MISSION SLIMPOSSIBLES - February 2019

Options

Replies

• UTMom81
    UTMom81 Posts: 1,380 Member
    Options
    Hi, I have been on this team every month since last May but skipped January—I signed up again but they put me on Warriors. Can you please add me back here?

User Name: Girlfacedolly
    Weigh in week: 1
    Weigh in day: Thursday
    Previous Weight: 166.2
    Todays Weight: 162.4

Hi! I started last May at 173 lbs and got down to 158 in Nov. Throw the holidays in, a stressful January and I found myself back up to 166 last week. Anyway, keeping track of calories and eating less carbs is what I am doing.

Good luck everyone! Glad to be back with this supportive community!

So glad you are back amongst us! We missed you!
  • UTMom81
    Options
    DaveJ_43 wrote: »
    Username: DaveJ_43
    Weigh in week: Week 1
    Weigh in day: Friday
    Previous Weight: 201.8
    Todays Weight: 200.2

Next week, one-derland.

Happy weekend. Keep being awesome!

What a great goal for next week! You got this!
  • 19shmoo69
    19shmoo69 Posts: 1,090 Member
    Options
    19shmoo69
    Week 2
    Sunday
    P.W. 245
    C.W. 245
  • bethanie0825
    bethanie0825 Posts: 1,474 Member
    Options
    Step count for Saturday the 9th = 7213
  • UTMom81
    Options
    Hi, all. I’m late to the party this month with introductions, but here goes. I have lost from 193-145 with MFP since January of 2017. Then I gained back up to 153 over the holidays and a carb heavy, comfort food January with little to no willpower. This group was a huge part of my success over the last two years! My challenge now seems to be the same challenge I have had all the other times in my life I’ve lost weight. I know what it takes to keep it off. I just don’t do it. Reminds me of that verse in Romans. But anyway, I digress.

I’ll be brutally honest with you since none of you know me in real life, but some of you are such sweet friends in spite of that. In June, I found out my precious, raised right, loving, sweet, 27-year old daughter is an addict. A statistic. A victim of the opioid crisis. She is currently in recovery, I think. I hope. I pray. Will I ever really know again? Anyway. I’ve had a hard time concentrating on anything since then. I am attending recovery classes for parents and a 12-step program, so I have support there and it has truly been a life-saver.

I guess that explains a lot, doesn’t it? At least I’ve not eaten quite everything that isn’t tied down! Right? I could have gained it all back in the face of this nightmare. But I have exhibited at least a modicum of control. Lol.

I am not logging right now. But I will go back to that soon. I couldn’t be sure I would be able to read everything and respond like a motivator should, so I told Jen I was taking a break, not from the group really, but from MFP. And I am. But this morning, I missed y’all and felt like I owed the folks who have been here a while an explanation. Maybe you wish I hadn’t provided it. I wish I haven’t lived it. But there it is. The cold hard truth.

Jen, put me back in the challenge for March when the time comes. Maybe by then I will have found my mojo. If not, I’ll flounder around in the company of friends.
  • TeresaW1020
    TeresaW1020 Posts: 3,231 Member
    Options
    UTMom81 wrote: »
    I’ll be brutally honest with you since none of you know me in real life, but some of you are such sweet friends in spite of that. In June, I found out my precious, raised right, loving, sweet, 27-year old daughter is an addict. A statistic. A victim of the opioid crisis. She is currently in recovery, I think. I hope. I pray. Will I ever really know again? Anyway. I’ve had a hard time concentrating on anything since then. I am attending recovery classes for parents and a 12-step program, so I have support there and it has truly been a life-saver.

I guess that explains a lot, doesn’t it? At least I’ve not eaten quite everything that isn’t tied down! Right? I could have gained it all back in the face of this nightmare. But I have exhibited at least a modicum of control. Lol.

I'm so sorry you are going through this nightmare with your daughter. And it is a nightmare that I know all too well. My daughter died of a drug overdose at the age of 26 on Feb. 15, 2018. So, almost one year ago my life changed forever. Her addiction was 8 long years long and I prayed for her recovery every single day but God had other plans. She is finally at peace and I know where she is and that I will see her again. Doesn't stop my heart from aching though. :/

In happier news, my niece who will be 27 in May was a heroin addict for several years and is now been clean for 2 years, after a year in rehab. She has two beautiful children, a good job and is well on her way to a life with meaning and purpose. I get to go see them in May and can't wait!

