Make friends to lose 10lb together

Options

Replies

• lagoscarrie
    lagoscarrie Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    But counting calories is sad...... and not fun...
    I actually rather like weighing my food for a while. (I'm sure I'd feel differently if I had 100 pounds to lose!) Two things about this are fascinating to me: the first is what an effective disincentive to eat having to write it down is. "OMG. I'd have to look up Triscuits and then 'Triscuits' would be in my 'recent' foods!" And I don't.

The second is what a crazy huge amount of vegetables I can eat. MFP tells me after dinner I have to eat more and I'm like, you gotta be kidding me! My dinner fills two large dinner plates. It's really a good education.
  • shapelyJ
    shapelyJ Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    I'd love to join as well!
    I'm 5'6, 150lb wanting to get back in shape after a couple of years of unhealthy choices..
    I'm finding it hard to stay motivated and would love some mfp-friends for support!
  • Floridagirl1214
    Floridagirl1214 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hello,
    I am in too! I need to lose 10 pounds as well.
    It sounds like there is a solid group of us.
    What are the next steps as a group?
    Looking forward to joining this community,
    Elizabeth
  • sabihac7618
    sabihac7618 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I’m in too! I am 5’2”, 131 pounds. I want to be 121 pounds - most of the hollywood actresses are that weight no matter what their height! I use the LesMills app - they have so many options - I like bodycombat - it involves martial arts - I do the express workouts for 30 minutes - they are really intense and work out the core. I also started taking the stairs to the 9th floor at work instead of the elevator!
  • lagoscarrie
    lagoscarrie Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    I also started taking the stairs to the 9th floor at work instead of the elevator!
    That is my mom's strategy; she never takes an elevator. She's 83 and weighs the same 115 pounds she did when she was married, so I think it works!
  • Mali_o
    Mali_o Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I am in please. Need to loose about 20lbs
  • janvcooper
    janvcooper Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    I picked up five pounds over the holidays and am having a heck of a time getting them off. Weigh 125 would like to weigh 115, or at least 120 by my holiday in April. Count me in.
  • afrye976
    afrye976 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Ate a bit of rice (my fav) over the weekend and went to weigh my self on Tuesday and I was up a pound! Ughhhh
  • jillmkern
    jillmkern Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I hear you - it seems the less you have to lose, the more your body fights to hang onto it! :neutral:

Good luck!
    lbride wrote: »
    I'm on board. I wan to lose a measly 4 lbs and it seems insurmountable! 5'6, 130, those 4 lbs are literally the last 4 lbs and all on my stomach. But counting calories is sad...... and not fun...

• jillmkern
    jillmkern Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    When I'm trying to be good - I go through them like crazy - I was in heaven when I saw those 100 calorie round things
    Also, haven't bought veggie burgers in forever (forgot about them), now I want one!
  • chilli41
    chilli41 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    jillmkern wrote: »
    When I'm trying to be good - I go through them like crazy - I was in heaven when I saw those 100 calorie round things
    Also, haven't bought veggie burgers in forever (forgot about them), now I want one!

Ooh good call.

Im 5'3 and currently 10st 11lb (having been poorly last week im not convinced that number is correct :-/) . I want to get to 10st but can never get past the 10st 3 or 4 barrier. So hoping we can all get to our goals together.
  • afrye976
    afrye976 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Week 4 is proving to be hardest! I’m loosing my will power! Had drinks with friends last night! Don’t have the energy to get to the gym today. I’m supposed to go to dinner to celebrate my brothers anniversary. Just looked at the menu and it’s making me nervous! What do you eat low cal in a seafood restaurant? I love baked stuffed shrimp but....
  • ktaqwa
    ktaqwa Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Hi there ! I just had a baby and have lost 20 lbs I have about 15 more pounds to go to get to my pre pregnancy weight for my wedding in 2 months ! I may only lose 10 lbs because I’d like to take it slow and still eat enough ! I’m 5’2 and currently 122 lbs ! I love to run and usually have a ton of energy , my body frame is very small so even though I am a healthy weight right now I have a lot of fat on my legs and abdominal area that I would like to lose and I’m working out a lot so I know it’s my diet ! I also can’t keep any food off limit without wanting it 100X more so I have to simply practice portion control and eat foods that bring the most satiety to me as much as possible !
  • engel0509
    engel0509 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I'd love to join!
  • sunshira
    sunshira Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I would like to lose seven pounds. I eat too much sugar and am grazing in the evening again. I have worked too hard to lose weight. We lost 30 pounds a few years ago and slowly the weight is increasing. I really want to focus on healthy choices. This sounds like a great group. Thanks
  • NikkiLouise15
    NikkiLouise15 Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    Hi I’m Nikki,
    I used to be an avid user of MFP a few years back but then life happened and tracking my weight, goals and chatting to like minded people slipped off my priority list!

As a rule I follow a low carb/zero sugar diet but recently started dabbling in a more LCHF/keto way of life

A bit about me: I’m 33, live in Nottingham, Uk and work as a HR professional 🤓
  • tildy4
    tildy4 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Ok, I would love some help loosing this last 10lbs! I am 33 weigh 135 and am 5’8”. I workout 5 days a week mostly and fast from 6pm until 10am. I am trying to understand the macros. It is set at the default, but I find that even though I try to hit them as close as I can (I am always under by 200-300 cal) but I just am not hungry and find myself getting uncomfortable just to hit my recommended daily goal. I just don’t understand macros. Would I be better off eating most of my protein on the am and carbs in the pm?
  • sardelsa
    sardelsa Posts: 9,812 Member
    Options
    tildy4 wrote: »
    Ok, I would love some help loosing this last 10lbs! I am 33 weigh 135 and am 5’8”. I workout 5 days a week mostly and fast from 6pm until 10am. I am trying to understand the macros. It is set at the default, but I find that even though I try to hit them as close as I can (I am always under by 200-300 cal) but I just am not hungry and find myself getting uncomfortable just to hit my recommended daily goal. I just don’t understand macros. Would I be better off eating most of my protein on the am and carbs in the pm?

How quickly are you losing? You want to make sure you are fueling yourself adequately so you don't wear yourself out and lose precious muscle. Try adding calorie dense foods like fats.. nuts, nut butters, granola, full fat dairy etc. Or try decreasing your fasting window so you can get more food in.

You can spread out your macros however it works best for you.
  • tildy4
    tildy4 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Thank you! I will definitely add more nuts to what I am eating. I workout in the morning prior to my first meal then follow right up with a high protein breakfast. Man, getting carbs is my hard part and I always get to my protein and fat goals way before my carbs. I have wanted to try macro counting before, but it seemed crazy complicated so I am super excited about this app!
  • sardelsa
    sardelsa Posts: 9,812 Member
    Options
    @tildy4 it's not complicated, you don't have to hit your macros exactly.. as long as you are around the numbers that's fine. Also you can customize your macros to what works for you, and after a few days if tracking you can look at your day overall and see where you can adjust to better hit your goals.