Smack my *kitten* or pat my head

Options
mkrefting
mkrefting Posts: 20 Member
So a newbie, probably 5 weeks in. I was at 20 carbs to start, and decided that wasn't for me, even though I was in ketosis for a bit. Fast forward to today, when I had this CRAVING for carbs! I went to the store and put a strawberry lemon cream cake in my cart, then a chocolate cream cake in my cart, THEN......I saw some juicy blackberries, and some Halo ice cream.....and I put the cakes down (returned them), came home, and had 2 servings of ice cream with blackberries. I still feel pretty successful, LOL> I am looking at 50 or less total carbs now. I wanted to smack my *kitten*, but I think I made some good decisions, considering.

Replies

• mkrefting
    Options
    I don't know what drove me to this "diet". I don't know why "today" led me to crave carbs. I was doing 20 net a day. I was craving chocolate and other stuff today, but I "kinda" stopped the stuff, as I promised my son I would wait for him, and he will be here in a week or less.
  • mkrefting
    Options
    I can say I was hungry, and there is something about this one store's chocolate cake, it's soooooooooo good....the strawberry lemon cream cake was on sale (looked delicious), but I am a sucker for all things 50% off or more, and it was below half price. I am seriously addicted to food sales. My freezers are full of steak! Yes, 2 freezers! I think, because I look at macros a lot now, I am scared to be full because it means too many calories. I am not meeting my fats, right about at my protein number, and trying to stay in range of calories. It seems for the amount of fat I should eat, it goes way over on carbs or calories, I could eat a pound of broccoli with a cup of ranch dressing. Perhaps I should forget about calories for a minute until I am more settled into it? I am currently "saying" I do 50 total carbs or less a day, but usually they are below 30.
  • KarlaYP
    KarlaYP Posts: 4,439 Member
    Options
    Yes, we do all have those days where we remember a food that was really good, or come upon it (as you did @mkrefting) and have to make the choice to pick it up, or walk away! And sometimes walking away can be very hard. When the hormone thing is happening, or when we’re stressed, or when we are ticked off because we’ve tried sooo hard to lose weight and the stinking scale isn’t budging.....it can be very hard to keep walking.

Once the effects of fully satisfying myself with the proper macro ratio of fats and protein kicked in I didn’t see those items as proper fuel for my body anymore. I was able to just walk by without even a glance, because I began to recall more of what they did to my body. The ill effects that came from the indulgence of “just one piece” mentality that led to eating the whole thing before I found this way of life, became my focus!! I didn’t want what they did to me more than the fact that they tasted good (which they probably didn’t taste good anymore anyway!)! Why would I want to go back to the (I don’t even like to call them foods anymore) “poisons” that made me so sick?

Ultimately, when done the right way, this woe can change the way you look at fueling your body, and gives you a control over food you never dreamed of!