Britt's OMAD Renewal

Options

Replies

• futuredrbri
    futuredrbri Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    Thank you SO much for that response, Steph!
    I decided to skip the meal today. Really not hungry at all. If I do need to eat, I will tonight, but I hope that doesn't happen. I am honestly mostly concerned with tomorrow. I know I can make it through tonight easily, but I am scared that I will be starving in the morning and then forcing myself to wait all day (doesn't work well when you need to focus on schoolwork). I am trying to stick with the 5 PM time since it works perfectly with my schedule. We'll see how it goes!
  • mistymeadows2005
    mistymeadows2005 Posts: 3,737 Member
    Options
    Thank you SO much for that response, Steph!
    I decided to skip the meal today. Really not hungry at all. If I do need to eat, I will tonight, but I hope that doesn't happen. I am honestly mostly concerned with tomorrow. I know I can make it through tonight easily, but I am scared that I will be starving in the morning and then forcing myself to wait all day (doesn't work well when you need to focus on schoolwork). I am trying to stick with the 5 PM time since it works perfectly with my schedule. We'll see how it goes!

Gotcha - well listen to your body AND mind :) I find that if the hunger really bothers me the next morning, that a little celery or bone broth or something low carb will take away both mental and physical cues and won't pull me out of fasting :) Honestly bone broth is my hero - it fixes any and all OMAD struggles LOL

Caffeine helps me too :P
  • LadyBlanks
    LadyBlanks Posts: 1,070 Member
    Options
    Britt, I agree you shouldn't force yourself to eat if you are not hungry. You mentioned intuitive eating in the past and it has worked for you. If you get hungry before your meal time I recommend getting a small zero carb item. After a longer fast if I am hungry early in the day I will have some coffee with MCT Oil and butter and it holds me over until my meal time. I may have my coffee or my Chocolate Kale Shake, but no solid food until my meal time.

I also think extending your eating window on Wednesdays is a great idea. Date night is a part of your life and our eating plan should fit with our lifestyle. You want to have a plan that you can stick with for the long haul and eating in a two-hour window still provides a fasting window of 22 hours which is still very good.
  • futuredrbri
    Options
    You all are both right! Thanks for the support, ladies. No problems getting through tonight (just getting home and more than ready for bed). I still have no hunger whatsoever, and I could always have a nice keto chai in the morning if I need it.
  • futuredrbri
    Options
    Weight: 154.4 | 1.6 lbs until second mini milestone (2/12 of the way to goal)!
    No OMAD - just a water fast today.
    Looking forward to Microscope March!
  • volgirl1322
    volgirl1322 Posts: 2,086 Member
    Options
    Hi Britt,

I have never struggled with binging so I can't help with that but I think listening to your body is so important, if you would be okay to not eat and you weren't hungry then I would hold off ---like Steph said, you just eat something later on. I hope this helps! You are doing great --and I agree balance in all areas of our life is huge!!!

D
  • futuredrbri
    Options
    I'm happy I listened to my body as you all suggested. I'm still not all that hungry, but I can tell that I will be by the time my mealtime comes. I feel very much empowered when I listen to my body, and I woke up feeling that way. I also slept like a baby last night when I haven't been for the past few weeks, so I wonder if it was at all related. In any case, thank you, thank you, thank you! I feel much better, and the bump-up I had on the scale and more is gone today! Excited for Microscope March!
  • mistymeadows2005
    Options
    That's a solid win babe! Listened to your body and felt better for it!!! NSV!!!
  • LadyBlanks
    Options
    Our body is great at knowing what it needs and when we listen we reap the benefits. So glad you listened to your body and your body was able to do what it needed to do for you to get good sleep and feel better all around.
  • futuredrbri
    Options
    Thanks, Steph and Tracey!
    I have to admit that I am now terrified to eat because I feel like I am going to get fat overnight after having fasted yesterday. I know this is ridiculous, but this is the ED brain at work. I'm still not really hungry, but I think it will be best to eat something today. I can see this becoming a slippery slope.
  • mistymeadows2005
    Options
    Thanks, Steph and Tracey!
    I have to admit that I am now terrified to eat because I feel like I am going to get fat overnight after having fasted yesterday. I know this is ridiculous, but this is the ED brain at work. I'm still not really hungry, but I think it will be best to eat something today. I can see this becoming a slippery slope.

Yup, if my mindset isn't right, a long fast will shove me RIGHT into disordered eating mode. If you feel that it's getting near that, I'd eat babe. I know it's not fun to eat if you're not hungry but I'd rather you protect your mindset than worry over a few extra cals that you could have avoided. The bottom line is that A: you know your brain and your ED best so trust your instincts and B: remember to WOOSAH! Take a deep breath, meditate, make fun of ME, whatever you hafta do, but take the pressure off - you're already gorgeous inside and out, you're just in a state of continuous improvement :)
  • futuredrbri
    Options
    B: remember to WOOSAH! Take a deep breath, meditate, make fun of ME, whatever you hafta do, but take the pressure off

Wonderful suggestions (minus the bolded - you're so silly!), and thank you for the rest of your post, too. I really needed that. I'm going to cook now while drinking my ACV!
  • futuredrbri
    Options
    Just posted in Microscope March!
    I'm happy I decided to eat. I wasn't super hungry, but this was very filling and made me feel good after eating it.
    4ttdjzd6oytl.png
  • LadyBlanks
    Options
    That is a good healthy looking meal. You also have a good MM starting weight which will allow you to reach your goal for the month. Thanks for being the first to post and get the thread moving along.
  • jadepearl
    jadepearl Posts: 3,113 Member
    Options
    Glad to hear that you got it all sorted out <3 Gonna join you in the MS March thread :) Congrats on your loss! :)
  • volgirl1322
    Options
    Great start to MM for you Britt. Your meal pic looked amazing!!!!
  • futuredrbri
    Options
    Thanks, ladies. The loss was short-lived, and I was up a pound yesterday. I definitely let that affect my mood and my eating yesterday, bu I have to say that working out and having a short eating window definitely minimized the damage I could do. I'm moving to weekly weigh-ins because I want to keep the exercise in (this always happens to me whenever I start!), and the fluctuations really affect me. I think I will be doing Monday weigh-ins from now on.
  • jadepearl
    jadepearl Posts: 3,113 Member
    Options
    Don't be so hard on yourself! <3 It might just be water weight. Do what's best for you and if weekly weigh-ins are better, then do that! :) Love your food photos...yummy! :)
  • volgirl1322
    Options
    Hi Britt, I agree with @jadepearl do whatever works for you! I am not a fan for myself of daily weigh ins either I think it would get in my head too much just like you!
    You are doing great though by realizing it and moving on!
  • mistymeadows2005
    Options
    B: remember to WOOSAH! Take a deep breath, meditate, make fun of ME, whatever you hafta do, but take the pressure off

Wonderful suggestions (minus the bolded - you're so silly!), and thank you for the rest of your post, too. I really needed that. I'm going to cook now while drinking my ACV!

Lmao I'm just sayin... Im fun and easy to make fun of and I find it endearing :p:p:p just ask my boys at work lmao