Options

Replies

• sunshineplace
    sunshineplace Posts: 252 Member
    Options
    UTMom81 wrote: »
    Thursday Check In
    Calories: under
    Exercise: longer walk in the morning and was at the office (and out of meetings) long enough to sneak in an elliptical break. Hey, I figure if people can go out numerous times a day and smoke, then I can sneak in a 7-10 minute stint on the elliptical, right? AND, I refuse to take the elevator to it, so I get in 4 flights of stairs each way. ;-) Over 9.5K steps. Had I looked at that last night, I'd have done 400 steps around my house before bed. Also got in some wall sits.
    Water: Got in 64 oz of water (not counting coffee/Diet Coke), but didn't make it to 80. But that's an improvement.
    Tomorrow (really today since I'm late):
    1. Stay in the green.
    2. Another elliptical session.
    3. At least 64 oz water.
    4. Friday evening gym session???

Darn right you should be able to take a break for healthy habits!! Good for you.
  • broncobuddee
    broncobuddee Posts: 372 Member
    Options
    Kres567 wrote: »
    JenAWhite wrote: »
    Steps: -I need to be out for March!! I was so inspired by this step challenge that I copied it at work and have over 60 people in it. I’ll be logging all those, so better take a break logging steps here for the month. maybe @UTMom81 could have my spot!!

That’s amazing Jen! It’s great when we can influence others with our good habits.

I think (but not confirmed) that the step challenge may be paused for a while. Some of the captains are step tired from tracking and logging all of the steps.

It looks like they are leaving it up to the individual teams as to whether they continue with step tracking. There won't be anything group-wide. Is there interest in continuing to track steps within the team?
  • dee_toronto
    dee_toronto Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    For once I remembered to weigh in but not sure if it goes here or for March??
  • DaveJ_43
    DaveJ_43 Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    DaveJ_43
    Fridays
    197.8 PW
    197.4 CW (drip, drip, drip ...)

Good morning! I haven't been much of a contributor to the team this past month. Work and home are keeping me too busy! So I am going to sit this one out in March. Best of luck to everyone! -Dave
  • crmacph987
    crmacph987 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Username: crmacph987
    Weigh-in Day: Friday
    Weigh in Week: 4
    Previous Weight: 340.2 (Starting Weight 354)
    Current Weight: 337.8
  • digger61
    digger61 Posts: 3,795 Member
    Options
    Daily Post (Thursday)
    Track: Yes
    Calories: under
    water over
    Exercise:Yes, 60 mins weight training, and 120 mins aqua size
    Goals today No swimming with has the car. Weights and walking on the treadmill. Hope to stay under calories today I have a Prolife supper tonight

steps 9412
    Have a great day everyone
  • digger61
    digger61 Posts: 3,795 Member
    Options
    crmacph987 wrote: »
    Username: crmacph987
    Previous Weight: 340.2 (Starting Weight 354)
    Current Weight: 337.8

great loss
  • davors19
    davors19 Posts: 288 Member
    Options
    Username: davors19
    Weigh in Day: Friday
    Previous Weight: 271
    Current Weight: 272
  • AustinRuadhain
    AustinRuadhain Posts: 2,574 Member
    edited March 2019
    Options
    Thursday Check-in, Friday Plans

Food: on target
    Water: over
    Exercise: 45 min aerobic stepping in the evening (yay!), plus a few bonus things like kitchen counter pushups

Steps for 02/28 - 4,127

Friday Plans
    1. Extra water (so far, so good)
    2. Food on target today (so far, so good)
    3. Grocery store trip (done)
    4. Dinner for tonight and breakfast & lunch packed for tomorrow by 3 PM (heading out of town for school trip)
    5. Go walking or exercise at hotel
  • dee_toronto
    dee_toronto Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    Username: dee_toronto
    Previous Weight: 179
    Current Weight: 177😁
  • AustinRuadhain
    AustinRuadhain Posts: 2,574 Member
    Options
    Username: dee_toronto
    Previous Weight: 179
    Current Weight: 177😁

