Options

Replies

• broncobuddee
    broncobuddee Posts: 372 Member
    Options
    Kres567 wrote: »
    JenAWhite wrote: »
    Thanks everyone - we just need two more steppers.

For all those that signed up just post your steps on this thread. @broncobuddee and I will add them to the overall challenge spreadsheet.

How many days worth at a time?

@broncobuddee - do you have a preference? I don’t really. We both try and keep up with logging weights on a daily basis.

Well... now that I'm caught up... I have no preference. :)
  • 19shmoo69
    19shmoo69 Posts: 1,140 Member
    Options
    I could not tell you how my calories and such are. This illness has me not thinking straight. Im averaging a couple hours sleep a night and the rest if the time coughing. I'm trying different medicine tonight. I pray it helps.

6531 steps for today 2/5
  • broncobuddee
    edited February 2019
    Options
    Howdy group! A belated welcome to February!! I got pulled into some frozen/broken sprinkler pipes at work so I'm sorry I went MIA. All is well now, however.

Unfortunately Jen got locked out of the spreadsheet for a couple days and I was gone so we're playing catch up on weights and steps. I may have missed a post or two when logging to the spreadsheet. If so, please let me know. Otherwise:

Weigh-ins due now:
    @kindofangel2003

Weigh-ins due tomorrow:
    @alys_plate92
    @daisytripp
    @Kres567

Steps due now:
    @TeresaW1020

Again, please direct my eyes to your previous post if I missed it (and sorry!)

Thanks!

Mark @broncobuddee
  • dee_toronto
    dee_toronto Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    Tuesday check in
    Cals: ok
    Water: on track
    Exercise: 45 mins kickboxing
    Tomorrow: keep on track
  • broncobuddee
    Options
    Hello, apologies for absence - playing catchup.

Username: wishusdonna
    Weigh in Week: 1
    Weigh in Day: Monday
    Previous Weight: 270
    Current Weight: 270

Steps:
    Jan 29 11043
    Jan 30 12823
    Jan 31 9798
    Feb 1st 11276
    Feb 2nd 10015
    Feb 3rd 8542
    Feb 4th 8026

Hadn't realised things had got so hectic!

I'm going to assume you meant 170 for previous/current weight.?.?.? :)
  • Kres567
    Kres567 Posts: 1,158 Member
    Options
    Happy February everyone! I'd like to extend a warm welcome to our new members and a welcome back to returning team members!!!

My name is Jen and I am one of the captains along with Mark - @broncobuddee. I would also like to recognize our two amazing Motivators - Tami aka @UTMom81 and Terri aka @tess5036 and many, many supportive and active challengers. @utmom81 is taking a bit of a break from the active challenge and motivator role (as some of us do from time to time when we need to regroup or focus on something during this crazy journey we are) so we are recruiting for a second motivator.

We are really excited to kick off another month on this amazing journey we have been on together. January was a pretty good month for many of us mostly because it had 5 weeks so we had more time to recover from the Christmas holidays! 😜
    And I could tell that we were bouncing backs because of our placements in the challenge during some weekends and second overall for the month of January - woohoo! Go team!!!

As always we had great discussions sharing articles and videos to help us learn more about weight loss and fitness. There was some great information shared among team members and I am hoping that will continue!!

Along with our weekly weigh ins, we also have DAILY CHECK INS which helps us stay accountable to the group. We provide the following information each day:

Calories: over or under?
    Water: did you reach your water goal?
    Exercise: what did you get up to in the day?
    Goal or Improvement for tomorrow: what do you want to achieve the following day? Some examples might be - Do you want to drink more water, eat cleaner, or get a work out in.

One new thing some of us have incorporated (completely optional) is a list of fairly specific goals for the following day we aim to achieve. During the next days check in we copy and paste those goals and check them off or not and continue to focus. Whenever I have done the specific goals it has really helped me focus the next day.

