see them instead of all these muted shades of grey blending into the pavement and dreary weather. Hope your enjoy a great weekend!

I had a nice lunch out that included wine yesterday... we stayed so long that they brought out the happy hour menu! Hahaha we ordered tea! Ha! Tomorrow is football day (Pizza & beer) and today I’m making appetizers & chicken wings! Monday should be a fast day, but it’ll probs be Tuesday!!

I’ll try to post a pic while riding on the ferry... it was calm and we were passing thru the smaller islands.....

Have a great weekend everyone!
  • mamainthekitchen
    Options
  • mamainthekitchen
    Options
    Oh it worked!!!

I forgot to say awesome post Kate! I love spicy too, sounds like a yummy salad for work!
  • KateNkognito
    edited February 2019
    Options

Hey, folks! Happy Sunday! It is cloudy and windy here, but when I put the dog out, it is surprisingly warm. I am going to take advantage and go for a walk. I need to get an umbrella stroller for my little dog. He loves to go, but gets worn out by the end! LOL
    Planning on making some snacks for the game today. I don't care about football, I just like the commercials!
    @Meghan509 Glad you got your new car! I hope things settle down for you!
    @mamainthekitchen Your picture is lovely! That is a beautiful part of the country. I hope we can get back there sometime. We went on our honeymoon and my aunt used to live in that area.
    Here is a picture of my little dog. He thinks he is a German Shepherd.
    f2c1zxyehw6v.jpg
  • mamainthekitchen
    Options
    Adorable little face on your dog Kate!!!! Yes this area is very pretty indeed, glad you like the photo. I’m with you on football.... I just like eating in front of the tv!

Happy Sunday :)