• digger61
    digger61 Posts: 3,814 Member
    Options
    19shmoo69 wrote: »
    Friday check in
    Calories- good
    Water - it was day two of finding the large coffee cups
    Exercise - work stuff
    Goals - since I'm feeling a whole lot better I'll be going to the gym after work tomorrow.

10001 steps

glad to hear you are feeling better
  • broncobuddee
    broncobuddee Posts: 372 Member
    Options
    JenAWhite wrote: »
    Friday check in
    Calories - under
    Water - not enough, never enough
    Exercise - not so much (still on reduced activity due to knee)
    Goals for Saturday - Stay away from cookies (weekends are already harder, even w/o being surrounded by cookies), eat what is planned, try for 10k steps without overdoing it on knee.

@broncobuddee - why are you surrounded by cookies?

Event at church. Same bakery as last weekend so I can speak from experience :/ that they are good. But the goal is to keep myself entertained elsewhere.

The other thing I struggle with more on the weekends is succumbing due to hunger. I start eating earlier on the weekends and am up longer. Have to find some way to fix that. During the week my first meal isn't until noon at the earliest and sometimes as late as 5pm - which make it easier to have few calories the rest of the day.
  • broncobuddee
    Options
    Friday check in
    Calories- good
    Exercise - work stuff
    Goals - since I'm feeling a whole lot better I'll be going to the gym after work tomorrow.

10001 steps

Just don't overdo it at the gym. I was amazed at how much endurance I lost when I was down for four days with my knee.
  • broncobuddee
    Options
    Some nice weigh-ins and step counts yesterday and today!!

A reminder that the week closes today (Saturday). Please submit remaining weigh-ins and step counts as they become available.

Weigh-ins that are due:

@kindofangel2003
    @ka97
    @phoebelayla
    @dfields884

Thanks!

• AustinRuadhain
    AustinRuadhain Posts: 2,574 Member
    edited February 2019
    Options
    @wbutterchip - Wow! Great loss!

@JenAWhite - Fabulous step number!

@pjmfitforme - Excellent! You are headed in the right direction!

@bethanie0825 - Great steps day!

@Buckyz22 - Excellent loss!

@digger61 - Looks like you had a great day - steps, water and calories! Keep it up!

• Kres567
    Kres567 Posts: 1,158 Member
    Options
    tess5036 wrote: »
    Friday check in
    Calories; under
    Water; over
    Exercise; 2 spin classes, BodyCombat, treadmill, weights
    Tomorrow; cardio

Steps;13, 093

Great day Tess!
  • Kres567
    Options
    Way to go Saturday weigh ins!!
  • Kres567
    Options
    Jactop wrote: »
    Steps
    2/5 - 12,647
    2/6 - 4,059
    2/7 - 12,003
    2/8 - 8,775

Introduction: I'm Jackie. I live in Southern Ontario. I've been with this group since July 2018 which has been a great motivator for me. I enjoy reading all the posts in the team thread and appreciate everyone who takes the time to post. I'm also a Fitbit addict and look forward to the challenges Tess posts each week. So happy to be a part of this group.

Your steps are incredible! I fee the same way about the posts. They really energize me!

I’m away with the kids this weekend for an out of town hockey tournament. Just sitting by the indoor pool reading the amazing posts from the weekend so far.
  • Kres567
    Options
    Anyone have any requests for a team challenge for week 2? Anything in particular a challenge could help with?
  • Kres567
    Options
    How did you all do with the Moderator Challenge? Here’s how I did with my list

The 5 things I am committing to this week are:

1. 3 Workouts - managed two which was good for me!
    2. No alcohol ✅
    3. No soda✅
    4. Eat protein in every meal✅
    5. Drink 10 glasses of water per day❌

• 19shmoo69
    19shmoo69 Posts: 1,106 Member
    Options
    Username: wbutterchip
    Week: 1
    Weigh in day: Friday
    PW 275.0
    CW 271.4

Great loss!
  • 19shmoo69
    Options
    Saturday check in
    Calories- good
    Water - it was ok but somebody hid the large coffee cups 😢
    Exercise - work stuff and it was leg day at the gym!!!

9901 steps
  • 19shmoo69
    Options
    digger61 wrote: »
    Friday check in
    Calories- good
    Exercise - work stuff

10001 steps

glad to hear you are feeling better

Thank you much
  • 19shmoo69
    Options
    Friday check in
    Calories- good
    Exercise - work stuff

10001 steps

Just don't overdo it at the gym. I was amazed at how much endurance I lost when I was down for four days with my knee.

Alright then easy does it!
  • AustinRuadhain
    AustinRuadhain Posts: 2,574 Member
    edited February 2019
    Options
    Saturday Check-In

Calories: under
    Water: under, but still working on it
    Exercise: housecleaning and two shopping trips; felt like I got in more steps than I did!

Steps: 4,385
    (Oh, well! Tomorrow will be better once Scout Sunday reception is done.)

Sunday Goals:
    1. Water on target or over
    2. Calories under
    3. Exercise: trip to gym or walking video
    4. Meditation: 5+ minutes
  • UTMom81
    UTMom81 Posts: 1,392 Member
    Options
    Kres567 wrote: »

[...]

I'd like to continue with introductions. Please share your name, where you live, how long you have been on MFP, and anything you want to share about your weight loss journey so far - successes, challenges, goals for the month. Anything to help you get motivated and maybe inspire others on the team!!

Go Slimpossibles!!!!!!

Howdy team! Formal introduction time:

I'm Mark (@broncobuddee), 49, live in Michigan, work in higher education IT - pretty much a desk job. I've been a "big boy" all of my adult life (ie. 300-400 lbs) with several fits and starts with weight loss over the years. Consquently, I've been a MFP member on and off for many years. I got serious in 2017 when I got connected to a doctor I was seeing for another minor medical issue. I joined F2F at that point and worked with my doctor to lose ~160 lbs that year. Unfortunately in 2018, I floundered and she left the [corporate] practice she was part of - and I gained some back. I went back to her old practice for the first time in a several months when I blew out my knee in January and one of her former co-workers told me off-the-record where to find my former doctor. I had my first appointment with her this morning and we were both so excited to see each other. The stuff she remembered about my food OCD amazed me (or maybe my OCD is really that bad LOL). So I told her to get me back on track and slap me around if I don't fall into line. Ya'll can do the same to me.

TLDR:
    successes: great 2017
    challenges: sucky 2018
    short-term challenge: knee recovery still in progress
    goals for month: daily check-ins, daily food diary so I have something awesome to show dr on 2/27.

Welcome new and returning members. Feel free to friend me!

@broncobuddee I am so glad you found your doctor again! Your progress has been so inspiring, and I am confident you will be back on track again now. I hope your knee continues to heal and that your journey gets the kick-start you are looking for! Can you kick me like she kicks you? ;)
This discussion has been closed.