As you may have seen in earlier posts this group is all about support and motivation. We are not super competitive about winning the weight loss challenge each week. Many of us have come to realize that this journey is about the process, its not linear but hopefully you will see some progress. Maybe its not the number on the scale - maybe you will lose inches and fit into those pants again or be able to walk or run longer than you ever have before. Whatever you want to celebrate the team is here to cheer you on. And we want to hear about it because it motivates us to do better so please, please share.

We also have tough days. We want to hear about those too. We want to help you put the bad days behind you.

We also want to hear your questions because we might have the same questions too. And someone on the team will have some information to share for sure.

Weekly Challenges - each week there will be three that are completely optional:
    Team Challenge - this is a challenge that I typically put out to the team each Sunday (at least I try to). But I am totally open to suggestions! I’m feeling a little low on ideas so if anyone wants to send me some suggestions please do! Sometimes I just rely on the group and motivator challenges especially if life is too busy.
    Group Challenge - this is a challenge extended from another team in the challenge
    Moderators Challenge - this is a challenge extended from one of the Moderators of the whole challenge

I'd like to continue with introductions. Please share your name, where you live, how long you have been on MFP, and anything you want to share about your weight loss journey so far - successes, challenges, goals for the month. Anything to help you get motivated and maybe inspire others on the team!!

Go Slimpossibles!!!!!!
  • broncobuddee
    edited February 2019
    Options
    pebfin2ndzey.jpg

Welcome to our new members - and welcome back to returning members!!
  • Kres567
    Options
    pebfin2ndzey.jpg

Welcome to our new members - and welcome back to returning members!!

Team Awesome is right!!!
  • Kres567
    Options
    Jaybo37 wrote: »
    Tuesday check in
    Cals : on target
    Water : 2.5 litres
    Exercise : 15,200

The only thing I’m consistent with these days is tracking! Sorry I’m so rubbish at keeping up with the check in’s the last while. It truly is a marathon

You are only one woman Jill! And you are an amazing one at that! If all you can fit in is tracking that’s a really good one to be consistent with.

Great day for you!
  • Kres567
    Options
    Tuesday check in - had a completely crazy day with work. I was off on a vacation day Monday so today felt like a Monday for me! I’m just amazed I made it through the day!

Calories: under
    Exercise: nothing formal. It’s so cold here right now -25 degrees Celsius is the high!!
    Steps: managed 7624

Goals for Tuesday:
    1. Drink at least 3 Starbucks cups at work plus more at night ❌
    2. Instead of watching tv, walk on the treadmill to get some extra steps❌ - Decided on some self care in the form of a bath and I’m totally happy with that choice!!
    3. Pre-log meals in the morning as I drink my tea ✅

Goals for Wednesday:
    1. Drink at least 80ozs
    2. If I have no errands to run after work then do a treadmill workout
    3. Plan and log my meals in the morning
  • alys_plate92
    alys_plate92 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Hello all! My name is Aly. I’m 27 and I live in Texas. I’ve been on MFP for years on and off. Although I just came back consistently at the beginning of the year.

I don’t have a Fitbit anymore but I do have an Apple Watch if anyone else does :)

Tuesday!
    Calories: Over but it was a fun day
    Water: Not quite
    Exercise: I’m trying to focus more on my calories before incorporating formal exercise but I’ll change this to did I wear my Apple Watch
    Goal or Improvement for tomorrow:
    Drink 10 cups of water
    Take my dog for a walk
    Close all my rings on my watch!

• AustinRuadhain
    AustinRuadhain Posts: 2,591 Member
    Options
    Tuesday Check-in

Calories: under
    Water: at goal (will drink one more glass before bed so I can be over)
    Exercise: 50 min aerobic stepping

Goal or Improvement for Tomorrow:
    - Food on plan, on time, under
    - Water: 10 glasses
    - Martial arts class plus some bonus movement
  • JenAWhite
    JenAWhite Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    Tuesday 2/5 Check In
    Calories: Under
    Water: 56 ounces

Exercise: 10,378 steps
  • broncobuddee
    Options
    Hello all! My name is Aly. I’m 27 and I live in Texas. I’ve been on MFP for years on and off. Although I just came back consistently at the beginning of the year.

