foods you dont mess with or lose control

2»

Replies

• KarlaYP
    KarlaYP Posts: 4,439 Member
    It’s best to always limit berries and nuts imo. They can be a slippery slope. Not very filling yet calorie, and carb heavy! Leave you (me) looking for something else usually because they aren’t satisfying. If I eat them I have them (measured) along with a meal. Not as a snack anymore.
  • nicolejo143
    nicolejo143 Posts: 214 Member
    Conchas are my weakness. If I have one I try to cut it up and make it last days so I get the taste and don't feel deprived. But sometimes... Lol
  • tcunbeliever
    tcunbeliever Posts: 8,219 Member
    I had to google that...and they look delicious!!!
  • GaleHawkins
    GaleHawkins Posts: 8,159 Member
    Salted anything I have to watch. I eat a ton of nuts but I do not buy ones that are salted. If salted I can eat a pound without stopping. :(
  • Longshore
    Longshore Posts: 221 Member
    Conchas are my weakness. If I have one I try to cut it up and make it last days so I get the taste and don't feel deprived. But sometimes... Lol

LOL I just looked it up to. Do you have a low carb recipe for this?
  • gwendyprism
    gwendyprism Posts: 222 Member
    Cheetos. The hard crunchy ones not puffs. Will eat til I'm sick.
  • Cheesy567
    Cheesy567 Posts: 1,186 Member
    Butter, right off the stick. Yes it’s low carb, but still high calorie. Best kept out of the house if I hope to lose weight!

And brownie mix— I can NOT be allowed to buy it at Costco in the 6-pack family sized boxes, especially. Gone within days.
  • alffmfp
    alffmfp Posts: 24 Member
    Gum. It never occurred to me that sugar free gum could have carbs. I chew it on and off all day while I'm at work because it helps me stay alert and I didn't think I needed to track it because it was sugar free. I am positive it has thrown me off my carb counts big time. Now I log it.
  • ccrdragon
    ccrdragon Posts: 3,373 Member
    Longshore wrote: »

LOL I just looked it up to. Do you have a low carb recipe for this?

My wife and daughter love those things... I'm meh about them.

Triggers for me are nuts and nut butters... I just don't keep them in the house much (or portion them into small amounts as soon as I get them).
  • 150poundsofme
    150poundsofme Posts: 523 Member
    ...not the food, it's the mood... seems to be a very true phrase. Many times I can have a dessert or a carb and be ok. But other times it gets me into a binge. I have tried to figure out why one exception would sometimes make me go over the edge - was I annoyed by something or someone? Was it just too many exceptions over a few day period that got me into the sugars and the craving?
  • mmultanen
    mmultanen Posts: 1,029 Member
    Potato chips can be a "no off switch" item for me but i impressed myself last night with my ability to steal only one from the plate of my kiddo and not go back for more.

Course I had to run out the door to a function so I couldn't have stolen more but that's not the point. :lol:
    ...not the food, it's the mood... seems to be a very true phrase. Many times I can have a dessert or a carb and be ok. But other times it gets me into a binge. I have tried to figure out why one exception would sometimes make me go over the edge - was I annoyed by something or someone? Was it just too many exceptions over a few day period that got me into the sugars and the craving?

I've spent a lot of time trying to figure this out too. For me, it's much more important to understand they why of it. And sometimes I'm successful in IDing what lead me to the "no off switch" moment and other times....i have more work to do.

• DvlDwnInGA
    DvlDwnInGA Posts: 368 Member
    Peanut butter. Don’t ever put whip cream on peanut butter. You have been warned.
  • budonyan
    budonyan Posts: 38 Member
    Cheese. It makes me want pizza. Not that I can even have pizza since I got diagnosed with Celiac recently sighhh...
    I can do shredded parmesan though??
  • shelbydodgeguy
    shelbydodgeguy Posts: 194 Member
    budonyan wrote: »
    Cheese. It makes me want pizza. Not that I can even have pizza since I got diagnosed with Celiac recently sighhh...

They are plenty of low carb pizza options. My favorite is the cauliflower crust. I do mine from scratch but from what I hear the Real Good Foods and California Pizza Kitchen store bought pizzas aren't bad.

• canadjineh
    canadjineh Posts: 5,396 Member
    edited February 2019
    budonyan wrote: »

I have Celiac disease and when I REALLY need a pizza, I make a Fathead one. Hubby is not celiac or low carb and even he prefers it. Google the recipe, it's yummy and VERY cheesy.
    BTW, watch out for shredded cheeses as they usually have a bit of starch tossed in there to keep them from sticking into a lump. Phone the manufacturer - #'s are always on the side of the package/container - and ask them if they use any starch or other product to keep the shreds loose and ask if that particular product is GF. *Very important*
  • shelbydodgeguy
    shelbydodgeguy Posts: 194 Member
    canadjineh wrote: »
    BTW, watch out for shredded cheeses as they usually have a bit of starch tossed in there to keep them from sticking into a lump. Phone the manufacturer - #'s are always on the side of the package/container - and ask them if they use any starch or other product to keep the shreds loose and ask if that particular product is GF. *Very important*

This is a very good point that I don't think most people consider. I made it a point to only buy block or fresh soft cheeses once I started to cut carbs out of my life. Considering how my body reacts when I do eat carb-ish foods I definitely have allergies of some sort.

• tcunbeliever
    tcunbeliever Posts: 8,219 Member
    I like the chicken/egg/parmesan pizza crust - it's so yum!!!