Replies

• katjustkat
    katjustkat Posts: 754 Member
    edited September 2017
    Balsamic glaze vinaigrette:
    INGREDIENTS

3 tablespoons balsamic glaze
    1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
    1/4 cup avocado oil . (or you can use olive oil but it has a stronger flavor)
    Salt and freshly ground pepper

PREPARATION

In a small bowl, whisk the balsamic and mustard. Add the oil in a slow steady stream, whisking constantly. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
    *** I always wing my quantities according to tasting. You need very little of this dressing as it has a ton of flavor.
  • mistymeadows2005
    mistymeadows2005 Posts: 3,737 Member
    katjustkat wrote: »
    Balsamic glaze vinaigrette:
    INGREDIENTS

3 tablespoons balsamic glaze
    1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
    1/4 cup avocado oil . (or you can use olive oil but it has a stronger flavor)
    Salt and freshly ground pepper

PREPARATION

In a small bowl, whisk the balsamic and mustard. Add the oil in a slow steady stream, whisking constantly. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
    *** I always wing my quantities according to tasting. You need very little of this dressing as it has a ton of flavor.

YUMMMMMMMM thanks for this one babe!
  • mistymeadows2005
    Bumping in case I can up with some cool stuff soon :)
  • EstrangedTiger
    EstrangedTiger Posts: 543 Member
    Bumping in case I can up with some cool stuff soon :)

Nice! I’ll share once this trip is complete.

• dkayingram
    dkayingram Posts: 737 Member
    Here is a version of the buffalo cauliflower bites I make
    @mistymeadows2005 inspired me with her version. These are great for football parties, come here football season!!!

Ingredients
    •1 small head cauliflower, separated into bite-sized florets (about 5 cups)
    •4 tablespoons butter, melted
    •5 tablespoons Hot Sauce (we like it hot, i usually add way more!)
    •1 tablespoon white vinegar
    •½ teaspoon garlic powder
    •salt and ground black pepper, to taste
    •2 cups Panko crumbs

Instructions
    1.Preheat the oven to 375° F.
    2.Prepare a baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
    3.In a small bowl, add the melted butter, hot sauce, white vinegar, garlic powder, salt and pepper.
    4.Stir to combine.
    5.Place the Panko crumbs in a small, shallow bowl.
    6.Make an assembly line with the cauliflower florets, the sauce and the Panko crumbs.
    7.Use one hand to dip the florets into the sauce then drop it into the crumbs.
    8.Using the other hand, coat the floret well with the crumbs and place it on the baking sheet.
    9.Once all of the florets are coated, use a very light spray of cooking oil to coat the tops. This will help hold the crumbs in place, as well as aid in their browning. (I use a cooking spray atomizer instead of the aerosol cans.)
    10.Place the baking sheet into the preheated oven and bake for 20-25 minutes, or until the crumbs are golden brown.
    11.Remove the baking sheet from the oven.
    12.If you have any remaining sauce, that can be lightly brushed onto the tops of the florets.
  • mistymeadows2005
    NOM NOM NOM - I went very simple with just Frank's, some Carolina Reaper sauce, and NoSalt w Bl Pepper...and no panko bc I was trying to be low carbish LOL
  • mistymeadows2005
    BUMP :relaxed::relaxed::relaxed:
  • jadepearl
    jadepearl Posts: 3,113 Member
    edited February 2019
    Simple Cabbage Rice
    Author: Spice the Plate
    https://www.spicetheplate.com/rice-noodle/simple-cabbage-fried-rice/

Ingredients
    2 cups cooked white rice
    2 eggs, beaten, add a touch of salt to taste
    2 cups cabbage, tear into pieces
    4 small spicy chili pepper, chopped into pieces
    a handful of chopped green onion for topping
    2 tablespoons vegetable oil
    1 teaspoon salt
    1 tablespoon soy sauce
    ½ tablespoon oyster sauce
    a touch of sesame oil
    a touch of white pepper powder