I don’t have a Fitbit anymore but I do have an Apple Watch if anyone else does :)

Tuesday!
    Calories: Over but it was a fun day
    Water: Not quite
    Exercise: I’m trying to focus more on my calories before incorporating formal exercise but I’ll change this to did I wear my Apple Watch
    Goal or Improvement for tomorrow:
    Drink 10 cups of water
    Take my dog for a walk
    Close all my rings on my watch!

Welcome to the group!
  • Wishusdonna
    Wishusdonna Posts: 241 Member
    Options
    Hello, apologies for absence - playing catchup.

Username: wishusdonna
    Weigh in Day: Monday
    Previous Weight: 270
    Current Weight: 270

Steps:
    Jan 29 11043
    Jan 30 12823
    Jan 31 9798
    Feb 1st 11276
    Feb 2nd 10015
    Feb 3rd 8542
    Feb 4th 8026

Hadn't realised things had got so hectic!

I'm going to assume you meant 170 for previous/current weight.?.?.? :)

Yes!

Thank you! :smiley:
  • Wishusdonna
    Wishusdonna Posts: 241 Member
    Options
    Checking in:

Monday:

Calories: Loads under
    Water: On target
    Exercise: 8026 steps

Tuesday:

Calories: a bit over - I got free pizza at work, and I'm trying to save pennies as the income is a bit reduced right now, so I took advantage.
    Water: On target
    Exercise: 12032 steps

Goal: kindness, a proper night's sleep, and eat something green!
  • Kres567
    Options
    @Wishusdonna - love your goals! My blender broke recently - I miss my green smoothies!

Username: kres567
    Weigh in week: 1
    Weigh in day: Wednesday
    Previous weight: 206.1
    Current weight: 206.1

I’ve start Intermittent Fasting recently and have not seen any change in weight. I do it Monday - Thursday. Does anyone on here follow it and if so any pointers? Should I be fasting more days in the week? I read somewhere that women should only do it a few days a week. Any suggestions are appreciated!
  • alys_plate92
    alys_plate92 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Username: alysplate92
    Weigh in Day: Wednesday
    Previous Weight: 270.2
    Current Weight: 270.6

New week, new chances to do better!

Moving into a new apartment today and it’s upstairs so I’ll be burning all the calories :)
  • DaveJ_43
    DaveJ_43 Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    Please share your name, where you live, how long you have been on MFP, and anything you want to share about your weight loss journey so far - successes, challenges, goals for the month. Anything to help you get motivated and maybe inspire others on the team!! Go Slimpossibles!!!!!!

Hi guys. I'm in the Washington, DC area. I have been on MFP forever. 8 years. It works when you use it. When I am actively logging food and exercise I am doing well; when I start to slack, the weight comes back. I love to workout, and try to maintain a good mix of running, strength training, other cardio, and yoga. Last year I started focusing on stepping up my running and ran a lot of races. This year I am going after 2 marathons - the first one is March 9. I'd like to drop another 10 pounds before then - less of me to carry for the long runs. Workouts are great, but the real weight loss happens in the kitchen.

The Slims is a great team. Welcome new team members!
  • tess5036
    tess5036 Posts: 942 Member
    Options
    19shmoo69 wrote: »
    I could not tell you how my calories and such are. This illness has me not thinking straight. Im averaging a couple hours sleep a night and the rest if the time coughing. I'm trying different medicine tonight. I pray it helps.

6531 steps for today 2/5

I do hope you feel better soon, best not to worry too much about calories when you are ill, just focus on getting better
This discussion has been closed.