What do you make with Apple Cider Vingar

Options
mor72
mor72 Posts: 83 Member
If you use Apple Cider Vingar, what do you then make with it?
I have been drinking one cup in the morning and one in the evening. Ingredients : 1 cup warm water, 2 tsp Apple Cider Vingar, 1/2 tsp cinnamon, and sweetener.

Replies

• kpk54
    kpk54 Posts: 4,474 Member
    Options
    Salad dressings and barbecue sauce mostly. I live in North Carolina and Eastern North Carolina BBQ sauce for pork is vinegar based. Recipes can be found on line and are close enough.

Also refrigerator pickles, a red cabbage recipe, cole slaw dressing and beet pickled eggs. These 4 generally need a sweetener of choice. I'm sure there are other things but those come to mind.
  • retirehappy
    retirehappy Posts: 4,752 Member
    Options
    I add it to my ketoaide drinks, some with sparkling water, some not, but all have ACV in them. Also as kpk54 mentioned the pickles, dressings, etc. You can sub ACV for almost any recipe that calls for some acid like lemon juice.
  • ironmaidenchick
    ironmaidenchick Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    I add baking soda and clean my shower with it :wink: lol I also use it as a dressing for salads and cucumber. Sometimes I drink a cap full sometimes I don't.
  • cstehansen
    cstehansen Posts: 1,984 Member
    Options
    I use it when I make meat in the crock pot. I like to do meal prep with the crock pot because it can take the toughest, cheapest piece of meat and make it tender and delicious. Putting some ACV in can help with that.

Also, when doing meat on the smoker, many use apple juice to help keep ribs and other meats moist. Substituting ACV is an option.
  • qweck3
    qweck3 Posts: 346 Member
    Options
    I put a cup along with hot sauce and a bunch of spices to make my 10 pounds of chicken I bake each week. :smiley:

Brings out the flavor.
  • nicsflyingcircus
    nicsflyingcircus Posts: 2,417 Member
    Options
    Vomit. ACV is nasty.

I love white vinegar and red wine vinegar
  • itzcath
    itzcath Posts: 94 Member
    edited February 2019
    Options
    I use it in my favorite psyllium bread recipe, or add it to bone broth ( it helps draw out nutrients from the bones) and as a starter when I make my pro-biotic, naturally fermented home made saurkraut.

I also drink it diluted in water (and tell myself it's lemonade) when I notice alot of hard tartar buildup on my teeth as my body tends to get rather alkaline from eating keto.
  • Violet_Flux
    Violet_Flux Posts: 481 Member
    Options
    We put a tablespoon or so in when making bone broth. Read somewhere that it helps extract nutrients from the bones. And we use it when we make our homemade lowcarb BBQ sauce.
  • shelbydodgeguy
    shelbydodgeguy Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    I use it in a few marinades as it's a good tenderizer. Diluted it's also a decent hair rinse if you don't mind the smell. I also use it or plain white vinegar to clean my shower door, mop the floor, as a surface cleaner, etc.
  • Shadioutwo
    Shadioutwo Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    I use it in this recipe for Keto 'Fruit' Hot Cross Buns: https://www.madcreationshub.com/recipe/mad-creations-keto-hot-cross-buns-2/