Instructions
    Heat 2 tablespoons of vegetable oil in a nonstick pan over medium-high heat, add in the cabbage and stir fry for about 3 minutes until it starts to turn soft.
    Stir in the cooked rice rice and continue cooking for about 3 minutes until the rice is heat through, stir frequently to make sure the rice is heated evenly.
    Toss in the salt, soy sauce and oyster sauce and stir fry for another 1 minute, set aside.
    Add 1 tablespoon of vegetable oil into the pan over medium heat and gently pour the egg mixture onto the pan, wait for about 30 seconds when the eggs begin to set, lightly stir and use your spatula to separate the egg into pieces, keep stirring until the egg is cooked.
    Add the cabbage and rice back into the pan, stir fry for another 1-2 minutes and make sure the egg pieces are mixed well with the rice and cabbage.
    Drizzle with a touch of sesame oil, add white pepper powder to taste , top with chopped green onion and enjoy!

Note: For me, I tend NOT to use salt in my cooking coz too much salt will cause bloating and water retention.
  • LadyBlanks
    LadyBlanks Posts: 1,070 Member
    This is a great recipe for my no meat days. I may try it out this week.
  • jadepearl
    @LadyBlanks - I love cabbage rice <3 Hope you will love it too :)
  • jadepearl
    This Low Carb Bread is from http://www.lowcarbluxury.com/recipes/recipe-bread21.html

Low Carb Luxury Recipe!
    Gabi's World-Famous Bread

Ingredients:
    1 pkg dry yeast (Rapid Rise/Highly Active)
    1/2 teaspoon sugar *
    1 1/8 cup "baby bottle warm" water (90-100°F)
    3 Tablespoons olive oil
    1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
    1 teaspoon salt
    1 Tablespoon Splenda
    1 cup vital wheat gluten flour
    1/4 cup oat flour
    3/4 cup soy flour
    1/4 cup flax seed meal
    1/4 cup coarse unprocessed wheat bran

Pour yeast into bottom of bread machine pan. Add sugar and water. Stir, and let sit. (This is "proofing" your yeast to see if your yeast is alive. If it's not bubbling, it's dead and you can replace it without wasting all of the other ingredients).

In the meantime, mix all other dry ingredients together in a bowl. Add oil to bread machine pan. Add mixed dry ingredients. Set your machine to the basic cycle (3-4 hours) and bake.

Cool on a rack and enjoy.
  • mistymeadows2005
    BUMPAGEEEEEEEEEEE
  • wsandy8512
    wsandy8512 Posts: 1,897 Member
    Amazing brussels sprout recipe, with bacon guys... with bacon! https://www.thechunkychef.com/cheesy-brussels-sprouts-bacon/
  • volgirl1322
    volgirl1322 Posts: 2,086 Member
    <3<3<3
  • jadepearl
    edited June 2019

This is the Pimento Cheese recipe which we use which we found online and it's so yum:
    Ingredients
    2 cups shredded extra-sharp Cheddar cheese
    8 ounces cream cheese, softened
    1/2 cup mayonnaise
    1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
    1/4 teaspoon ground cayenne pepper (optional)

1/4 teaspoon onion powder
    1 jalapeno pepper, seeded and minced (optional)
    1 (4 ounce) jar diced pimento, drained
    salt and black pepper to taste

Directions
    Place the Cheddar cheese, cream cheese, mayonnaise, garlic powder, cayenne pepper, onion powder, minced jalapeno, and pimento into the large bowl of a mixer. Beat at medium speed, with paddle if possible, until thoroughly combined. Season to taste with salt and black pepper
  • volgirl1322
    volgirl1322 Posts: 2,086 Member
    This is a great recipe! I have also subbed the cheddar cheese with pepper jack and made a spicy pimento cheese. Or --you can use a velveeta cheese that works also ---they are all delicious!!! <3
  • mistymeadows2005
    Nom Nom Nom Nom Nom Nom Nom Nom Nom
  • Brendalea69
    Brendalea69 Posts: 3,863 Member
    edited January 2021
    Delicious and I don't know how many calories because I don't count calories 😂 but I did have 2 bowls 😋 Recipe doesn't call for noodles but my hubby wanted them so I added a quart size bag of cooked elbow macaroni 💙