Brilliant! SO delighted for you! You've been hard at it this week. So glad the scale reflects it!
  • ka97
    ka97 Posts: 1,984 Member
    Options
    Friday weigh-in 154.8

I am going to have to sit out for March. I'm completely overwhelmed with work and just can't manage the regular check-ins. My state assessment portfolios are due at the end of March, so once that's done life should be good again.
  • TeresaW1020
    TeresaW1020 Posts: 3,231 Member
    Options
    Friday check in
    Calories: are a little up
    Water: is over
    Exercise: Another day of not doing anything. Work was crazy!!! We are doing this huge new campaign thing for Easter and I'm in charge of all the promotional materials and the whole thing was a cluster of complications. Good news is that I think I have a handle on it and tomorrow I WILL get my workout in.

Steps:
    2/27-7032
    2/28-3784

Are we doing steps in this month too?
  • tess5036
    tess5036 Posts: 942 Member
    Options
    Wednesday check in:
    Calories - under
    Water - over
    Exercise - 45 mins taebo
    Tomorrow - try not to go overboard this weekend

How do you find taebo, I've not done it
  • UTMom81
    UTMom81 Posts: 1,380 Member
    Options
    Steps: -I need to be out for March!! I was so inspired by this step challenge that I copied it at work and have over 60 people in it. I’ll be logging all those, so better take a break logging steps here for the month. maybe @UTMom81 could have my spot!!

That’s amazing Jen! It’s great when we can influence others with our good habits.

I think (but not confirmed) that the step challenge may be paused for a while. Some of the captains are step tired from tracking and logging all of the steps.

It looks like they are leaving it up to the individual teams as to whether they continue with step tracking. There won't be anything group-wide. Is there interest in continuing to track steps within the team?

I have a crazy idea, and I may really regret brininging this up! Lol. How about we hike the Appalachian Trail together as a group? I’m following several real AT hikers who are beginning right now. We start in Georgia and hike to Maine. If we can figure out how many steps are a mile, I’ll try to post pictures from the real trail as we make progress along the way. My heart is always on the trail this time of year anyway. @kres567 and @broncobuddee do you think this is something we can make work? Or is it TOO much work?
  • Kres567
    Kres567 Posts: 1,158 Member
    Options

I have a crazy idea, and I may really regret brininging this up! Lol. How about we hike the Appalachian Trail together as a group? I’m following several real AT hikers who are beginning right now. We start in Georgia and hike to Maine. If we can figure out how many steps are a mile, I’ll try to post pictures from the real trail as we make progress along the way. My heart is always on the trail this time of year anyway. @kres567 and @broncobuddee do you think this is something we can make work? Or is it TOO much work?

I’m up for it! Always good to have a new challenge to keep us motivated! Do we still track it on our f2F spreadsheet where we log our weigh ins?
  • 19shmoo69
    19shmoo69 Posts: 1,093 Member
    Options

It's about 2000 steps per mile.
  • deconstructeddancer
    deconstructeddancer Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Username: deconstructeddancer
    Weigh in week: Week 4
    Weigh in day: Friday
    Previous Weight: 286.8
    Todays Weight: 286,6
  • UTMom81
    UTMom81 Posts: 1,380 Member
    Options

I’m up for it! Always good to have a new challenge to keep us motivated! Do we still track it on our f2F spreadsheet where we log our weigh ins?

I think that would work. It could be open to however many people want to participate. Wouldn’t be restricted since we wouldn’t be competing against any other teams. Unless that spreadsheet could only be used for a competition. Y’all know more about that than I do.
  • Kres567
    Kres567 Posts: 1,158 Member
    edited March 2019
    Options
    ka97 wrote: »
    Friday weigh-in 154.8

I am going to have to sit out for March. I'm completely overwhelmed with work and just can't manage the regular check-ins. My state assessment portfolios are due at the end of March, so once that's done life should be good again.

No worries - we look forward to having you back in April!!! Is it okay if we move you to cheer squad for the month?
This discussion has been closed.