I will keep you and your daughter in my prayers. You just keep praying and loving her and hold on to hope! In the meantime, you have to take care of yourself. I know that is easier said than done. If you ever want to talk please know you can reach out to me. (((hugs)))
  • UTMom81
    Options
    UTMom81 wrote: »

I'm so sorry you are going through this nightmare with your daughter. And it is a nightmare that I know all too well. My daughter died of a drug overdose at the age of 26 on Feb. 15, 2018. So, almost one year ago my life changed forever. Her addiction was 8 long years long and I prayed for her recovery every single day but God had other plans. She is finally at peace and I know where she is and that I will see her again. Doesn't stop my heart from aching though. :/

In happier news, my niece who will be 27 in May was a heroin addict for several years and is now been clean for 2 years, after a year in rehab. She has two beautiful children, a good job and is well on her way to a life with meaning and purpose. I get to go see them in May and can't wait!

I will keep you and your daughter in my prayers. You just keep praying and loving her and hold on to hope! In the meantime, you have to take care of yourself. I know that is easier said than done. If you ever want to talk please know you can reach out to me. (((hugs)))

Teresa, my heart is breaking for you. You have lived the thing I fear the most every day. I cannot imagine your pain. Hugs to you! When you posted a few months ago something about having lost your daughter, deep down I knew why. I didn’t ask. Didn’t want to pry. Didn’t want to face the fact that some don’t recover. I am SO sorry I didn’t reach out to you and offer support. I will pray for you and for your niece as well. Peace. May God’s peace sustain you.
  • mari_moulin
    mari_moulin Posts: 3,717 Member
    Options
    mws9zeeoxfcn.jpg

FEBRUARY WEEK 1 WINNERS...

As a whole we lost 95.3 lbs or 0.27% !!

TEAM % LOST[/b]

1st - Waist Aways - 0.52%
    2nd - Workout Warriors - 0.45%
    3rd - Shrinking Assets - 0.44%

TEAM LBS LOST

1st - Waist Aways - 30.0
    2nd - Shrinking Assets - 28.2
    3rd - Workout Warriors - 26.3

INDIVIDUAL % LOST

1st - @Aint2Proud2Meg - 4.17%
    2nd - @Loriab901 - 3.18%
    3rd - @Cyndiesstuff - 2.61%

INDIVUDUAL LBS LOST

1st - @Aint2Proud2Meg - 7.9
    2nd - @redstickdad - 7.2
    3rd - @Loriab901 - 5.6

HONORABLE MENTIONS

@Trinalong79 @AmyLFix @GingerPwr
    @Girlfacedolly @Luciicul
    @redstickdad @Aetheldreda

2ay3jwz4xuql.jpg

1st - Weight No More - 688,649
    2nd - Workout Warriors - 603,751
    3rd - Mission Slimpossibles - 572,720
  • tess5036
    tess5036 Posts: 942 Member
    Options
    19shmoo69 wrote: »
    Friday check in
    Calories- good
    Water - it was day two of finding the large coffee cups
    Exercise - work stuff
    Goals - since I'm feeling a whole lot better I'll be going to the gym after work tomorrow.

10001 steps

Just don't overdo it at the gym. I was amazed at how much endurance I lost when I was down for four days with my knee.

Definitely, it takes a while for your body to get back up to speed
  • tess5036
    Options
    Saturday check in
    Calories: under
    Water; over
    Exercise; spin, CT, weights
    Tomorrow; light day
  • pjmfitforme
    pjmfitforme Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    Saturday check in

Calories-over
    Water-over
    Exercise-10 mike hilly race

Goal for today-yoga with Adrienne and power class

• tess5036
    edited February 2019
    Options
    @UTMom81 and @TeresaW1020 I am so sorry both of you have had such a difficult time. It constantly amazes me how wonderful and strong some people on this team really are, and the trials and challenges they quietly face without ever speaking out. You are both absolutely amazing people, and although I probably will never be able to fully understand what you have gone through, you have my respect by the bucket load !!!!!!

Don't forget, we are all here for you during the bad times as well as the good 💗
  • AustinRuadhain
    AustinRuadhain Posts: 2,574 Member
    Options
    19shmoo69 wrote: »
    19shmoo69
    Week 2
    Sunday
    P.W. 245
    C.W. 245

Great that you maintained when you were so sick!
  • Jaybo37
    Jaybo37 Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    Username : jaybo37
    Week : 2
    Weigh in day : Sunday
    Previous weight : 161.9
    Current weight : 161.4

Bit of a party night last night, recovering very slowly....
  • digger61
    digger61 Posts: 3,794 Member
    Options
    Daily Post
    Track yes
    Calories yes under
    Exercise yes swimming
    Water 104
    Goals/comments day off

steps 8249
  • UTMom81
    Options
    Jaybo, hang in there. I hate a hangover, but they do pass. Feel better!
  • UTMom81
    Options
    tess5036 wrote: »
    Saturday check in
    Calories: under
    Water; over
    Exercise; spin, CT, weights
    Tomorrow; light day

You always amaze me! I want to be you when I grow up!!! Lol
  • tess5036